KC Mcdermott

Brous8988

Redshirt Freshman
http://youtu.be/lM6WCg81gZM

I like DK alot but it not the end of the world that he wont be here. And after watching the way mcdermott dominates and is getting hyped up I feel better knowing this kid is really high on us. There is alot of talented 2014 lineman just in state next year

Advertisement
Kirkland was very unlikely to ever get an extended look at Tackle here. By the way, we still need a Guard (at least) for 2014. Gall better be legitimate or some unknown better step up and be able to backup at Guard. The last thing you want is to depend on True Frosh to play enormous minutes on either line.

He's 3 times the prospect that Kirkland is and won't play a day of games. When he knows what he wants to do, it'll be over.

Advertisement
yea his little brother and i like that corey martinez kid as a guard with trevor darling in 2014

Kirkland was very unlikely to ever get an extended look at Tackle here. By the way, we still need a Guard (at least) for 2014. Gall better be legitimate or some unknown better step up and be able to backup at Guard. The last thing you want is to depend on True Frosh to play enormous minutes on either line.

Early word on Isadora has been very positive. I'd be shocked if Gall wasn't a multi year starter here but obviously that's zip to hang your hat on. I agree though we need a Felciano type of overachiever out of the group.

Go look at Gall's tape.

Advertisement
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, but here are our Guards for 2014:

Feliciano (should stay and be a superstar)
Isadora (I have big hopes)
Gall (????)
Hunter Wells (????)
Malcolm Bunche MAYBE gets moved inside if someone else can provide to be a legitimate enough Tackle????

At the same time, here are our projected Tackles:

Erek Flowers
Malcolm Bunche (maybe gets moved inside?)
Taylor Gadbois
Sunny Odogwu
Hunter Knighton (does he play DT here?)
KC Mcdermott (True Frosh)
Trevor Darling (True Frosh and maybe moved inside)

We'll pull in at least 5 OL next year, but it should have been better spread out between next year and this year.

Go look at Gall's tape.

Also keep in mind he is a very high 3 star recruit and OG is a really deep position apparently this year. There are quite a few 4 and 5 star guys and Gall is right there in the mix. 3 star is a huge huge pool of guys.

Lu, strong talk about Knighton at guard. He said that was something they would figure out when he gets on campus.

Advertisement
Im not certain if Gall will have immediate impact (mainly cause thats hard for offensive lineman coming straight out of high school) but that kid is gonna be one our better lineman by his second or third year

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, but here are our Guards for 2014:

Feliciano (should stay and be a superstar)
Isadora (I have big hopes)
Gall (????)
Hunter Wells (????)
Malcolm Bunche MAYBE gets moved inside if someone else can provide to be a legitimate enough Tackle????

At the same time, here are our projected Tackles:

Erek Flowers
Malcolm Bunche (maybe gets moved inside?)
Taylor Gadbois
Sunny Odogwu
Hunter Knighton (does he play DT here?)
KC Mcdermott (True Frosh)
Trevor Darling (True Frosh and maybe moved inside)

We'll pull in at least 5 OL next year, but it should have been better spread out between next year and this year.

Knowing Golden I wouldn't be surprised to see a last minute LOI sent out to somebody that's not even on the radar at the moment.

EDIT: sorry I see you included Knighton but I think the consensus is that he's a guard.

Advertisement
Im not certain if Gall will have immediate impact (mainly cause thats hard for offensive lineman coming straight out of high school) but that kid is gonna be one our better lineman by his second or third year

Nice he gets to sit in behind two of the best in the conference as well.

Go look at Gall's tape.

I've seen it. I've seen plenty of OL HS and JuCo tapes that don't translate. Until I see an OL on campus and then under the college lights, it's the biggest crapshoot position to project. You shouldn't have to desperately rely on one 2nd year player to be your swing guard. If anything, there should be at least 2-3 guys vying for that spot, with one guy (ideally an upperclassman) winning out.

Gall is a nasty and mean mutha. He is exactly the type of OL I expected Stout to bring in when he was here. I think he could play OG or even replace Shane at C when he leaves.

Advertisement
Back