Kaleb Boateng

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
\

I haven't been very critical of this staff because I think a lot of the criticism from our fans is ignorant and incorrect but this is a local lineman who is capable and begging for an offer. So whats the excuse for not giving him one? Ranking? He is ranked almost as high as Washington and Eguakun. Space? He is almost certainly better than Bar Milo. I just dont get it here. You have the space and O line commits are dropping like flies. This kid is a sure lock. Why wait till its too late and he changes his mind?

See for yourselves:

Last edited:
Advertisement
OL and QB are by far the 2 toughest spots to project from one level to the next. I genuinely don't meddle too much in the staff decisions on these 2 spots because it's such a crap-shoot. Recruiting in general is, but these 2 spots are far more difficult than any other.

That being said, at some point you need to bring in bodies. Miami only has 11 scholarship OL for next season. 2 of those will be seniors, and a 3rd is Navaughn Donaldson, who is always a possibility for an early declaration. So there's a chance that in 2020 they have 8 OL on scholarship, plus whoever comes in this class. It's imperative they bring in at least a few.

\

I haven't been very critical of this staff because I think a lot of the criticism from our fans is ignorant and incorrect but this is a local lineman who is capable and begging for an offer. So whats the excuse for not giving him one? Ranking? He is ranked almost as high as Washington and Eguakun. Space? He is almost certainly better than Bar Milo. I just dont get it here. You have the space and O line commits are dropping like flies. This kid is a sure lock. Why wait till its too late and he changes his mind?

See for yourselves:

Crying shame.
Didn't Uncle Tom Brown a week or two ago go on a tirade claiming he wants young men who want to play for the U???
AND THIS STAFF HASN'T OFFERED HIM YET???
AND SURPRISINGLY HE WANTS IN?????

Yeah, this is a staph, not a staff.

Had to laugh out loud, I met two Canes fans today in Kansas City, one who was giving me my interview for Greyhound and one at a restaurant and all we could do was lament on how gawd awful the staff is and how we could sure use a recruiting boost after the decommits.

And we got a kid that wants in. And they need bodies on the OL.
AND THEY HAVEN'T OFFERED.

Advertisement
Should already be a 'Cane.

He's developmental. But we've had Bar Milo and George Brown on our roster for years now. This kid, if he's them, isn't any worse than what we've had...but he's got upside and if you can develop him, he'll be a contributor. Right now...we need that. We also need bodies...this class has been such **** and is looking like ****...it just needs players that will stick with the commitment and be Miami Hurricanes, too.

Somebody forward this to those clowns pretending to be coaches.

You haven't been critical of the staff because you drunk the Kool-aid.

The majority of the criticism the staff has gotten this year has been justified, the only reason why people don't think so is because they worship Richt & refuse to look at what the issues are with this team.

It's not just on the field failures, it's complete mismanagement of the locker room & continuously dropping the ball in recruiting by foolishly believing they lead with every recruit only to be left scrambling in the 25th hour dishing out late offers that should've been made months ago.

Miami is not Bama, Oh St, or Clemson, we're not in a position to be too snooty with offers, even if they're not high on a player in the Spring you still offer him & let the prospect feel like you're evaluating him. Then you keep in contact with him throughout the year just in case the targets you have higher on the board at the same position flake out or go elsewhere.

This sh*t ain't quantum physics, they make it much harder than it should be.

Advertisement

The majority of the criticism the staff has gotten this year has been justified, the only reason why people don't think so is because they worship Richt & refuse to look at what the issues are with this team.

It's not just on the field failures, it's complete mismanagement of the locker room & continuously dropping the ball in recruiting by foolishly believing they lead with every recruit only to be left scrambling in the 25th hour dishing out late offers that should've been made months ago.

Miami is not Bama, Oh St, or Clemson, we're not in a position to be too snooty with offers, even if they're not high on a player in the Spring you still offer him & let the prospect feel like you're evaluating him. Then you keep in contact with him throughout the year just in case the targets you have higher on the board at the same position flake out or go elsewhere.

Richt aint my dad or uncle or anyone to me. I owe him nothing. I think the staff deserves some criticism but some of it actually most of it is stupid. Our fans dont even know how to explain what they are complaining about. They complain about playcalling and dont even watch anything other than the ball every play. They complain about qb development when our QBs are a bunch of freshmen and a converted baseball player. They complain about O line development (this one I agree with) but fail to keep in mind that its the hardest position to develop and that guys who come in at that position wont be good for 2-3 years. They complain about the locker room and have never been inside of it. Yes they deserve a lot of criticism but the stupidity and the "hey lets just follow what everyone else is doing and claim for everyone to be fired" Is retarded.

