Keep Building.

Advertisement
true Jarren held the ball too long. anyone at the game it was very obvious because when he would roll out of the pocket he had receivers wide open down the field. JT4 had broken away several times. Jarren just wasn't looking that far down the field. on tv it was probably hard to see. one play, I don't remember exactly the time, he had Tate wide open in the end zone.

Definitely! He’s going to get better as the experience comes though. I will Say after the 2 late turnovers I was a little disappointed in the sequence of plays there honestly.

Horrible play calls but also we consistently play with a margin of error that is razor thin.

For me I wish he would of used Carter to blitz instead of using Hall keep. He is your security blanket not blitzer that's Carter's thing.

Advertisement
I'm not a quarterback coach, but even I could tell that JW was holding the ball too long on several sacks.

This is not to pile on him, because I think from what I saw Saturday he’s our answer. And I saw some great things from him.

A redshirt freshman starting his first college game in a huge and intimidating atmosphere, I thought he did relatively well. But holding the ball that long is a killer. And I’m sure it’s something that will improve as he grows more into his role and becomes more comfortable with his reads.
Agree, he was absolutely holding onto the ball for too long.

He's safe with the ball & doesn't want to turn the ball over, but because of that he's too safe & won't let it go unless his man is completely open.

He needs to speed up his processing & come off his first read quicker, but there were some things he did well.

Also when he scrambles he needs to be more decisive, he dances around too much looking for a last minute throw but that allows pass rushers time to catch up to him, he needs to decide that when he's gonna tuck & run to just tuck & run.

Last edited:
I thought the non-calls hurt more, uf should’ve had at least 5 late hits, at least 10 more holding, 2 more off sides and there was PI on **** near every pass. Amazing how the flag is halfway out of the refs pocket before we even snap, can’t find it for them though.
TOTS (Tired Of This ****)
Yup, forgot to mention it but yeah that missed false start for UF on a 4th down play was a major help to them.

The refs fcked us a lot, I'm not blaming them for us losing but they no doubt fcked us every chance they could.

Advertisement
I just don't see how we can ever be back with the way the crooked ncaa rigs ever game we play via the zebras.

We'll have to get back to the point where we field a super team ala 2001 where we break off 3 60 yard plays in a row.. They can't call a flag on 3 of those in a row for obvious reasons.

This is ridiculous and I wonder how many of these @sshole zebras are gonna burn in **** one day for this crooked sh*t. Was it ever this bad back in the 80's and 90s?

I just don't see how we can ever be back with the way the crooked ncaa rigs ever game we play via the zebras.

We'll have to get back to the point where we field a super team ala 2001 where we break off 3 60 yard plays in a row.. They can't call a flag on 3 of those in a row for obvious reasons.

This is ridiculous and I wonder how many of these @sshole zebras are gonna burn in **** one day for this crooked sh*t. Was it ever this bad back in the 80's and 90s?
And it’s Not just simple plays these are game changing plays they are nullifying for Miami or allowing for other teams. How does Mallory get called for holding on the fake kick but this isn’t? How is this not getting called on uf? But what about when franks threw that 65 yard pass how did they not calling holding on the right tackling blocking patchan? It was terrible man

Advertisement
Yup, forgot to mention it but yeah that missed false start for UF on a 4th down play was a major help to them.

The refs fcked us a lot, I'm not blaming them for us losing but they no doubt fcked us every chance they could.
I blame them, it infuriates me to no end. I try to explain it to my non-Miami friends how they always get ****ed but they don't believe me and the media never mentions anything so why would they. There's definitely some underlying anti-swagism or whatever you want to call it and it truly costs the team games....just like Saturday. Granted they sucked for UF too but it wasn't even close to even.

I blame them, it infuriates me to no end. I try to explain it to my non-Miami friends how they always get ****ed but they don't believe me and the media never mentions anything so why would they. There's definitely some underlying anti-swagism or whatever you want to call it and it truly costs the team games....just like Saturday. Granted they sucked for UF too but it wasn't even close to even.

I don’ play the blame the ref game , there’s missed calls everywhere. If we don’t play like dumbasses we win.

Advertisement
He got his head around & as a CB you're allowed to engage with the WR you just can't hold him or impede his ability to make a play on the ball.

The ball for one wasn't even catchable & he played the WR exactly the way a CB coach would teach you, he jammed stayed in perfect stride with Grimes, got in his hip pocket, forced him to the boundary not letting him get a good release off the line, read the play & got his head around on a ball that was well over thrown.

Even Herbstreit & Fowler thought it was a bad call.
Saw all that, but imo they called it earlier than that. 10-15 yards before where they ended up when the ball was coming down, Al wasn't even looking anywhere near the QB. Back completely turned. Whatever though, there's a hundred other calls to dispute or we get screwed on **** near every game.

Agree, he was absolutely holding onto the ball for too long.

He's safe with the ball & doesn't want to turn the ball over, but because of that he's too safe & won't let it go unless his man is completely open.

He needs to speed up his processing & come off his first read quicker, but there were some things he did well.

Also when he scrambles he needs to be more decisive, he dances around too much looking for a last minute throw but that allows pass rushers time to catch up to him, he needs to decide that when he's gonna tuck & run to just tuck & run.

I could not have absolutely said it any better and I also know, or I’m pretty sure that you saw, a real strong building block with him, though.

all you and anyone has to do is say that offensive lines went 492 plays against our d line, or w/e the fck it was that one season, without getting a single holding call called.

I told that to a young florida fan and it quickly clicked for him in a "....uh... ok that's just beyond ridiculous"

And forgot to put in the OP Bandy was absolutely great in coverage.

He had 2 very good tackles, he got to Toney on his reverse play & made a very good tackle on a 3rd down that dislodged the ball from back forcing an incomplete pass.

Bandy & Alphonso Jr are going to be a Lockdown tandem throughout the year.

Advertisement
Back