Bain
Mesidor
Wayne
Alston
Lightfoot
McConathy
Bryant
Pickett

If you can’t win 10 games in the ACC with that group rushing the passer, you’re a loser.

Besides Bain early in the season and Mesidor in 2022 where is the DE production to brag about it. I see a bunch of freshman's and a transfer. We need a portal DE!

Advertisement
As much as I really like Kelly and was hoping for great things from him, DE is the one place we could afford to lose a guy like him. Bain, Mesidor, and Alston are enough if healthy, given Wayne and the young guys. Plus Bryant. And if coaches do go recruit a top DT, we can always stand JHH up again if needed.

p.s, Height not helpful IMHO.

Advertisement
They’re both dealing with her son struggling to be the best player on the team for the first time. It happens to everyone.

She’ll have things to say about the next fan base too.
Well said and 100% agreed

2022 recruiting class was brutal for roster building.

6 players straight up gone.
5 backups, most are deep backups that have low snap counts through two years and look like developmental players.
1 guy emerging to get starting/role player. (JH)
1 decent starter. (WB)
1 guy that might make the NFL. (AC)

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as I really like Kelly and was hoping for great things from him, DE is the one place we could afford to lose a guy like him. Bain, Mesidor, and Alston are enough if healthy, given Wayne and the young guys. Plus Bryant. And if coaches do go recruit a top DT, we can always stand JHH up again if needed.

p.s, Height not helpful IMHO.
yeah I don’t think it’s Kelly leaving that is bothering people as much as it’s Kelly seemingly being replaced with Height

I think Kelly will be a good player before he finishes up but this is the world we are in now

How many guys do you need to have in the room with proven production?

You have three (Bain, Mesidor, and Alston).

How many more do you need?
Assuming we want to completely bank on Alston as proven and Mesidor as healthy...still need another proven guy if we want to make a playoff push, which we absolutely need to do this season (otherwise that recruiting pitch starts falling flat).

Im beginning to open more to taking Height with the Kelly Loss....

there is also a small school guy i would entice to jump in.

Preferably a guy with length (no diddy) but for the 4th rotational edge we can grab a guy like this for cheap/ little to nothing or deal with a Height type

Advertisement
I would of liked to have kept him, but looks like he wants to be a starter. Lets just replace his production. We needed to cut some fat like Campbell on defense, Kelly was someone I really wanted to keep.

Assuming we want to completely bank on Alston as proven and Mesidor as healthy...still need another proven guy if we want to make a playoff push, which we absolutely need to do this season (otherwise that recruiting pitch starts falling flat).

Can you give me an example of teams that go 4-deep at DE with P4 production?

Advertisement
Back