Kaaya

Advertisement
Man If Kayaa can fix throwing the deep ball no doubt he'll be the 1st qb taken 2017/2018 draft...

His deep balls are horrible
Out of the 3 deep balls he threw last game he missed one 1. He hit waters right on the money. Not to mention the countless times he hit dorsett last year for TDs on deep balls. How are they horrible?

The one pass Kaaya missed is the one area he MUST work on. That overthrow of Yearby that would have put us up 21-0 was hideous. He needs to get better at throwing on the move. But really, that's about the only weakness in his game, and one he will get fixed.

Agreed. He is ahead of schedule everywhere else.

Wtf are you all watching? Yeah he has missed a few throws but his numbers have improved across the board . In his last 6 games last year he completed over 60 percent of his passes just 2 times with having games of 57 percent,49 percent, 47 percent and 44 percent as well. Mind you he has improved and the offense is running more efficiently and he has a whole new set of targets to get acclimated to. He is doing a fine job. It's nit picking to say otherwise

ACC Competetion vs BEthune and FAU cmon Brock

Wtf are you all watching? Yeah he has missed a few throws but his numbers have improved across the board . In his last 6 games last year he completed over 60 percent of his passes just 2 times with having games of 57 percent,49 percent, 47 percent and 44 percent as well. Mind you he has improved and the offense is running more efficiently and he has a whole new set of targets to get acclimated to. He is doing a fine job. It's nit picking to say otherwise

Nebraska too

Advertisement
Last year versus this year is MUCH DIFFERENT. For the first 3 games the long balls have been very INCONSISTENT to say the least. He has missed SEVERAL TD passes. With that being said his numbers are good but that's not saying much based on the competition so far. Let's see what happens after tomorrow night. He SHOULD have a field day tomorrow night and light the sky up. I would be extremely diasappointed if UM doesnt put a big number but the first half could be tough for our secondary.

From Wade contract to Dragic pregnancy to Bosh illness, Heat reaffirms family commitment; WQAM fires Grimes; Dolphins, Canes, Miami Herald news | Sports Buzz

### Though Brad Kaaya has improved his completion percentage from 58.5 in 2014 to 61.4 percent this season, offensive coordinator James Coley said this spring he wants it over 70 percent.

"I know he wants to get his completion percentage up so we can possess the ball a little bit better, especially on 3rd downs," Al Golden said today, of Kaaya. "That's really been a focus all week with him."

How is Kaaya going to improve his completion percentage by throwing more long balls? Nope. It'll be more little dinks and dunks. More throws behind the LOS. More bubbles. The percentage might go up, but YPT will go down.

BTW, note how Fraulden states that this is Kaaya's focus, not Fraulden's, not Coley's, not our focus, not the team focus. Brad, better get your under-the-bus suit ready, just in case.

God save us all.

Firing Day is 61 away.

[video=youtube;4wvpdBnfiZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wvpdBnfiZo[/video]

Last edited:
Well, I think that they are setting it up so that it is KAAYAs offense. They are giving him the reigns. Coaches basically put their careers in kids hands and this is no different. I mean did Randy not put his career in the hands of JH. So much so that he let another qb leave town. And it ended up costing him his job. I was watching the UM/UW game from 2001 the other day and the announcer said RS was an up and coming coach who will surely be running his own team at some point because he was a tireless worker and a wonderful coach. Well, we both know how that ended. So in this case its just Al basically saying "its his offense"

Well, I think that they are setting it up so that it is KAAYAs offense. They are giving him the reigns. Coaches basically put their careers in kids hands and this is no different. I mean did Randy not put his career in the hands of JH. So much so that he let another qb leave town. And it ended up costing him his job. I was watching the UM/UW game from 2001 the other day and the announcer said RS was an up and coming coach who will surely be running his own team at some point because he was a tireless worker and a wonderful coach. Well, we both know how that ended. So in this case its just Al basically saying "its his offense"

Yup, that is exactly what Fraulden is saying. However, Fraulden isn't saying who creates the game plan, what players are on the field, and who calls the plays. Betcha it's NOT Kaaya. This nonsense is just Fraulden's may of deflecting blame, in case the Cincy game turns into a cluster ****.

