Kaaya's status for UVA?

Advertisement
I can't believe people in here really prefer Rosier To Kaaya. It's baffling to me. And those that speak to Rosier's athleticism, how many rushing yards does he have. I have seen very little that tells me he's a mobile QB.

dual threat qbs or ones who can at least scramble are the winning formula for a CFB national title. leinart, vince young, tebow, cam, mccarron and jameis could all pick up a first down with their legs. not sure kayaa has ever done that.

Matt Leinart as a scrambler, ***** please.

I can't believe people in here really prefer Rosier To Kaaya. It's baffling to me. And those that speak to Rosier's athleticism, how many rushing yards does he have. I have seen very little that tells me he's a mobile QB.

dual threat qbs or ones who can at least scramble are the winning formula for a CFB national title. leinart, vince young, tebow, cam, mccarron and jameis could all pick up a first down with their legs. not sure kayaa has ever done that.

my bad, just remember that td he scored with the bush assist against notre shame.

Two unrelated notes about this thread:

1. Kaaya is almost a stud, some of you are crazy calling him a dope.

2. Rosier isn't a dual threat qb.

Advertisement
Rosier was a surprise to everyone. Even Duke during the first 3 periods. Duke then showed how to play zone and use the safety to stop him. We wont get much man coverage on the outside like Duke dared us with in the first 3 Qs.

Also we didn't throw over the middle much at all. Our offense was severely limited with Rosier back there and this time it wont be a surprise. There will be a game plan against him when Duke had squat.

We are better off with Kaaya. Rosier also made two really bad decisions in that game that almost cost us the game and he almost had two other balls picked.

Advertisement
Yeah... because Ken Dorsey was a dual threat QB, looool

Was Rosier even a big threat as a runner during the Duke game? The times I remember him running on a designed play he got stuffed. You dont lose your starting job due to injury. If Kaaya can play, he will play. Maybe he has fire that we didnt see under Golden.

The biggest reason for the success vs duke was sticking with the running game. Yearby had 21 carries, Walton 11. Yearby should get 20+ carries and Walton 15+ every game. It will make things a lot easier for Kaaya and Rosier.

Yeah... because Ken Dorsey was a dual threat QB, looool

Was Rosier even a big threat as a runner during the Duke game? The times I remember him running on a designed play he got stuffed. You dont lose your starting job due to injury. If Kaaya can play, he will play. Maybe he has fire that we didnt see under Golden.

Yes every designed QB run play was TFL. The option. What a FN joke. I do remember him running backwards into the end zone for some unexplained reason.

I think we can run on UVA but we cant have any turnovers. I am more worried about turnovers with Rosier then Kaaya.

I do want to see Rosier get some reps but i hope its when we are way up.

Advertisement
We need to have both available. If Kaaya is not cleared and Rosier goes out for even a series or two, what do we do? Go wildcat, or burn a redshirt?

I want to make a comment about concussion protocol here that'd probably ruffle the panties of some of the hyper-sensitive junior wannabe neurosurgeon crew but I won't because it behooves us longterm for Rosier to get all the action he can this season. It'd sure be nice to finally have real depth at the QB position going into Kaaya's last two seasons when hopefully these games will eventually really matter. Burning Testaverde's redshirt in an emergency is of minimal to no concern.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i could care less. the way rosier was throwing the ball i think it wont matter. in some senses i prefer a running qb dual threat option.

I gotta admit I liked Rosier better too. He was more decisive, had better zip on the ball and more agile. Like a former Cane qb has suggested, Brad lack fire and seems too soft.

What former Cane QB?

And how can you call the kid soft? He may be Mr. Cool, Calm, & Collected, but the dude gets hit countless times a game and pops right back up.

Hopefully Scott pulls a classic Meyer or Saban and turns in the ACC pre-injury report with Kayaa as questionable, whether it is true or not. Gamesmanship baby...bring it back.

UM

Hopefully Scott pulls a classic Meyer or Saban and turns in the ACC pre-injury report with Kayaa as questionable, whether it is true or not. Gamesmanship baby...bring it back. UM

If you're going through the concussion protocol and listed as "doubtful" per your hope, then you ain't playing.

my bad, just remember that td he scored with the bush assist against notre shame.

quarterback sneak =/= scrambling qb. dood had -70 rushing yards for his career at USCw

Advertisement
Back