kehoe/Stoutland

PalyCane

Sophomore
Premium
Last year, Alabama rushed for an average of 182.9 ypg (29th nationally) and UM (with Stoutland as OL coach) rushed for and average of 182.4 ypg (30th nationally).

This season, Alabama (with Stoutland as OL coach) improved its average by 40 yards to 220 ypg (15th nationally) and UM (with Kehoe as OL coach) declined by 40 yards to 145 ypg (74th nationally).

That is all.

Advertisement
In fairness to kehoe, and you know I think he shouldn't have been brought back, Bama's indentity was running the ball. Our identity was more on our passing game w/Harris. I'd have to go look at the stats to see what the ratio was for each team.

In fairness to kehoe, and you know I think he shouldn't have been brought back, Bama's indentity was running the ball. Our identity was more on our passing game w/Harris. I'd have to go look at the stats to see what the ratio was for each team.

Our identity was passing the ball because our running game wasn't effective. We tried being a run first team early in the season and we just couldn't get it done consistently.

Yards per carry reflect the same trend. Alabama got better with Stoutland. We got worse with Kehoe.

2010:
Alabama-5.09 ypc
UM-4.80 ypc

2011:
Alabama-5.58 ypc
UM-4.39 ypc

Advertisement
Not sure the stats alone completely justify the point of the thread, but the point of the thread is valid. Stoutland is a better OL coach than Kehoe, IMO.

Saban could've had Kehoe. He chose Stoutland. If Saban's buying I'm buying and if he's selling I'm selling.

Our identity was passing the ball because our running game wasn't effective. We tried being a run first team early in the season and we just couldn't get it done consistently.

Agreed, at the same time I don't think we ever had or tried to have the identity of a power running game. Bama on the other hand.

Yards per carry reflect the same trend. Alabama got better with Stoutland. We got worse with Kehoe.

2010:
Alabama-5.09 ypc
UM-4.80 ypc

2011:
Alabama-5.58 ypc
UM-4.39 ypc

Ouch. I was going more for run v pass ratio. I'll look it up.

Advertisement
Don't forget that Golden had retained Stoutland, but he left to Bama, which necessitated Golden hiring Kehoe. So, uhm, yeah, Stoutland > Kehoe.

That being said, Kehoe would have looked a lot better with Trent Richardson running behind our OL ...

well AG wanted to keep stoutland, but I believe I recall some rumblings about stoutland being involved with the Shapiro mess. makes sense that he left I guess

Last year, Alabama rushed for an average of 182.9 ypg (29th nationally) and UM (with Stoutland as OL coach) rushed for and average of 182.4 ypg (30th nationally).

This season, Alabama (with Stoutland as OL coach) improved its average by 40 yards to 220 ypg (15th nationally) and UM (with Kehoe as OL coach) declined by 40 yards to 145 ypg (74th nationally).

That is all.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Advertisement
Not saying that Kehoe doesn't need to go, but our fans are just hilarious.

Everyone on here loves Stoutland now, but weren't crazy about him when he was here.

But he's not, so walk into Hecht and do an #OccupyHecht and protest until Golden fires Kehoe.

Could make for great comedy moments on youtube and you'll be famous with your 2 friends in tow......

Advertisement

This season, Alabama (with Stoutland as OL coach) improved its average by 40 yards to 220 ypg (15th nationally) and UM (with Kehoe as OL coach) declined by 40 yards to 145 ypg (74th nationally).]

That is all.

trent richardson??? Yards. After. Contact.

Not saying that Kehoe doesn't need to go, but our fans are just hilarious.

Everyone on here loves Stoutland now, but weren't crazy about him when he was here.

Truer words have never been typed. Same goes for Curtis Johnson. Now that he's being looked at for a HC position, everyone is up in arms that we "let him go", but when he was here, he was the most useless WR coach we've ever had and he was only good because Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, and Reggie Wayne made him look good.

We literally have the WOAT fanbase in the country.

WAY too many other variables involved in rushing ypg

Accomplishing nothing with this thread.

Agreed. Way too many other things come into play with rushing stats to judge an O-line coach by that. Like everyone else, not disagreeing that Stoutland is better than Kehoe, but your "evidence" should not be based on those stats.

Jacory probably had the biggest increase in QB rating out of anyone in the country since last season (just my guess, too lazy to look it up, but I'm sure it's close). Does that mean Jedd Fisch is the best QB coach in all the land? Hardly.

Advertisement
Back