DANGER! Players to be thrown under bus.

I didn't say "Once they turn him into Michael Vick he'll be special." All I said was he can work on hitting those easy passes like the one he missed to Yearby. His momentum was carrying him forward, so the pass went way over Yearby. I wasn't knocking Kaaya at all, just saying he needs to work on that one area, so WHEN he gets flushed from the pocket he can still make the easy throws. And yes, that was an easy throw. Again, I don't expect him to make really difficult throws on the move, because like you say he's a pocket QB. He just needs to hit the wide open easy ones.
The one pass Kaaya missed is the one area he MUST work on. That overthrow of Yearby that would have put us up 21-0 was hideous. He needs to get better at throwing on the move. But really, that's about the only weakness in his game, and one he will get fixed.

His strength is throwing from the pocket, like all our NC QBs. He doesn't throw well on the move and probably will never. They will mess this kid up and give him happy feet if they insist on making him throw on the run because other do. His has the higher level skill already, pocket ability, that is getting rarer and rarer in college. It is bad enough they have him stuck back in the gun after he made major self-effort to become better under center. Brad is the first Miami type QB we have touched since Ken, let's not ***** the kid up trying to make him into something else. Isn't it enough watching Golden waste all the local D talent doing the same thing.

Advertisement
I hope he stays all four years.
But have a feeling he will be gone after his Junior year. Kid has the potential to be the best Qb in Miami history.

I have a theory that QBs who do well in the NFL stay in college at least 4 years. Doesn't mean that they play all 4 years, but they are in college for at least that long.

Nebraska too

FAU might beat Nebraska.

Man If Kayaa can fix throwing the deep ball no doubt he'll be the 1st qb taken 2017/2018 draft...

They aren't his strong suit, but they are far from horrible.

His ddep balls are not horrible. They arent great and need work but they are by no means horrible

So that 2nd throw isn't horrible? There's more proof in the pudding from last year. I just don't want to dig up. It can be corrected. ... but Omg that's painful to watch.

That second throw isn't proof that his deep ball is horrible, it's proof that that one was. He has thrown some nice deep balls as well. The consistency isn't there, but saying he's horrible at the deep ball is just silly.

1:17 is as good as it gets.
Inconsistent is a better description.

Maybe I'm too critical but 1:17 isn't a good example.... 40 yds isn't deep to me.... it was completed under pressure so good job there but that was another TD if lead properly.... i dont expect him to be Aaron Rodgers he doesn't have that type of arm but he dam sure could be Matt Ryan out there that's who Kayaa resembles to me with a dash of Peyton Manning via 2013-2015 (mobility& deep fade/post) 😀😁😂😅😆

Advertisement
I didn't say "Once they turn him into Michael Vick he'll be special." All I said was he can work on hitting those easy passes like the one he missed to Yearby. His momentum was carrying him forward, so the pass went way over Yearby. I wasn't knocking Kaaya at all, just saying he needs to work on that one area, so WHEN he gets flushed from the pocket he can still make the easy throws. And yes, that was an easy throw. Again, I don't expect him to make really difficult throws on the move, because like you say he's a pocket QB. He just needs to hit the wide open easy ones.

His strength is throwing from the pocket, like all our NC QBs. He doesn't throw well on the move and probably will never. They will mess this kid up and give him happy feet if they insist on making him throw on the run because other do. His has the higher level skill already, pocket ability, that is getting rarer and rarer in college. It is bad enough they have him stuck back in the gun after he made major self-effort to become better under center. Brad is the first Miami type QB we have touched since Ken, let's not ***** the kid up trying to make him into something else. Isn't it enough watching Golden waste all the local D talent doing the same thing.

