Kam’s Team Next Year

He’s all instinct and that’s a good thing that close to the LOS. That’s kind of a blessing and curse at safety where you have to be more patient in your reads before you react. He triggers at the first thing he sees and that’s a disaster in the secondary once film is out on you. I think Charlie strong can make a man out of him though
I’ve been saying this. Start him out in man situations at LB with simple reads closer to the LOS. Back out of the backfield stuff, back stays in you drop to a certain area or you blitz. Him playing in all that space in the backfield has made him have to trust eyes and then react and it’s just not clicking.

Advertisement
Kam got smoked on the 2nd TD (1:02 in 1st) and then jogs down the field even though the play was not over. Then Pitt wr keeps running for td. Sums up the season. Kam can talk all he wants but his his EFFORT on the field is suspect. You don’t stop full speed until the whistle blows.

Frustrating to be a fan of effort like that!
He has done that several times this year. If Kam is your leader you are in trouble.

Kam got smoked on the 2nd TD (1:02 in 1st) and then jogs down the field even though the play was not over. Then Pitt wr keeps running for td. Sums up the season. Kam can talk all he wants but his his EFFORT on the field is suspect. You don’t stop full speed until the whistle blows.

Frustrating to be a fan of effort like that!

Not saying Kam shouldn't speak up, but I agree, He looked just as lost in this **** sKeeM last night. Looking forward to deEz faNz throwing McClain under the bus when He looks just as lost in this **** skEeM next year, I can't wait!!!

Did Kam yell at himself for hanging his teammates out to dry consistantly this year, tackling like JW0 to much, and being a bad player?

Advertisement
He needs to lock 0 in a room with him and make him learn the game. I watched RYAN RAGONE (great kid) get in the game, recognize a formation in the red zone and turn and tell 0 “hey you need to cover there” and 0 waved him off. At the snap of the ball he completely ignored ryan and the play went directly where Ryan said it would. A 5 star player who can’t recognize anything like ryan Ragone. Let that sink in
Add in on the last Pitt touchdown where our two inside linebackers did not know the defensive call. Wes was right side, and Caleb was left side. It looked like Wes was in zone as he was pass off the Pitt receiver on the crosser. Caleb ran ride right into him. Williams immediately took himself out of the play and never saw the receiver crossing. Our defense in a microcosm.

He needs to lock 0 in a room with him and make him learn the game. I watched RYAN RAGONE (great kid) get in the game, recognize a formation in the red zone and turn and tell 0 “hey you need to cover there” and 0 waved him off. At the snap of the ball he completely ignored ryan and the play went directly where Ryan said it would. A 5 star player who can’t recognize anything like ryan Ragone. Let that sink in

Just when I thought my opinion of 0 couldn't be any lower...

I know you haven’t said this but for all those saying 0 needs to move to LB. You really think a guy like him who seems uncoachable will move positions 2 years in? If he’s not willing to listen to teammates do you really think he’s going to listen to coaches?

At this point, if he’s not willing to change I tell him Miami isn’t the place for you. I’d rather get players like these out of the program right away and get guys who aren’t 5 stars who play hard, play the game right and want to be coached.
No, the kid needs to move to the portal or get a huge attitude adjustment. He is either clueless or he is freelancing too much. If he cannot diagnosis a play from centerfield, then how the flip is he going to diagnosis a play in the box? His upper body strength is not great, and he does not tackle well. Last place you want to put him. If this class holds, we have real linebackers coming in.

I hate dumping on kids but seriously. The problem with some high school 5-stars they are so athletic they can get away with bad technique and taking themselves out of position and recover. At this level you only get exposed.

Advertisement
Welcome to 2022. It ain’t 1997 anymore.

Soft-*** generation. Not saying Mario won’t find some kids who want to be here, but they inherent desire to be part of a foundation and to rebuild to be like recent Canes greats—that was a lifetime ago and is gonna take more work now that it did then.
You’re right. The one good thing is that 5-7, getting smacked by your rivals and having no fans is unappealing.

Something has to change and I believe the kids that come in moving forward won’t want to be anything like the soft team they just watched.

It won’t only be a selling point to get guys in the building but how you sell guys on doing it the right way with the right mentality.

Given what we’ve seen for 20 years, this sucked but a may have been needed.

Yep I did say at one point this year I’d be ok if he Kam left. He was responsible for a lot of long plays given up but I’ll take that back. One of the few who give a ****.
Yea if I can only have one guy it’s be Kam. A second year player is going to make mistakes.

We’re watching the progression before our eyes to an all American player and leader. Need guys like that.

Add in on the last Pitt touchdown where our two inside linebackers did not know the defensive call. Wes was right side, and Caleb was left side. It looked like Wes was in zone as he was pass off the Pitt receiver on the crosser. Caleb ran ride right into him. Williams immediately took himself out of the play and never saw the receiver crossing. Our defense in a microcosm.
Jimmy Johnson preached about having smart players. Yet we’re one of the stupidest teams I’ve ever seen. Ironically the hardest working and film room junkie is the most dependable . Funny how that works.

Jimmy Johnson preached about having smart players. Yet we’re one of the stupidest teams I’ve ever seen. Ironically the hardest working and film room junkie is the most dependable . Funny how that works.
Steele is not a stupid guy. Just the opposite. Would have loved to be on headsets listening to that guy during a game. I sure he had dozens of WTF moments.

Advertisement
Hope our guys do t take the wonderic gonna score a -1

Team needs players who can be strong leaders and hold others accountable. If that is Kam on Defense, great. Who will it be on Offense? BTW, Williams looks like a 4.6 guy to me. Let’s not compare him to guys who run 4.3 or 4.4 or even 4.5. His Athleticism is overrated IMO, he’s long that is it.

Advertisement
He is either clueless or he is freelancing too much. If he cannot diagnosis a play from centerfield, then how the flip is he going to diagnosis a play in the box?

Our Safeties are badly coached, especially in run supoport, been that way for awhile now. Good Safety play is when a RB gets past the 2nd level, the Safety comes up in run support, and stops the RB for a gain of 8-10 yds., minimum. Our Safeties either don't come up in run support, or they're too late to react. Doesn't matter who we put back there, it's the same ****...coaching.

Our Safeties are badly coached, especially in run supoport, been that way for awhile now. Good Safety play is when a RB gets past the 2nd level, the Safety comes up in run support, and stops the RB for a gain of 8-10 yds., minimum. Our Safeties either don't come up in run support, or they're too late to react. Doesn't matter who we put back there, it's the same ****...coaching.
Banda had dudes playing lights out in run support between Jaquan and Rayshawn

Our Safeties are badly coached, especially in run supoport, been that way for awhile now. Good Safety play is when a RB gets past the 2nd level, and the Safety comes up in run support, and stops the RB for a gain of 8-10 yds., minimum. Our Safeties either don't come up in run support, or they're too late to react. Doesn't matter who we put back there, it's the same ****...coaching.
Low IQ team. Some of our kids are not coachable and should be nothing more than special teams players.

He’s all instinct and that’s a good thing that close to the LOS. That’s kind of a blessing and curse at safety where you have to be more patient in your reads before you react. He triggers at the first thing he sees and that’s a disaster in the secondary once film is out on you. I think Charlie strong can make a man out of him though
Then I'm run counter on him all day every Saturday.

Advertisement
Back