KC Mcdermott

Kirkland was very unlikely to ever get an extended look at Tackle here. By the way, we still need a Guard (at least) for 2014. Gall better be legitimate or some unknown better step up and be able to backup at Guard. The last thing you want is to depend on True Frosh to play enormous minutes on either line.

Go look at Gall's tape.

I've seen it. I've seen plenty of OL HS and JuCo tapes that don't translate. Until I see an OL on campus and then under the college lights, it's the biggest crapshoot position to project. You shouldn't have to desperately rely on one 2nd year player to be your swing guard. If anything, there should be at least 2-3 guys vying for that spot, with one guy (ideally an upperclassman) winning out.

What are your thoughts on Kehoe as it relates to development

Advertisement
Lu, strong talk about Knighton at guard. He said that was something they would figure out when he gets on campus.

We shall see, then. Either he or Gadbois or someone would need to get a look inside regardless. Unless, of course, Bunche gets moved inside like I mentioned. You need a couple guys vying for that swing Guard spot.

He's 3 times the prospect that Kirkland is and won't play a day of games. When he knows what he wants to do, it'll be over.

It's over already lol... He'll announce after the Spring game. His coach asked him to hold off till after the spring game so they could get more coaches in to look at the other recruits

Kirkland was very unlikely to ever get an extended look at Tackle here. By the way, we still need a Guard (at least) for 2014. Gall better be legitimate or some unknown better step up and be able to backup at Guard. The last thing you want is to depend on True Frosh to play enormous minutes on either line.

Go look at Gall's tape.

I've seen it. I've seen plenty of OL HS and JuCo tapes that don't translate. Until I see an OL on campus and then under the college lights, it's the biggest crapshoot position to project. You shouldn't have to desperately rely on one 2nd year player to be your swing guard. If anything, there should be at least 2-3 guys vying for that spot, with one guy (ideally an upperclassman) winning out.

I trust him about 100x more (especially with Golden and Mario on staff) developing guys than I do picking them.

Golden has said multiple times that Danny Isidora is going to be realll good. I think he's a guard 6'4 312, and they said he was ballin on the practice squad.

Advertisement

Go look at Gall's tape.

I trust him about 100x more (especially with Golden and Mario on staff) developing guys than I do picking them.

You think we'd move some of those guys who would usually be considered tackles to guard, when considering our run scheme?

Go look at Gall's tape.

You think we'd move some of those guys who would usually be considered tackles to guard, when considering our run scheme?

Don't know what our run scheme will look like going forward.

I've got Feliciano and Isadora as our likely starters in 2014. If Gall can step in at that 3rd spot, fantastic.

I've got Feliciano and Isadora as our likely starters in 2014. If Gall can step in at that 3rd spot, fantastic.

Does Flowers start next year or just backs up LT and RT?

True...we don't know what the **** Coley is gonna run. Hope he has an old school power style. Powers, Leads, and Counters

Advertisement

No way Flowers doesn't start next year. Prolly at LT if Henderson still isn't comfortable kicking off his left side.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't start. Question will be whether Hendo is ready to play LT or needs to stay at RT because of his back.

Edit: didn't see the post above. Agreed.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, but here are our Guards for 2014:

Feliciano (should stay and be a superstar)
Isadora (I have big hopes)
Gall (????)
Hunter Wells (????)

Malcolm Bunche MAYBE gets moved inside if someone else can provide to be a legitimate enough Tackle????

At the same time, here are our projected Tackles:

Erek Flowers
Malcolm Bunche (maybe gets moved inside?)
Taylor Gadbois
Sunny Odogwu
Hunter Knighton (does he play DT here?)
KC Mcdermott (True Frosh)
Trevor Darling (True Frosh and maybe moved inside)

We'll pull in at least 5 OL next year, but it should have been better spread out between next year and this year.

Malcolm bunch will stay at tackle. He is too big to put at guard, and I have great expectations for sunny odogwu, just got a feeling about him

Advertisement
Back