This is crazy. The kid has good physical traits and wants to be a cane but we don’t want him.. this staff is the worst

Richt aint my dad or uncle or anyone to me. I owe him nothing. I think the staff deserves some criticism but some of it actually most of it is stupid. Our fans dont even know how to explain what they are complaining about. They complain about playcalling and dont even watch anything other than the ball every play. They complain about qb development when our QBs are a bunch of freshmen and a converted baseball player. They complain about O line development (this one I agree with) but fail to keep in mind that its the hardest position to develop and that guys who come in at that position wont be good for 2-3 years. They complain about the locker room and have never been inside of it. Yes they deserve a lot of criticism but the stupidity and the "hey lets just follow what everyone else is doing and claim for everyone to be fired" Is retarded.
Read Roman's threads, he breaks down in detail what the problem is with play calling & our lack creativity which hinders the ability of the offense to put the playmakers in the best position to succeed.

QB development is a huge problem because the person responsible for doing it has no real experience at it whatsoever, he's an amateur being paid to do a job he can't do. And the fact we have multiple freshman isn't a valid excuse because programs that have real QB & OC coaches develop their True & Red Frosh QB to play at a high level all the time.

As far as the OL, I don't even need to say anything. And with the locker room, many of us know players on the team or are close with people who know them, the rumblings have been there for months.

The point is, if all you pay attention to is the trolls then yeah you have a point, but well respected people on this board including the actual CIS staff members have written numerous articles & done a bunch of podcasts highlighting exactly what the problems are.

The criticism coming from fans is legitimate, it's been the same things said coming from former players, Cane legends, Coaches, commentators that have actually called the games & and pretty much anybody who's watched us play this year. Some people just decided to plug their ears & ignore it, doesn't change the fact that it's true.

Advertisement
Crying shame.
Didn't Uncle Tom Brown a week or two ago go on a tirade claiming he wants young men who want to play for the U???
AND THIS STAFF HASN'T OFFERED HIM YET???
AND SURPRISINGLY HE WANTS IN?????

Yeah, this is a staph, not a staff.

Had to laugh out loud, I met two Canes fans today in Kansas City, one who was giving me my interview for Greyhound and one at a restaurant and all we could do was lament on how gawd awful the staff is and how we could sure use a recruiting boost after the decommits.

And we got a kid that wants in. And they need bodies on the OL.
AND THEY HAVEN'T OFFERED.

Reminds me of Rusty Medaris skinny DE who was killing an all world tacker , after the game Jimmy Johnson walked passed this all world tackle and went to Rusty and asked him how many offers Rusty said never had one and I have (2) games left in senior year.......well the rest is history.

When a FIRE burns so brightly it cannot contain itself , I'D OFFER THIS KID and tell him MAKE ME PROUD SON.

Richt is way more arrogant than I woulda ever thought from such a christian, dude is shady

Advertisement
Read Roman's threads, he breaks down in detail what the problem is with play calling & our lack creativity which hinders the ability of the offense to put the playmakers in the best position to succeed.

QB development is a huge problem because the person responsible for doing it has no real experience at it whatsoever, he's an amateur being paid to do a job he can't do. And the fact we have multiple freshman isn't a valid excuse because programs that have real QB & OC coaches develop their True & Red Frosh QB to play at a high level all the time.

As far as the OL, I don't even need to say anything. And with the locker room, many of us know players on the team or are close with people who know them, the rumblings have been there for months.

The point is, if all you pay attention to is the trolls then yeah you have a point, but well respected people on this board including the actual CIS staff members have written numerous articles & done a bunch of podcasts highlighting exactly what the problems are.

The criticism coming from fans is legitimate, it's been the same things said coming from former players, Cane legends, Coaches, commentators that have actually called the games & and pretty much anybody who's watched us play this year. Some people just decided to plug their ears & ignore it, doesn't change the fact that it's true.
I actually dont agree Roman's breakdowns. I watch them and I have my reasons as to why (mostly because he is inconsistent and breaks down 3 plays and then acts as if they are everything that happened within the game). I rewatch the games on my own and make my own conclusions and have my own verdict on that.

Kid is begging for an offer....our OL COACH is in......NICEVILLE.

Grab 2 local kids in Boateng, Maurice Smith....and go in on Juco /Grad Transfers to bring in atleast 5 ol this class.

Funny thing is the kid their trying to flip from Miss State...hit Kingley with a "Congrats BRO" on his flip from us to Uf. He is not even a lay up.

I cant/dont see how a staff can be so terrible this go around/class with OL and Qb recruiting.

Grab 2 local kids in Boateng, Maurice Smith....and go in on Juco /Grad Transfers to bring in atleast 5 ol this class.

Funny thing is the kid their trying to flip from Miss State...hit Kingley with a "Congrats BRO" on his flip from us to Uf. He is not even a lay up.

I cant/dont see how a staff can be so terrible this go around/class with OL and Qb recruiting.
I was looking at our scholarship distribution and I think 5 is too much which makes it a little clearer as to why the staff is hesitant. Truth is we dont really lack bodied just development. Unless guys start leaving I see us taking max 4. I think the staff starts pushing for guys after the early signing period once we miss out on guys and the dust settles.

Do you think Mark Fox from Northwestern and teammate of Sam Brooks is worth an offer?

Advertisement
Back