Kaleb Spencer commits

Advertisement
His patience and ability to see the run fit and fill it with the right leverage and his ability to play with speed while not overrunning everything is impressive for a HS guy.
Maybe our most underrated recruit

Advertisement
Speed kills. Underrated
I don’t see speed whatsoever. I agree underrated but this kid is an in the box safety. Adequate speed, don’t want him playing center field though. Good short area burst, diagnosed plays well, not only packs a bunch but appears to be a sure tackler. Clearly our replacement for Bonsu’s spot. Under Manny this kid would have been an LB…

Advertisement
In the box safety
****, I thought you were referring to one Kane’s spoiler pics?! But back to Spencer, yes I can see him operating between SS/OLB or the Stryker. Back to the pics, couple of them would definitely need safety in their box- especially #4!

I don’t see speed whatsoever. I agree underrated but this kid is an in the box safety. Adequate speed, don’t want him playing center field though. Good short area burst, diagnosed plays well, not only packs a bunch but appears to be a sure tackler. Clearly our replacement for Bonsu’s spot. Under Manny this kid would have been an LB…
While I agree you don’t see what we call straight line speed…. What you see is a player who diagnose plays quickly and plays fast…. Not comparing him to Ed Reed at all, but Reed wasn’t a Blazer…. Reed played the game fast though with his diagnosis and football IQ. Spencer is taller and bigger and at 6’3” can play effectively at 225-230. He appears to have some range, but at his position I prefer football IQ and Physicality first and foremost.

While I agree you don’t see what we call straight line speed…. What you see is a player who diagnose plays quickly and plays fast…. Not comparing him to Ed Reed at all, but Reed wasn’t a Blazer…. Reed played the game fast though with his diagnosis and football IQ. Spencer is taller and bigger and at 6’3” can play effectively at 225-230. He appears to have some range, but at his position I prefer football IQ and Physicality first and foremost.
I agree with all of that, but dude doesn’t deserve the label of ‘speed kills’. Think he will contribute here and agree he diagnoses plays well and it makes him play faster but if that kid gets left outside the box, that would be trouble.

Kid will certainly crack the 2-deep coming out of fall camp.

Advertisement
I agree with all of that, but dude doesn’t deserve the label of ‘speed kills’. Think he will contribute here and agree he diagnoses plays well and it makes him play faster but if that kid gets left outside the box, that would be trouble.
Yeah I definitely agree that was not an accurate description of Spencer’s skill set.

Advertisement
stryker.jpg

After watching our players actually fail to tackle this doesn't excite me like it should
This guy is quickly becoming my favorite prospect in the back 7. Watching this clip reminded me of ST26 killing the punter at the pro bowl. Spencer has more ST26 in him than any signed player we have seen in a little while.

Advertisement
Back