Sorry. Guess I am little sensitive because I do not trust this staff and everyone wants our QBs to be option players. My worry is that Coley will start rolling the kid out just to be fancy. Certainly it would be great if when he is forced to move out instead of around the pocket his passes would be better. I just think Brad has a chance to be one of those QBs who command and use every inch of the pocket while using every second for WRs to get open. Throwing on the run might never be in his wheelhouse, much like throwing while standing still in the pocket is not for so many mobile QBs.

They aren't his strong suit, but they are far from horrible.

His ddep balls are not horrible. They arent great and need work but they are by no means horrible

So that 2nd throw isn't horrible? There's more proof in the pudding from last year. I just don't want to dig up. It can be corrected. ... but Omg that's painful to watch.

That second throw isn't proof that his deep ball is horrible, it's proof that that one was. He has thrown some nice deep balls as well. The consistency isn't there, but saying he's horrible at the deep ball is just silly.

Maybe I'm too critical but 1:17 isn't a good example.... 40 yds isn't deep to me.... it was completed under pressure so good job there but that was another TD if lead properly.... i dont expect him to be Aaron Rodgers he doesn't have that type of arm but he dam sure could be Matt Ryan out there that's who Kayaa resembles to me with a dash of Peyton Manning via 2013-2015 (mobility& deep fade/post) [emoji3][emoji16][emoji23][emoji28][emoji38]

Yeah you are too critical if you think 1:17 isn't a good example. I think he needs to improve his deep ball the rest of the year, but that throw was perfect. Herb just didn't have that much separation. It's not like he had to slow down.

Yup, that is exactly what Fraulden is saying. However, Fraulden isn't saying who creates the game plan, what players are on the field, and who calls the plays. Betcha it's NOT Kaaya. This nonsense is just Fraulden's may of deflecting blame, in case the Cincy game turns into a cluster ****.

DANGER! Players to be thrown under bus.

Well, the fact is. Randy Shannon and Mark Whipple were fired because the players did not do what they should have. There were MANY great calls from Whip where there were plenty of open guys and JH threw into triple coverage.... There were plenty of good defensive calls where the guys missed the tackles. This team has not been coached well for years! And we have had way too many players regress while here. And SOME of that has to be on the players... I think Kaaya will accept responsibility for whatever happens. Which is also why he will be a great pro. I am ready for AG to go. I think his ship has sailed, every coach has their "pitch" and his has come and gone. But I also think there is still a sense of entitlement for kids that come here just to go where they get the best opportunity to go pro because of the history. Look at last years team as an example of that, not a great record but still plenty of guys drafted. But that was not the case when RS left, the **** scouts weren't even coming around anymore by the time he was done... All in all there is plenty to ***** about, but this is a bit nit picky to me. The players still have to make plays. And sometimes great players make plays even when the play call sucks...

Advertisement
Kaayas deep ball is ok not great, the one to herb should have been a TD he under estimated herbs separation from what it looks like, the fade to njokou would have been a great pass he was off by a little, his timing with a few guys seems off, the nebraska game was technically our first game with the full play book, but i agree his deep ball throws need some work because we have seen him connect on them last year

Maybe I'm too critical but 1:17 isn't a good example.... 40 yds isn't deep to me.... it was completed under pressure so good job there but that was another TD if lead properly.... i dont expect him to be Aaron Rodgers he doesn't have that type of arm but he dam sure could be Matt Ryan out there that's who Kayaa resembles to me with a dash of Peyton Manning via 2013-2015 (mobility& deep fade/post) [emoji3][emoji16][emoji23][emoji28][emoji38]

Yeah you are too critical if you think 1:17 isn't a good example. I think he needs to improve his deep ball the rest of the year, but that throw was perfect. Herb just didn't have that much separation. It's not like he had to slow down.

bqfy.png

Advertisement
Back