Kamren Kinchens announcing commitment TO MIAMUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I remember going to the 2012 Orange Bowl and watching WVU put up 70 points on Dabo's Clemson team. Dabo had no answers, and his squad was humiliated. Geno Smith basically did whatever he want with Clemson's D, and Holgorsen (the prick that he is), ran up the score. The year before, Dabo went 6-7, in Dabo's second full season. Dabo knew what he needed to do, and overhauled his entire defensive staff, pulling Venables from Oklahoma. Point is, coaches can't be stubborn and need to be willing to make moves when needed.

Advertisement
I remember going to the 2012 Orange Bowl and watching WVU put up 70 points on Dabo's Clemson team. Dabo had no answers, and his squad was humiliated. Geno Smith basically did whatever he want with Clemson's D, and Holgorsen (the prick that he is), ran up the score. The year before, Dabo went 6-7, in Dabo's second full season. Dabo knew what he needed to do, and overhauled his entire defensive staff, pulling Venables from Oklahoma. Point is, coaches can't be stubborn and need to be willing to make moves when needed.
Yep. Dabo didn't look like such a genius early. In fact, he's another guy who would have been fired had social media been as insane back then in the Tom from MySpace days as it is now.

So if thats true. How does he start landing 5* talent after getting his doors blown off? It wasn’t just hiring Venables? He’s on the Defensive side. They started getting BIG TIME OFFENSIVE PROSPECTS. Then the D picked up. What did he tell the recruits to make them believe, because AG was fired after 58-0? A team puts 70 on U in a BOWL GAME on national TV. They still let you keep your job.

So if thats true. How does he start landing 5* talent after getting his doors blown off? It wasn’t just hiring Venables? He’s on the Defensive side. They started getting BIG TIME OFFENSIVE PROSPECTS. Then the D picked up. What did he tell the recruits to make them believe, because AG was fired after 58-0? A team puts 70 on U in a BOWL GAME on national TV. They still let you keep your job.

You tell people "those losers are graduating and I've got 25 ICs to give." Exactly what Manny did, and what the Gaytor fans can't figure out.

Build something yourself. Immediate opportunity for playing time. Possibility of even starting early because the defense blew a fat ball sack.

Advertisement
You also have to remember that Dabo comes from the Bama way of doing things. You better believe it was put into overdrive after that loss.

Absolutely. Too many people think that one year will repeat itself over and over again, that improvement is not possible.

I just think it's funny that Gaytor fans can't fathom that, hey, maybe Mullet is a bad recruiter who got lucky with a lot of McSharkfvcker's players and transfers, and that maybe Manny is a good recruiter who had some problematic players that needed to cycle out. Instead, they think that recruits should base everything on "on-field results" or "SEC-SEC-SEC".

At what point in Dabo's career was he considered proven? Year 4?
He always got studs though every class either 2-3 like super high rated guys. I would say better players then we normally take in around those times. I'm just saying as a DB would u go to UGA or UM with Manny and Rumph? Just saying that's the optics thing it's just the truth man I hate to say it.
I'm not going to trust a eval until we start getting G15 types regularly.....guys that are truly under the radar and productive in college being talked about as a first rounder. I'm not sure that was Diaz maybe coach Kul......but I would love to see our under rated guys become what Greg has become.

Last edited:
He always got studs though every class either 2-3 like super high rated guys. I would say better players then we normally take in around those times. I'm just saying as a DB would u go to UGA or UM with Manny and Rumph? Just saying that's the optics thing it's just the truth man I hate to say it.
I'm not going to trust a eval until we start getting G15 types regularly.....guys that are truly under the radar and productive in college being talked about as a first rounder. I'm not sure that was Diaz maybe coach Kul......but I would love to see our under rated guys become what Greg has become.

Coach Kul recruiting? LMFAO

Ivins: "You don’t see that kind of move frequently, but I think Miami did a really good job selling him on that. From what I was told, (Craig Kuligowski) who was coaching Miami’s defensive line at the time, he wasn’t really a fan of Greg Rousseau. This was Manny Diaz and (now) co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda. They saw that length and said, ‘We gotta take this guy.’

It continues...

"Greg was working out as safety and wide receiver and yeah, he definitely had some length but he wasn’t as fast like these other wide receivers. Not quick, not going to make you miss, just kind of a jump-ball target."

