Kaaya

Advertisement
Man If Kayaa can fix throwing the deep ball no doubt he'll be the 1st qb taken 2017/2018 draft...

His deep balls are horrible

The one pass Kaaya missed is the one area he MUST work on. That overthrow of Yearby that would have put us up 21-0 was hideous. He needs to get better at throwing on the move. But really, that's about the only weakness in his game, and one he will get fixed.

Advertisement
The middle screen to Njoku at 2:17 was one of the most creative/intelligent plays I've seen Coley run since he's been here.

it's almost like people forget how awful the teams that we've played so far actually are.

The one pass Kaaya missed is the one area he MUST work on. That overthrow of Yearby that would have put us up 21-0 was hideous. He needs to get better at throwing on the move. But really, that's about the only weakness in his game, and one he will get fixed.

His strength is throwing from the pocket, like all our NC QBs. He doesn't throw well on the move and probably will never. They will mess this kid up and give him happy feet if they insist on making him throw on the run because other do. His has the higher level skill already, pocket ability, that is getting rarer and rarer in college. It is bad enough they have him stuck back in the gun after he made major self-effort to become better under center. Brad is the first Miami type QB we have touched since Ken, let's not ***** the kid up trying to make him into something else. Isn't it enough watching Golden waste all the local D talent doing the same thing.

Advertisement
We need to get Njoku more involved. Big athletic TE is a HUGE mismatch. We really have some weapons.

Go Canes!

Kaaya needs also to acquire confidence and cool when under pressure; pressure that's inevitable. Hard to do when you're quite slight in frame and not mobile. He has to work on bulking muscle mass on all the legs muscles. Upper body muscle mass is more complex to add as one might lose some of one's " touch" and flexibility if the gain is not carefully monitored by not only the S&C trainer but the QB coach as well. With the added complex & quality bulk, Kaaya would have more confidence when contact with DLs is unavoidable, and certainly less fazed by these rushers when being forced to throw after being flushed, and on the run.

Oh, that's a fundamental but BIG weakness.

Advertisement
I hope he stays all four years.
But have a feeling he will be gone after his Junior year. Kid has the potential to be the best Qb in Miami history.

Lmao did you guys see how many deep balls he connected on last season? That's one of his strengths imo

Advertisement
Deep balls horrible?..... LMAO... He just help make Dorsett an 1st round pick with the deepball last year..... Throwing on the move is his weakness and Im sure he knows that.... I think we're still playing vanilla ball and will continue to show more everyweek ..... I think we slow the game down with runs this week , all three backs should see the field.....

I wouldn't say his deep ball are horrible, more inconsistent

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back