Kaden Martin QB COMMIT ?

A kid like this could really do well with NIl. I mean if hes that good of a QB and baseball player why not get some of that Nil for both sports.

Advertisement
As long as he isn’t asking for an astronomical price, he’s getting taken top 10 rounds. Probably in the 3rd-7th range. His potential is through the roof and to me is a kid who would benefit way more from learning to hit with a wood bat now, than after three years in college.

I haven’t read anything on him saying whether or not he wants to go to school, so things could change. But Gino better not be counting on him to fill a roster spot.

That rule was pre NIL and pre milb team retractions. I believe every team has 4 minor league teams now (low A, high A, AA, AAA) and it’s possible they go down to 3 teams.

Speculation is most MLB teams are gonna use all there signing money on the top picks and then picking college kids who need less seasoning.

If that is the case a lot of High schoolers will end up in college especially if they can get NIL money to offset school costs.
The rule is the rule. NIL hasn’t changed it at all. It might change *who* goes in the top 10 rounds, but the fact is if a player goes top-10 rounds, they’re almost certainly going pro and probably have a deal pre-arranged. It’s certainly possible that NIL makes tooled-up high schoolers way less signable than they used to be.

Martin is one of the 118 high school recruits who are headed to the MLB Draft combine, even though he is ranked outside mlb.com's top-200.

It seems like it's still up in the air whether he ends up here or not.

I’m pretty sure he’s gonna walk on to the football team

Yep. We are deliberately downplaying his football recruitment to avoid having to bring him in on a football scholly. If football “recruits” him he has to come in via that sport because football is the apex sport over baseball per NCAA rules.

This way he won’t count against the 85 unless/until he plays in a football game.

Advertisement
Martin is one of the 118 high school recruits who are headed to the MLB Draft combine, even though he is ranked outside mlb.com's top-200.

It seems like it's still up in the air whether he ends up here or not.
Yea no. He‘s gonna be here. Unless you‘re taken in the top 5 rounds then they opt for college 9/10 and he’s not in a position to needs cash.

Last edited:
It seems like he was not drafted and is UM-bound. If he walks on to the football team, then our 5th-string QB is a former 4 star whose ranking fell only after he decided to play scholarship baseball.
I believe the rule is if he plays in an official football game, his baseball scholarship counts as a football scholly. But worth the look for sure as one of the QBs.

Advertisement
I believe the rule is if he plays in an official football game, his baseball scholarship counts as a football scholly. But worth the look for sure as one of the QBs.

Correct, if he comes in on baseball, but walks on to football, his scholarship will remain baseball until he plays in an actual football game, and then football is solely responsible for his ride from then on. Pretty safe to say he would remain on baseball for a good long while if not indefinitely.

Advertisement
Back