Kaaya

We had over 500 yards of offense and 44 points. What is everyone complaining about? I only have two complaints about the O. First is the lack of execution on third down. If we had been even average on third down we end up with 60+ points. Second is what appears to be a very bad offensive line. I am afraid that weakness will be increasingly exposed as the season continues.

All the other *****ing is a bunch of bull****.

The defense is another story... We've got some serious problems there.

Everyone is *****ing because for those that really watched the game, they saw that we struggled through 3 quarters both offensively and defensively against a team we should have had backups in by halftime. Lets not forget that this lesser team was down to their backup QB (taking his first career snaps) and RB. If they don't fumble 3 times on a short field for us, we might not have been talking about a win at the end of the day.
Our defense caused all those turnovers. So what happened is not because of luck. So many missed tackles and Crawford killed the defense. Thank god for carter and Jenkins. Secondary except Crawford continues to be the defense strongest points.

That's the point!!!!!!! Miami at our lowest point should not need turnovers with good field postion from FAU to win the game. This game should have been in hand long before that.
Turnovers change games. Defenses that cause turnovers are great defenses. Not saying we are but give them the credit for the win. They won us that game. Thats my point

FAU did us a lot of favors regarding those turnovers. Shoot, two of those turnovers came on positive offensive plays. If Jamal Carter doesn't knock that RB out FAU gets a first down on 3rd and forever.

Advertisement
Everyone is *****ing because for those that really watched the game, they saw that we struggled through 3 quarters both offensively and defensively against a team we should have had backups in by halftime. Lets not forget that this lesser team was down to their backup QB (taking his first career snaps) and RB. If they don't fumble 3 times on a short field for us, we might not have been talking about a win at the end of the day.
Our defense caused all those turnovers. So what happened is not because of luck. So many missed tackles and Crawford killed the defense. Thank god for carter and Jenkins. Secondary except Crawford continues to be the defense strongest points.

That's the point!!!!!!! Miami at our lowest point should not need turnovers with good field postion from FAU to win the game. This game should have been in hand long before that.
Turnovers change games. Defenses that cause turnovers are great defenses. Not saying we are but give them the credit for the win. They won us that game. Thats my point

FAU did us a lot of favors regarding those turnovers. Shoot, two of those turnovers came on positive offensive plays. If Jamal Carter doesn't knock that RB out FAU gets a first down on 3rd and forever.
And Jamal Carter was in the perfect spot to make the play and executed a perfect hit under the chin to cause a fumble. Pessimist

And Jamal Carter was in the perfect spot to make the play and executed a perfect hit under the chin to cause a fumble. Pessimist

WTF is the "perfect spot", 20 yards down field?

You act like the coordinator was a genius by putting Carter there. He was playing deep Safety. He was the last line of defense on that play because the RB had parted our whole defensive unit.

If anybody other than that savage is playing Safety on that play, it's a first down for the offense.

The defense didn't create that turnover, Carter's savagery did. You can't chalk that one up to scheme. If I'm the DC on that play (which I have been during situations like that) I'm wiping the sweat from my forehead and thanking Jamal Carter.

Look around the state of play at qb this weekend ( big 3)
Kaaya Miami 21-32 1 td 0ints 288 yards
Gholson fsu 11-22 1td 0ints 163yards
Grier uf 10-17 2td 1int 1 fumble 151 yards
Harris UF 5-8 54 yards 0 ints 0 tds

Yet you people still think kaaya regressed smh...

Advertisement

You act like the coordinator was a genius by putting Carter there. He was playing deep Safety. He was the last line of defense on that play because the RB had parted our whole defensive unit.

If anybody other than that savage is playing Safety on that play, it's a first down for the offense.

The defense didn't create that turnover, Carter's savagery did. You can't chalk that one up to scheme. If I'm the DC on that play (which I have been during situations like that) I'm wiping the sweat from my forehead and thanking Jamal Carter.

he may have been the last line of defense but I still contend he should not have been making contact at 15-20yds, whatever it was. reading his key should have had him there around 10yds minimum. it was a give up play for crying out loud. read your keys and run to the football.

