Kaaya

Man If Kayaa can fix throwing the deep ball no doubt he'll be the 1st qb taken 2017/2018 draft...

His deep balls are horrible
They aren't his strong suit, but they are far from horrible.

Man If Kayaa can fix throwing the deep ball no doubt he'll be the 1st qb taken 2017/2018 draft...

His ddep balls are not horrible. They arent great and need work but they are by no means horrible

So that 2nd throw isn't horrible? There's more proof in the pudding from last year. I just don't want to dig up. It can be corrected. ... but Omg that's painful to watch.

Advertisement

What year is Jared Goff?

o16vPRS.png

I know why I said he'll be 1st QB taken if he works on that by 2017/2018

He's getting used to less speed on the deep throws but time and practice cures that with new receivers.

What year is Jared Goff?

View attachment 32023

I know why I said he'll be 1st QB taken if he works on that by 2017/2018

Wasn't being snarky or coming at you...really wanted to know what class he was

He's a senior ... he'll be the 1st qb taken this year.....

So Far...

I know u weren't being snarky bro we good lol

Advertisement
He's getting used to less speed on the deep throws but time and practice cures that with new receivers.

Waters isn't that far off from dorsett guarantee you if you launch it herb will go get it.... when he turns on his jets it's no catching him... buddy from nebraska saved them 4 pts by pushing herb out of bounds when he had a chance... or else that screen was an easy 7

Last year versus this year is MUCH DIFFERENT. For the first 3 games the long balls have been very INCONSISTENT to say the least. He has missed SEVERAL TD passes. With that being said his numbers are good but that's not saying much based on the competition so far. Let's see what happens after tomorrow night. He SHOULD have a field day tomorrow night and light the sky up. I would be extremely diasappointed if UM doesnt put a big number but the first half could be tough for our secondary.

Last year versus this year is MUCH DIFFERENT. For the first 3 games the long balls have been very INCONSISTENT to say the least. He has missed SEVERAL TD passes. With that being said his numbers are good but that's not saying much based on the competition so far. Let's see what happens after tomorrow night. He SHOULD have a field day tomorrow night and light the sky up. I would be extremely diasappointed if UM doesnt put a big number but the first half could be tough for our secondary.

+1000

Wtf are you all watching? Yeah he has missed a few throws but his numbers have improved across the board . In his last 6 games last year he completed over 60 percent of his passes just 2 times with having games of 57 percent,49 percent, 47 percent and 44 percent as well. Mind you he has improved and the offense is running more efficiently and he has a whole new set of targets to get acclimated to. He is doing a fine job. It's nit picking to say otherwise

Advertisement

He had 5 catches go for over 30 yard last game and one for over 50 yards not including mark Waltons 55 yard touchdown and Rashawn Scott 30 yard catch ruled incomplete. People keep talking about Nebraska like they are trash, no they are not lol. It should tell you something, when they opened the offense up more the numbers approved across the board

Three things he needs to improve:
1) The fade - god he was awful last week.. We threw a fade every redzone opportunity and never hit. As an aside, his corner route throws are incredible. So many passes on a dime. Why not use that play more
2) Mobility - join the track team this year with the ballas!
3) 4th quarter game management - hasnt had a 4th qtr win yet. Needs to focus on improving game and clock mgmt.

Hey Brock, I'm watching the exact same games as you are only from a coaching standpoint. I love the kid BUT he has missed on many TD's THIS year and the stats don't bear that out because of the competition we have faced. During the Nebraska game he had RECEIVERS WIDE OPEN the entire game. If he hit his targets the numbers would have been like 6-7 TD passes and well over 500 yards passing. The long balls MUST be completed when we play GT, FSU, CLEMSON, and DUKE. Just rewatch the Nebraska game and listen to the announcers, especially the one who played for Stanford and he is NON biased. All you guys are enamored by his stats, run up on HORRENDOUS secondaries. If he is so great then Kaaya should propel us to win the ACC. Lets play this out but I watch EVERY PLAY and have been for the past 33 years! You sound like Don Bailey Jr. Oh ****, I didn't even mention the POOR CLOCK managemnt during the entire fourth quarter that was simply incredible to watch. Between Golden, Foley, and Kaaya NOT ONE OF THEM managed the clock properly. Did I miss something ?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hey Brock, I'm watching the exact same games as you are only from a coaching standpoint. I love the kid BUT he has missed on many TD's THIS year and the stats don't bear that out because of the competition we have faced. During the Nebraska game he had RECEIVERS WIDE OPEN the entire game. If he hit his targets the numbers would have been like 6-7 TD passes and well over 500 yards passing. The long balls MUST be completed when we play GT, FSU, CLEMSON, and DUKE. Just rewatch the Nebraska game and listen to the announcers, especially the one who played for Stanford and he is NON biased. All you guys are enamored by his stats, run up on HORRENDOUS secondaries. If he is so great then Kaaya should propel us to win the ACC. Lets play this out but I watch EVERY PLAY and have been for the past 33 years! You sound like Don Bailey Jr. Oh ****, I didn't even mention the POOR CLOCK managemnt during the entire fourth quarter that was simply incredible to watch. Between Golden, Foley, and Kaaya NOT ONE OF THEM managed the clock properly. Did I miss something ?

The playcalling in the endzone has been horrendous to say the least but he needs to become better in that area. Regardless the kids is the best thing we have had in the program since Dorsey or Berlin at the qb position. He is also a sophomore he is still developing..

LOVED the old Mike Martz dig concept on the first drive to Scott.

Was not in love with the shallows against zone coverage in the red zone.

His ddep balls are not horrible. They arent great and need work but they are by no means horrible

So that 2nd throw isn't horrible? There's more proof in the pudding from last year. I just don't want to dig up. It can be corrected. ... but Omg that's painful to watch.

That second throw isn't proof that his deep ball is horrible, it's proof that that one was. He has thrown some nice deep balls as well. The consistency isn't there, but saying he's horrible at the deep ball is just silly.

Advertisement

That second throw isn't proof that his deep ball is horrible, it's proof that that one was. He has thrown some nice deep balls as well. The consistency isn't there, but saying he's horrible at the deep ball is just silly.

1:17 is as good as it gets.
Inconsistent is a better description.

Advertisement
Back