Diaz found and recruited one of the best players in college football. Not only that, be was able to see Rosseau as a DE (and convince him to play DE) when no one else did. It might pain people to admit this, but Diaz is actually a pretty good talent evaluator. Rosseau was a 3 star who is a lock to be a top 5 pick. Dabo didn't manage to have a top 5 pick until Sammy Watkins in 2014. That's even going back to the time that he was a WR coach- the highest rated offensive player he had until Sammy Watkins was CJ Spiller in 2009 (9th overall pick). Watkins was also a composite 5 star and one of the higher rated WRs ever coming out of HS, so there wasn't much "talent identifying" that needed to be done there (BTW, Spiller was also a composite 5 star, so again, it doesn't take much of a talent evaluator to project those guys as 1st rounders).

Finding "under the radar" guys and turning them into top 5 picks?
Edge: Manny Diaz (by a country mile)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’ll say it over and over. No Watson and they don’t even get to the acccg. And if they did, fedora cleans the floor with them. Watson threw for 289 and ran for 131. Unc dropped 37 points on that defense. They had more talent on the team when KB Was there and couldn’t do sht with it but Dabo is some guru.

Ivins: "You don’t see that kind of move frequently, but I think Miami did a really good job selling him on that. From what I was told, (Craig Kuligowski) who was coaching Miami’s defensive line at the time, he wasn’t really a fan of Greg Rousseau. This was Manny Diaz and (now) co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda. They saw that length and said, ‘We gotta take this guy.’

It continues...

"Greg was working out as safety and wide receiver and yeah, he definitely had some length but he wasn’t as fast like these other wide receivers. Not quick, not going to make you miss, just kind of a jump-ball target."

Diaz found and recruited one of the best players in college football. Not only that, be was able to see Rosseau as a DE (and convince him to play DE) when no one else did. It might pain people to admit this, but Diaz is actually a pretty good talent evaluator. Rosseau was a 3 star who is a lock to be a top 5 pick. Dabo didn't manage to have a top 5 pick until Sammy Watkins in 2014. That's even going back to the time that he was a WR coach- the highest rated offensive player he had until Sammy Watkins was CJ Spiller in 2009 (9th overall pick). Watkins was also a composite 5 star and one of the higher rated WRs ever coming out of HS, so there wasn't much "talent identifying" that needed to be done there (BTW, Spiller was also a composite 5 star, so again, it doesn't take much of a talent evaluator to project those guys as 1st rounders).

Attachments

• 1512225665_tumblr_ogyuziGlqU1ry1rm7o2_400.gif
    1512225665_tumblr_ogyuziGlqU1ry1rm7o2_400.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 5

GR15 was a guy who was underrated/undervalued and wasnt even playing his own position. that was a true find and took some evaluation skill to put him on the line when he was playing other spots in HS

Absolutely. Too many people think that one year will repeat itself over and over again, that improvement is not possible.

I just think it's funny that Gaytor fans can't fathom that, hey, maybe Mullet is a bad recruiter who got lucky with a lot of McSharkfvcker's players and transfers, and that maybe Manny is a good recruiter who had some problematic players that needed to cycle out. Instead, they think that recruits should base everything on "on-field results" or "SEC-SEC-SEC".

mullet is a good coach but hes not built to be a recruiter nor will he ever get UF to the elite level they want to be at due to his recruiting. Manny isnt the coach Mullet is (still time to improve since there is a gap in experience as a HC) but he can def recruit and is flexible in his approach as to making changes on either side (him stepping in a bit when it was clear the D wasnt the same) and getting rid of his own hand picked O staff when he realize it just wasnt going to work. idk if manny will become a good coach as an HC, but i do know **** do whatever he can to try to get there (similar to Dabo except i think Manny is a better Xs and Os guy than Dabo is)

Advertisement

Per ivins, “you know without dvd my son isn’t going to Miami”. He’s saying that to say how great of a personal connection they have with dvd

Dvd putting in work on all of these recruiting wins. It’s not just banda, rumph or anyother coach when we do land a kid who should get credit

Last edited:
Advertisement

It continues...

This is true... GR was Diaz guy from the jump. All he would say was it’s Manny Lawson 2.0.. Diaz was with Lawson at NC State

It continues...

Stop it Manny can't recruit and can't see talent if it hit him in the nuts

Last edited:

It continues...

then it was Banda cause Diaz dont recruit lol.........nah ok he found one stud (we all knew he was a stud) now lets see if he can get him into that first round.

GR15 was a guy who was underrated/undervalued and wasnt even playing his own position. that was a true find and took some evaluation skill to put him on the line when he was playing other spots in HS
dude was a baller period I cant believe the SEC didnt spot him, I think they didnt like the explosiveness. It had to be that cause he had legit size and range man.

Advertisement
Back