Kelly out

Advertisement
Wayne played well to me in spurts last year. He wasn’t a Bain-level contributor, but the kid held his own against the run and got some pressure on third downs. I also think he had a PD.
Yeah he was fine. I have bad memories of him getting repeatedly mauled by Rutgers in the bowl game, but he has time to get stronger and put on weight. As long as he can contribute a bit more this year on the second team and keep making strides, he’ll be ready to start in 2025.

Yeah he was fine. I have bad memories of him getting repeatedly mauled by Rutgers in the bowl game, but he has time to get stronger and put on weight. As long as he can contribute a bit more this year on the second team and keep making strides, he’ll be ready to start in 2025.

Buttgers really beat the **** out of Miami.

I haven’t had the heart to go back and rewatch it. I may just do that this weekend compared against the spring game.

Wish him the best - stay healthy and leave the state! more portal news will likely hit in the coming days/weeks.

Wayne played well to me in spurts last year. He wasn’t a Bain-level contributor, but the kid held his own against the run and got some pressure on third downs. I also think he had a PD.
He **** sure looked the part physically. He didnt look out of place.

Advertisement
I like what i saw but i don’t think it was enough to feel confident about

I wish him the best of luck as long as it’s not FSU. Someone was leaving from the DE room.

Man that 2022 class was BAD for us. Updated tracker…

Cyrus Moss, 4* (#57 overall). Gone

Nyjalik Kelly, 4* (#87 overall). Gone

Jaleel Skinner, 4* (#100 overall). Gone

Chris Graves, 4* (#125 overall). Gone

Tre’Vonte Citizen, 4* (#133 overall). Injuries and unknowns

Khamauri Rogers, 4* (#159 overall).
Gone

Wes Bissanthe, 4* (#206 overall). Decent thus far.

Markeith Williams, 4* (#246 overall). Depth thus far.

Jacurri Brown, 4* (#263 overall). Transfer candidate.

Isaiah Horton, 4* (#372 overall). WR3/4 entering 2024.

Jaden Harris, 3* (#541 overall). Finally going to earn starter snaps, remains to be seen what he’s capable of.

Matthew McCoy, 3* (#736 overall). Depth

Ahmad Moten, 3* (#558 overall).
Has Hardly played.

Colbie Young, 3* (JUCO). Gone

Anez Cooper, 3* (couldn’t find Nat’l #, but #235 OL): Stud.
Manny was an awful talent evaluator. And it was always kind of suspicious that mario was able to get top 100 recruits like moss and skinner to flip to miami at the 11th hour

Advertisement
My only fear with Wayne is watching him he really had zero bend on the edge - maybe he can overpower with his size but he seemingly had very limited moves. That can of course improve dramatically but still.

Advertisement
I wish him the best of luck as long as it’s not FSU. Someone was leaving from the DE room.

Gone

Jaden Harris, 3* (#541 overall). Finally going to earn starter snaps, remains to be seen what he’s capable of.

Has Hardly played.

every first class for every new coach at every school since the advent of the early signing period has gone this way. it's one of the real downsides of the new system. you have coaches and players entering into shotgun marriages after 2-4 week recruitments. as athletic out of state projects who signed here after very short recruitments, Moss and Skinner were very obvious transfer candidates the second they walked in the door. I think the history of the early signing period would tell you that is the exact archetype of player who is going to find another school w/in a year or two. you also still had covid era evaluations driving rankings/signings during this period ... Cyrus Moss did not have the body of a top 60 overall recruit.

consider how much the coaching staff has changed over since this period. with the exception of the OL and the DTs, every single player on this list had, or would have had, two different position coaches. both OC and DC have turned over in this period. putting a whole roster and coaching staff together in a month or month and a half's time is not conducive to longevity. thankfully, the further we get from Mario's first year the less any of it matters.

Advertisement

Gone

Has Hardly played.

Mario put off hiring a staff so he could sign this class.

Thank God we got rid of a young talented guy for a piece of USC’s vaunted defense.
We didn't get rid of him. He's choosing to leave because he wants guaranteed snaps. That is what we should be thanking God for. That were not being bent over a barrel anymore by an unproven kid because he refuses to compete and earn it. You either earn your time or clear it. That's how it NEEDS to be.

Advertisement
Back