Katie Meier: Coach or Corch?

Advertisement
Considering that Miami had been complete garbage for most of their history(With the good Frances Savage years thrown in as an exception to the rule), the consistency in getting Miami to the tournament, despite not having the support nor budget of most of the elite schools in the ACC is why people love her. She's loyal to Miami, and has turned down elite jobs to stay here. Her sub .500 conference record is colored by her early years at Miami, in which she dealt with a complete lack of talent(Labati was beyond awful in her final years at Miami), she hasn't had a losing conference record since 2009, and that's in one of the better conferences in the country. The lack of a Sweet 16 appearance hurts, she most likely would have had one in 2011 had R. Williams not gotten sent home from the tournament for a disciplinary matter(That was by far her best team, Miami was ranked in the top 5 for a significant part of the season) Frankly, she should have had one last year, but Quinnipiac pulled off a huge upset.

Then again, you made it clear that you don't watch women's college basketball, so I'm not shocked you wouldn't know any of this.

Fair enough (aside from your needless reiteration of the point that I don't watch women's hoops) but just a couple of questions:

A) What "elite" jobs are there in women's hoops and which ones was she offered? Hasn't a large segment of this thread been about there being TWO elite programs in the sport and then everyone else?

B) We're what? 13+ years into her tenure here? At what point do you personally stop giving passes because she built the program to somewhat respectable status and has been "loyal". I mean is it 20 years in before you say that getting to field of 32 occasionally but never past it doesn't guarantee you a lifetime job?

The USWNT doesn't routinely get stomped by teenage boys. I think this is what you are referring to.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

That wasn't the first time this happened. The fact that it happened AT ALL is a joke. Grown women, arguably the finest assemblage of talent in the world in their sport got destroyed by teenagers. A 5-2 line in soccer is pretty bad, especially when you look at the fact that this is supposed to be the best women's team in the world, or at least one of the top 3.

Advertisement
Back