Kamalu, Gilbert, and Renfrow All Cleared

Renfrow and Kamalu

Wait....wut?

157.jpg

Advertisement
redshirting a Juco kinda defeats the purpose does it not?

Not necessarily. It depends on how a player develops and whether or not the staff feels a player can contribute right away... In Kamalu's case, his body type is better suited to play Strong-side DE. If the staff plans for him to play DT, IMHO, he might need to RS.

Hopefully Kamalu develops similarly to Olsen Pierre.

Exactly. Jelani behind Luther. We just need someone to quickly slide into the plug role. Valentine is only going to be a Frosh, so it's JuCo time.

Isn't Stuckey a pretty big kid?

I agree though, think we need 2 JUCO DTs this cycle.

I agree with Lu. With the departure of Porter and Robinson, we need Kamalu and Hamilton to transition into DT's, which seems very plausible. Stuckey, last I checked is weighing around 310 and if he EE's then he can probably be near 320 (Porter's size). In a 4-3 that would qualify as a "plug," I don't know about a 3-4.

Stuckey needs to be here in January. I don't know if that's the plan, but it's very important. I wish someone like Valentine would be here in January also, but that's unlikely as he's just working to qualify. Hamilton needs to continue to eat whatever the **** he's eating. Kamalu looks enormous. I just haven't seen him yet so I won't say much about him.

I believe Stuckey is scheduled to get here in January.

Also wish Hamilton would have gotten a RS last year and just worked on rehab and his body. Either way the clips we have seen are a huge improvement from last year and that has me excited.

I'm starting to get the crazy feeling that we might not be that bad up front if we can stay healthy. Maybe its just the hype of camp.

Advertisement
redshirting a Juco kinda defeats the purpose does it not?

Not necessarily. It depends on how a player develops and whether or not the staff feels a player can contribute right away... In Kamalu's case, his body type is better suited to play Strong-side DE. If the staff plans for him to play DT, IMHO, he might need to RS.

Kamalu has 3 to play 3 so he can't RS (well he can but it would waste a year no matter what).

stuckey here in jan. along with mustafaa getting a year to practice and lift would be great. they both we be through off season workouts.

kamalu looks like he is ripped for a big guy.

Advertisement
UM may not have any Browns, Marylands, Sapps, Stubbs or McDougles, but I think they have a good solid unit, with some size, depth and experience. A huge upgrade from last season( I'd like to think)

Rome, was not built in a day. But what's been fortified upfront this off-season is pretty **** good.

UM may not have any Browns, Marylands, Sapps, Stubbs or McDougles, but I think they have a good solid unit, with some size, depth and experience. A huge upgrade from last season( I'd like to think)

Rome, was not built in a day. But what's been fortified upfront this off-season is pretty **** good.

Agree. Solidify, Win, Get Studs Up Front.

Renfrow is interesting. While I didn't know what his situation at UVA was about, but he came in as a DE. He was recruited to play basketball, too. Not to mention, he played a lot of TE in HS. Seems like a very athletic kid.

Advertisement
Btw, I was looking up some stuff on Renfrow and I found this. #75 is killing me (Renfrow is #45).

158.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back