Kam’s Team Next Year

He needs to lock 0 in a room with him and make him learn the game. I watched RYAN RAGONE (great kid) get in the game, recognition a formation in the red zone and turn and tell 0 “hey you need to cover there” and 0 waved him off. At the snap of the ball he completely ignored ryan and the play went directly where Ryan said it would. A 5 star player who can’t recognize anything like ryan Ragone. Let that sink in
I know you haven’t said this but for all those saying 0 needs to move to LB. You really think a guy like him who seems uncoachable will move positions 2 years in? If he’s not willing to listen to teammates do you really think he’s going to listen to coaches?

At this point, if he’s not willing to change I tell him Miami isn’t the place for you. I’d rather get players like these out of the program right away and get guys who aren’t 5 stars who play hard, play the game right and want to be coached.

Advertisement
I know you haven’t said this but for all those saying 0 needs to move to LB. You really think a guy like him who seems uncoachable will move positions 2 years in? If he’s not willing to listen to teammates do you really think he’s going to listen to coaches?

At this point, if he’s not willing to change I tell him Miami isn’t the place for you. I’d rather get players like these out of the program right away and get guys who aren’t 5 stars who play hard, play the game right and want to be coached.
The kid wants to be great. Hopefully his thirst for greatness will keep his pride out of the way. He’s his own worst enemy. No he won’t be open to the position change but you know what? It shouldnt even be optional if you want to be a Miami hurricane. He’s an athletic freak and linebackers with his skill set are making 100 million dollars (Warner, Leonard etc). We’ll see

Ain’t no one perfect. Kam is a baller and we need dudes like him.

I’ve never seen a Miami team where I had less dudes I wanted to return. Theres never been more of a necessity for a reset. My list would be shockingly small.

Welcome to 2022. It ain’t 1997 anymore.

Soft-*** generation. Not saying Mario won’t find some kids who want to be here, but they inherent desire to be part of a foundation and to rebuild to be like recent Canes greats—that was a lifetime ago and is gonna take more work now that it did then.

The kid wants to be great. Hopefully his thirst for greatness will keep his pride out of the way. He’s his own worst enemy. No he won’t be open to the position change but you know what? It shouldnt even be optional if you want to be a Miami hurricane. He’s an athletic freak and linebackers with his skill set are making 100 million dollars (Warner, Leonard etc). We’ll see
Can he diagnose and like people up to play backer, though?

Can he diagnose and like people up to play backer, though?
He’s all instinct and that’s a good thing that close to the LOS. That’s kind of a blessing and curse at safety where you have to be more patient in your reads before you react. He triggers at the first thing he sees and that’s a disaster in the secondary once film is out on you. I think Charlie strong can make a man out of him though

Advertisement
He first needs to learn how to tackle and get his mind right and stop with the mental mistakes.

He’s all instinct and that’s a good thing that close to the LOS. That’s kind of a blessing and curse at safety where you have to be more patient in your reads before you react. He triggers at the first thing he sees and that’s a disaster in the secondary once film is out on you. I think Charlie strong can make a man out of him though
He could be used like Isaiah Simmons. That’s what I envisioned when we signed him. Joke is on me

He first needs to learn how to tackle and get his mind right and stop with the mental mistake.
Learning to tackle is all want. That’s literally the easiest thing to teach. If he doesn’t do it he doesn’t want to. He’s so imposing dudes see him and brace for impact anyway. Learn to break down and wrap up and you’ll make most of those tackles

He could be used like Isaiah Simmons. That’s what I envisioned when we signed him. Joke is on me
He and Simmons had the same issues early on outside of tackling. Key difference and why I hated the comp, Simmons is an athletic freak. He made mistakes and you couldn’t tell because he ran 4.3 and was explosive

Advertisement
Learning to tackle is all want. That’s literally the easiest thing to teach. If he doesn’t do it he doesn’t want to. He’s so imposing dudes see him and brace for impact anyway. Learn to break down and wrap up and you’ll make most of those tackles
Then he could hit the road if he doesn’t want to. It’s cringeworthy watching him play football.

He needs to lock 0 in a room with him and make him learn the game. I watched RYAN RAGONE (great kid) get in the game, recognize a formation in the red zone and turn and tell 0 “hey you need to cover there” and 0 waved him off. At the snap of the ball he completely ignored ryan and the play went directly where Ryan said it would. A 5 star player who can’t recognize anything like ryan Ragone. Let that sink in
That was frustrating to see. Then he followed it up by not even attempting to tackle the guy.

Kam got smoked on the 2nd TD (1:02 in 1st) and then jogs down the field even though the play was not over. Then Pitt wr keeps running for td. Sums up the season. Kam can talk all he wants but his his EFFORT on the field is suspect. You don’t stop full speed until the whistle blows.

Frustrating to be a fan of effort like that!

Do what you gotta do, man. Weed out as many people as you can — the more, the better. The rebuilding starts now.

I like his attitude, however he should know that you don't stop running to the ball carrier until the ref blows it dead - that's basic football! That was really bad and he was on the initial tackle where he whiffed on Wayne.

Advertisement
Real ****.... Gotta respect it.

What hurts tho is that him being a sophomore and is the ONLY one speaking up. Sad.
Yeah it’s crazy when you think about a sophomore being the only one speaking up. The 2019 & 2020 classes killed us. Absolutely no leadership and they mostly gone anyways.

Advertisement
Good for Kam. Has his flaws from time to time but is Arrieta ball hawk and will be great next season.

Some of our porsters should hit the portal too if they don’t want to be here.

Last edited:
Yeah it’s crazy when you think about a sophomore being the only one speaking up. The 2019 & 2020 classes killed us. Absolutely no leadership and they mostly gone anyways.
It’s all hot air unless you back it up on the field. We don’t need rah rah cheerleaders. We need guys that give 100% every play. Even if we are losing, the score should not affect effort.

If he still 2 years in is not wrapping up when he tackles then he doesn’t want to be great that badly. Sorry. He can say it but he’s not showing it. That is a simple thing. He is uncoachable.

Advertisement
Back