Kayaa- Top 5 ACC QB of 2015

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-5-ACC-Quarterbacks-for-2015-37366039

4. Brad Kaaya | Soph. | 6-4 | 209 | Miami

High School (2014): West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade
247Sports Composite: Four-Star (0.9356), No. 7 Pro-Style QB

Kaaya is one of two players on this list who outperformed expectations last season as a true freshman. He won the starting job in fall camp and never relinquished it, showing continuous improvement throughout the year. In 13 games, he completed 58.5 percent of his passes for 3,198 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Of the 11 ACC quarterbacks with at least 9 starts and 15 pass attempts per game, Kaaya led the conference in both yards per attempt (8.5) and pass efficiency (145.9). Given his age, Kaaya’s development is nowhere near complete and he’ll look to take another step forward in 2015. Unfortunately, he’ll have to do so without the services of many of his favorite targets from last season, including receiver Phillip Dorsett, tight end Clive Walford and even running back Duke Johnson, the school’s all-time leading rusher. With Johnson gone, Kaaya is now the centerpiece of the Miami offense, so the team’s success – and possibly head coach Al Golden’s job – will be largely dependent on Kaaya’s level of play.

Below him at 5 is UNC Marquise Williams

In front of Kayaa

3. GT Justin Thomas Runs GT offense flawlessly
2. Everett Golson LOL
1. Deshaun Watson

this is a really weak year for ACC QB play

Advertisement
He'll be the best actual QB in the entire ACC. How he looks might be another thing altogether.

Deshaun Watson didn't even play a full year and that includes their bowl game. He's really number one? Everett Golson hasn't even been named the starter of his new team. Joke. I can live with Justin Thomas in the top 3, but not necessarily ahead of Kaaya. He's a point guard playing QB--kid is a stud. The author of that article has lost significant credibility IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love rankings like this. Deshaun Watson played in about 2-3 games last year and is one? Kayaa wins ACC Rookie of the year and Winston is out- he should be ranked number one. Sure, Watson might be more talented- awesome. He hasn't played much. Don't just put him number 1. Golson? Really? Man anyone in an FSU uni will be ranked high. Justin Thomas isn't a QB- he is an offense runner. That's great but we are ranking QB's. This list is offensive.

Advertisement
Is there a QB ahead of Kaaya there that you'd rather have right now? I wonder if Jimbo ,under the influence of sodium pentothal, would admit that we have the better QB this season?

That's about right... Considering the weapons he had last year, I don't think he is one... I think between 3 and 4 is right... I don't care what anyone says Clemson was a different team when Watson played... He was a beast... Thomas is ranked higher because he is the best qb for GT since Nesbit... That offense ran smooth last year... I think Golson gets the edge because he's experienced and practically led ND to the BCS game... If anyone think he's going to ride the bench they are mistaken... The kid is better than any qb on FSU roster... Number 4 isn't bad considering the youth of Kaaya and the players such as Williams and Brisset he's ahead of... We also have to be honest... Kaaya showed some tremendous skills but he benefited from having the fastest wideout in the ACC, Duke and Walford... No one else had talent like that in the conference with maybe the exception of Winston. He also had a veteran line which we haven't really had since maybe 04... Last year was probably the best offense since 04 talent wise... I think we will see a regression but nothing too horrible... I just think the few players rated above him worked with less talent last year... Once again 4 isn't bad for a true freshman when the majority of guys are 4th and 5th year players.

Advertisement
That's about right... Considering the weapons he had last year, I don't think he is one... I think between 3 and 4 is right... I don't care what anyone says Clemson was a different team when Watson played... He was a beast... Thomas is ranked higher because he is the best qb for GT since Nesbit... That offense ran smooth last year... I think Golson gets the edge because he's experienced and practically led ND to the BCS game... If anyone think he's going to ride the bench they are mistaken... The kid is better than any qb on FSU roster... Number 4 isn't bad considering the youth of Kaaya and the players such as Williams and Brisset he's ahead of... We also have to be honest... Kaaya showed some tremendous skills but he benefited from having the fastest wideout in the ACC, Duke and Walford... No one else had talent like that in the conference with maybe the exception of Winston. He also had a veteran line which we haven't really had since maybe 04... Last year was probably the best offense since 04 talent wise... I think we will see a regression but nothing too horrible... I just think the few players rated above him worked with less talent last year... Once again 4 isn't bad for a true freshman when the majority of guys are 4th and 5th year players.

I agree, though that ND defense led them to that title game

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-5-ACC-Quarterbacks-for-2015-37366039

4. Brad Kaaya | Soph. | 6-4 | 209 | Miami

High School (2014): West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade
247Sports Composite: Four-Star (0.9356), No. 7 Pro-Style QB

Kaaya is one of two players on this list who outperformed expectations last season as a true freshman. He won the starting job in fall camp and never relinquished it, showing continuous improvement throughout the year. In 13 games, he completed 58.5 percent of his passes for 3,198 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Of the 11 ACC quarterbacks with at least 9 starts and 15 pass attempts per game, Kaaya led the conference in both yards per attempt (8.5) and pass efficiency (145.9). Given his age, Kaaya’s development is nowhere near complete and he’ll look to take another step forward in 2015. Unfortunately, he’ll have to do so without the services of many of his favorite targets from last season, including receiver Phillip Dorsett, tight end Clive Walford and even running back Duke Johnson, the school’s all-time leading rusher. With Johnson gone, Kaaya is now the centerpiece of the Miami offense, so the team’s success – and possibly head coach Al Golden’s job – will be largely dependent on Kaaya’s level of play.

Below him at 5 is UNC Marquise Williams

In front of Kayaa

3. GT Justin Thomas Runs GT offense flawlessly
2. Everett Golson LOL
1. Deshaun Watson

this is a really weak year for ACC QB play

Kaaya, baring injury, ends up 1st round pick. Not so much the others. Injuries are rapidly putting an end to dual threat QBs in NFL. Soon only ones that have shown they can be like the Wilson will be getting picked. RG III has ended the market for guys who "have" to run to make their passing game work.

Advertisement
Back