Kaden Martin QB COMMIT ?

GOCANES05

Recruit
I was glancing over recruiting here and saw we have a another QB commitment?

Was this a typo?

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea, he's coming to play baseball but I thought he was going to walk on the football team. To be honest, I saw his tape and kid is really, really good QB. I hope we have a change to convert him to a FB player full time. Tee did a good job with him.

Advertisement
Baseball commit but doubt he makes it on campus as he is a top 75 draft prospect and will be getting a fat signing bonus

Last kid who did that didn't stick with football for long. Forgot his name. I'm sure someone remembers.

Advertisement
If he takes one snap on the game day he switches from a baseball scholarship to football. He will either go right to the minor leagues and skip college or he will play one year of baseball at Miami and declare for the draft. Not going to play football.

If he takes one snap on the game day he switches from a baseball scholarship to football. He will either go right to the minor leagues and skip college or he will play one year of baseball at Miami and declare for the draft. Not going to play football.

I think if he is on-campus for 1 year, it no longer causes the IC to flip from baseball to football. Regardless, if your "one year of baseball" prediction is correct, then it doesn't matter anyhow.

I think if he is on-campus for 1 year, it no longer causes the IC to flip from baseball to football. Regardless, if your "one year of baseball" prediction is correct, then it doesn't matter anyhow.
Can't only play one year of baseball. Have to wait three years (or turn 21) if you sign a baseball scholarship and enroll at a four year school.

Advertisement
With the MLB Draft next month, I just checked on Kaden Martin's draft stock. MLB.com does not have him in its top 200 prospects. A guy on ESPN.com has a top list of 82 guys, no Martin. ProspectsLive.com ranks him as the #383 baseball prospect in this year's draft.
If I understand correctly, it looks likely that he will be at UM in the fall, as he does not stand to get a huge signing bonus after July's MLB Draft. Am I getting this right?

With the MLB Draft next month, I just checked on Kaden Martin's draft stock. MLB.com does not have him in its top 200 prospects. A guy on ESPN.com has a top list of 82 guys, no Martin. ProspectsLive.com ranks him as the #383 baseball prospect in this year's draft.
If I understand correctly, it looks likely that he will be at UM in the fall, as he does not stand to get a huge signing bonus after July's MLB Draft. Am I getting this right?
The general rule is if he goes top-10 rounds, he’s going pro. If he slides to the 11th, it immediately becomes a realistic possibility to get him on campus.

The complicating factor is that the top 10 rounds don’t shake out by talent alone, in baseball signability is also a factor.

Teams often choose a guy in, say, the 4th round who’s not ranked in the top 300 in order to sign him for peanuts and apply his bonus pool money to their first rounder or even their 10th rounder.

That would be the danger scenario, where a team that wants to dream on Kaden’s tools in the 10th round and has an extra $100,000 to tack on might scoop him up despite his pre-draft ranking.

The general rule is if he goes top-10 rounds, he’s going pro. If he slides to the 11th, it immediately becomes a realistic possibility to get him on campus.

The complicating factor is that the top 10 rounds don’t shake out by talent alone, in baseball signability is also a factor.

Teams often choose a guy in, say, the 4th round who’s not ranked in the top 300 in order to sign him for peanuts and apply his bonus pool money to their first rounder or even their 10th rounder.

That would be the danger scenario, where a team that wants to dream on Kaden’s tools in the 10th round and has an extra $100,000 to tack on might scoop him up despite his pre-draft ranking.

That rule was pre NIL and pre milb team retractions. I believe every team has 4 minor league teams now (low A, high A, AA, AAA) and it’s possible they go down to 3 teams.

Speculation is most MLB teams are gonna use all there signing money on the top picks and then picking college kids who need less seasoning.

If that is the case a lot of High schoolers will end up in college especially if they can get NIL money to offset school costs.

Advertisement
Back