Keith Brown

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Keith said:
Brown says he plans to either firm up his UM commitment or pick a new school in the first week of December, since he's graduating early.

"If they haven't announced sanctions by then I most likely won't go to Miami," Brown said.

Asked why that is, he said, "It's not me, it's my parents. They don't want me in that situation."

Advertisement
I have to wonder if Keith Brown is seeing the same reality that I and many other Canes fans see. He is the 3rd best linebacker committed in this class. The two that I see as more capable of being day 1 contributors (Holliett & Kirby) are solidly committed. If you look at who Keith Brown is considering, they are teams that might be considered a step down from UM's historical place. He might say its probation related and make no mistake, THAT IS A VERY VALID REASON TO DECOMMIT, but I suspect he's showing some concern over immediate playing time.

If that's how he feels he needs to go then....We need the kids that want to compete against the best to be the best....That want to be CANES !!!!

FWIW, Mike thinks he's solid and playing some games.

Will be interesting.

I also can't fault his parents for wanting him in the best situation possible, sound like Keith wants to be here.

When I was his age I never did what my parents wanted I always did what I thought was best for me..
Then again my parents kicked me out the house when I was 18, mom told me it was time to be a man..
I am not a fan of kids who play games, that immaturity will carry over on the field sometimes..

Advertisement
I have to wonder if Keith Brown is seeing the same reality that I and many other Canes fans see. He is the 3rd best linebacker committed in this class. The two that I see as more capable of being day 1 contributors (Holliett & Kirby) are solidly committed. If you look at who Keith Brown is considering, they are teams that might be considered a step down from UM's historical place. He might say its probation related and make no mistake, THAT IS A VERY VALID REASON TO DECOMMIT, but I suspect he's showing some concern over immediate playing time.

SF,

How can you say Brown is the 3rd best linebacker committed to this point? I remember a lot of folks saying that Kinard, Johnson, and Paul were more ready to play than Denzel. The truth is you never know until they step on campus. DJ Williams or John Vilma? Anyone?

SF,

Pretty sure he has offers from multiple SEC schools along with FSU. If he's keeping his options open and visiting lesser schools, it could be to help other kids on the team get more D1 looks. No inside info.....just speculating. He seemed like the MOST solid recruit early on (recruiting alot for us), and Bakas seems pretty cofident in the face of Brown's recent public statements.

Also, Dwayne Hoilett will be coming in as a DE. I live in Vero and have seen him play several times. Smart kid who should have a great football IQ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO Brown may be the best LB in the class. It would suck to lose him. I understand his parents' view however.

what alot of you dont understand is that he is supposed to come in here and play Mike. our other LBs in this class are OLB's all the way.

Advertisement
Of course, all of this might just be a ploy by Brown to get some of his lesser known teammates exposure to some BCS programs. Why else would Brown be visiting Illinois?

Advertisement
Back