Kam and JW are apparently leaving

Both kids will be high picks. First three rounds.

KK yes, JW no. Williams' tackling has improved dramatically. But he's still a man without a position. And he doesn't have quality film from a coverage perspective. Harvey was covering almost as well as he was... only half joking.

Advertisement
Scouts actually think it could be opposite. Have had multiple tell me they believe he might be a high 4.6-low4.7 guy which would hurt him big time

They need to either see him run well enough to put that to rest, or they need him to gain 15-20 pounds.
I believe those speed numbers are correct.

Ji **** Brown ran in the 4.6's last year and went 3rd round...and Chris Smith from UGA also went int he 5th.

None of them will be 6'4+ and over 215 like James though...if he hits low 4.6's dude can push his stock up a bit...he's a mid rounder regardless with scheme versatility, special teams play.

Pete Carroll still around?. Clint Hurtt still over there as DC?. I can see them being on him recreating Kam Chancellor.

Kam ran 4.69 at combine

I believe those speed numbers are correct.

Ji **** Brown ran in the 4.6's last year and went 3rd round...and Chris Smith from UGA also went int he 5th.

None of them will be 6'4+ and over 215 like James though...if he hits low 4.6's dude can push his stock up a bit...he's a mid rounder regardless with scheme versatility, special teams play.

Pete Carroll still around?. Clint Hurtt still over there as DC?. I can see them being on him recreating Kam Chancellor.

Kam ran 4.69 at combine
They would have a field day. He has their prototypical DB size (pause)

Next year will be a **** show. The Flying Mario's here can label it a rebuilding year just gotta wait until 2025.
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Scouts actually think it could be opposite. Have had multiple tell me they believe he might be a high 4.6-low4.7 guy which would hurt him big time

They need to either see him run well enough to put that to rest, or they need him to gain 15-20 pounds.
Combine will definitely be huge for him.

Advertisement

I figured he’d test better than that, but if he clocks a 4.7….yeesh. I think he’d plummet unless he bulks for the draft committing to LB.

Not making the OLB switch earlier could bite him in the ***.

Williams has one of the best coverage grades for a safety in college football. Teams value upside just as much as they do college film. James has the higher NFL ceiling then Kam.

He played well close to the line of scrimmage but I just saw him out of position deep in the secondary so many times. Depending on the defense ran he could be good in the system or absolutely terrible.

Advertisement
If he runs 4.65 as he looks on tape he won't go before day 3. I'd bet any amount on that.
He'll run 4.55ish imo. For no other reason than those combine training centers. Also the 40 is the most overrated thing in all of sports. Until they start running them in pads it will never matter.

Should have some nfl guys collecting plenty of checks from this team. Lee cohen James kam LT rivers all have the makings of serviceable nfl guys provided all those guys declare

He'll run 4.55ish imo. For no other reason than those combine training centers. Also the 40 is the most overrated thing in all of sports. Until they start running them in pads it will never matter.
4.55 would be a good time for him.

Advertisement
Was watching the Ravens game the other night and saw Kyle Hanilton and he kinda reminds me of JW. Hamilton is 6’4” and 220 and the Ravens move him around a lot.

If Williams knows that is his grade and still bounces, that is interesting.
The grades given are normally inflated to entice players into leaving. There is what the scouts actually think and what agents say. He may have gotten 2nd rd from an agent. Definitely think he has a high draft variance though so who knows.

Advertisement
Back