Kelly out

Advertisement
We didn't get rid of him. He's choosing to leave because he wants guaranteed snaps. That is what we should be thanking God for. That were not being bent over a barrel anymore by an unproven kid because he refuses to compete and earn it. You either earn your time or clear it. That's how it NEEDS to be.

I’m in agreement about why he left (opportunity), I was just being cheeky.

Buttgers really beat the **** out of Miami.

I haven’t had the heart to go back and rewatch it. I may just do that this weekend compared against the spring game.
That game really highlighted how rough our roster was. When we had good teams we weren’t relying on freshmen unless it was an anomaly like Bain. Guys like Wayne would have never been on the field (despite his obvious talent)

Sucks to lose a talented kid like Kelly but same time these days with the portal it’s happening to everyone

I’m in agreement about why he left (opportunity), I was just being cheeky.
Puff Daddy Chill GIF by Mike Hitt

Advertisement
+ Wayne played well as a TrFR
+ Lightfoot will contribute this season.
+ McConathy will start to contribute next season.
+ Bryant will get plenty of snaps this season with Alston.

What’s wrong with the room? What’s missing?

Well…Basically Nyjalik Kelly. He really flashed as a true frosh, and not a lot of teams had a player of his caliber as their #3 or #4 defensive end. He had a chance for 15-25 snaps a game here and then a big year #4.

I agree though, still plenty of talent on hand.

Last edited:
Advertisement
+ Wayne played well as a TrFR
+ Lightfoot will contribute this season.
+ McConathy will start to contribute next season.
+ Bryant will get plenty of snaps this season with Alston.

What’s wrong with the room? What’s missing?
Lot of projection here. You might be right, hope you are, but...

- Wayne needs to take a big step up (which he definitely could) if he is going to be a positive factor and not just a guy taking up snaps
- Lightfoot is very skinny so his contribution will probably be situational
- McConathy...heard the same **** before about Day 1 contributions from lower rated prospects, call me skeptical
- Bryant was my pick to be a Day 1 contributor last year, loved his tape...again, we shall see, but he is learning a new spot so I'm not putting that one in sharpie
- Pickett is stouter than Lightfoot but doesn't have the reach and might be playing the same spot as Alston/Bryant

As far as I'm concerned, our only proven commodites are Bain, Mesidor (injury red flag) and Alston (not even sure he counts as proven given the step up in competition).

Height...meh. On a good team he is probably the 5th guy up at best.

So really, what that room is missing is proven production. And until we see it, I will personally not be counting this as a strength.

Advertisement
12-14 will likely be the number of portals w Kelly and Parrish included in that number.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking at least 10 more minimum given numbers and the thought that we will bring in another RB and likely a couple more

Advertisement
Bc they had one job to just get upfield...hold the edge? nah. Spill counter? lulz.
I mean, if I’m trying to get drafted as a pass rusher, that’s what I want to do.

Mom was def not a fan of the fan base (which I get every fan base is toxic) but didn’t help
Seemed like a great family... but she needs to get off twitter/boards though. Kid doesn't need a champion coming to his defense from every idiot with an opinion. There's a better way. Hope she finds it.

Lot of projection here. You might be right, hope you are, but...

- Wayne needs to take a big step up (which he definitely could) if he is going to be a positive factor and not just a guy taking up snaps
- Lightfoot is very skinny so his contribution will probably be situational
- McConathy...heard the same **** before about Day 1 contributions from lower rated prospects, call me skeptical
- Bryant was my pick to be a Day 1 contributor last year, loved his tape...again, we shall see, but he is learning a new spot so I'm not putting that one in sharpie
- Pickett is stouter than Lightfoot but doesn't have the reach and might be playing the same spot as Alston/Bryant

As far as I'm concerned, our only proven commodites are Bain, Mesidor (injury red flag) and Alston (not even sure he counts as proven given the step up in competition).

Height...meh. On a good team he is probably the 5th guy up at best.

So really, what that room is missing is proven production. And until we see it, I will personally not be counting this as a strength.

How many guys do you need to have in the room with proven production?

You have three (Bain, Mesidor, and Alston).

How many more do you need?

Advertisement
Back