Keith Heckendorf....1st OC Rumor to Surface..

Advertisement
the entire staff will be ****canned next year when Manny is fired wtf are u talking about?

And then you'll be saying the same exact thing about the next staff as well. Rinse, cycle, repeat. Sooner or later you have to wisen up and understand that the problems affecting this program go much DEEPER than the HC & AD. MUCH DEEPER.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ya I may agree with that...Just saying it doesn't look like an offense that abandons the run and he and Fedora's offenses at UNC certainly didn't.

And your point is well taken with the run scheme.

Teams like that, the old Baylor, Wazzu, etc can struggle to close out games bc the run game is not built for it. I think i heard years ago that Baylor only had like 2-3 run calls in the playbook, it was that simple. When it is, teams know it and attack it. You can't wind the clock. You can't close out a half with a drive that breaks the opponents back. You need serious depth on Defense because possessing the ball is not in the scheme.

Teams like OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Bama, Memphis, UCF, Okie State.....they can all pound you with the run. They keep the defense honest and have something to go to if/when the QB is a little off.

By the way, Clemson just ran a Briles concept formation. It can be implemented without being 1 of only 3 formations used.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t follow Ark st but I’m sure they dont have anyone who can touch Brevins jock

**** they would kill for soft *** Mallory on that squad I bet

The offense he runs doesn't utilize a TE for much other than a H-back type role and the occasional flex out wide in a stack for blocking.

Teams like that, the old Baylor, Wazzu, etc can struggle to close out games bc the run game is not built for it. I think i heard years ago that Baylor only had like 2-3 run calls in the playbook, it was that simple. When it is, teams know it and attack it. You can't wind the clock. You can't close out a half with a drive that breaks the opponents back. You need serious depth on Defense because possessing the ball is not in the scheme.

Teams like OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, Bama, Memphis, UCF, Okie State.....they can all pound you with the run. They keep the defense honest and have something to go to if/when the QB is a little off.

I'm 1000 pct on the same side as you and have said it on this board many times...I do not want some maniacal finesse-only air raid type...Being one dimensional is never good, and it's actually even the bigger sin to be one dimensional on the pass side.

Balance and the ability to generate big plays in both run and pass is the goal.

Advertisement
Back