Never once said scheme. The defense im referring to is the players. The players won the game and the ones on defense at that. Burns, Jenkins, and Carter.

Good point
You know the game
These dweebs on this forum wouldn't know what a bubble screen was if the announcer didn't mention it during the game. I get so amused reading comments from fans that think they know the game but don't know ****...lol
Y'all need to stick to being couch coaches and playing Madden on play station.
Keep it up !!
Y'all are entertaining *** **** in these forums
😂😂😂😂

No offense works without the right principles and coaching points. Regardless of what you run, it has to be coached right. Coley can't organize a good Pro Style or a good Spread. The principles aren't there.

I agree and don't wholly disagree with your previous post about it working for us right now. As I just replied to cane since berth, I don't completely hate the spread element. I just dislike primarily being a spread offense. I'd always take a pro style over a spread, but I think the ability to implement spread elements are important for when you need them.

You still haven't given a reason as to why, though.

I can tell you a bunch of reasons why I prefer the spread. And that's coming from a DC.

I said it earlier, they tend to look soft and get smacked in the mouth by more physical teams and generally due to running at a high tempo wear out their own defense. Urban Meyer teams are an exception here. It gets exciting because you find yourself in shootouts, but after awhile it gets to the perception (just like the Big 12 and Pac 12) that you are just playing inferior defenses which end up hurting you in the long run.

This is not an X and O thing. I'm not trying to pretend to know every in and out. I understand that it is a viable option and if run correctly (just like any offense) can be successful. I just personally don't like it for the reasons above and don't believe it would help us in the long run to primarily be a spread team. I ultimately think it would work against our selling point of pro canes as they would not adjust as easily to pro systems. Again not saying we couldn't still put kids in the pros or that it wouldn't work here, but it's just my opinion.

Ok, a few things about this...

1. Why would a scheme cause a team to be soft? What you're more than likely seeing is a difference in athletes. The only times where I' recall seeing the spread look soft is when they were playing against LSU and Auburn a few years ago, which at the time were loaded on defense. An Oregon offense is likely gonna look soft against an LSU, Auburn or Florida defense that's loaded with guys from the Southeast. It has nothing to do with scheme. Meyer's spread offenses never looked soft. Being soft is about personnel not scheme. You can run the same running plays out of the spread that you can out of the pro-style.

2. You don't have to run high tempo with the spread. They don't go hand and hand wither each other. Whipple ran a high tempo Pro Style. Right now Miami is running a slow tempo spread. Tempo and personnel have nothing to do with each other. FAU's high tempo spread caused all kinds of problems for our defense last night. Our guys couldn't get lined-up, they were tired, they couldn't get the defensive calls in time. The only defense that FAU's offense wore out was ours. (not their's)

3.Urban Meyer teams are the exception because of the athletes he recruits. Florida and Ohio State had studs on both sides of the ball during his tenure. (matter of fact, they were mostly on defense, as Meyer's offenses tend to make inferior offensive talent look better) Meyer has always had access to physical kids and elite defensive players.

The spread allows inferior players to succeed via match-ups. It allows less-talented QB's to succeed. It helps less-physical O-lines establish a running attack. A lot easier to run the ball when the defense only has 5 or 6 defenders in the box. A lot of easier for a QB to read what coverage the defense is in when they're all spread out.

Show me a Pro Style team that succeeds without superior talent. Alabama can run the Pro Style cause they always have elite talent at OL and RB. This causes defenses to stack the box and run Cover-3 (or Cover-1) which leaves CB's one-on-one with WR's like Amari Cooper.

You're not giving me a SCHEMATIC REASON as to why you prefer one over the other.

I never said it was a schematic reason, I said it was a preference that will ultimately hurt us in the end with pro style players (which currently is about the only selling point we have left). If it was a schematic reason, I would say it's not a viable option.

I already understand that its about mismatches and that it helps lesser qbs be more successful, but that is one of my biggest issues with it. Those lesser QB's get exposed against legitimate defenses, because they become over reliant on athleticism in spread options (I hate watching these QB's the most) and always want to run even when it's supposed to be a passing play. Those running just a straight spread will throw tons of picks and will lose you games against a real defense (again we are talking about lesser qbs). Keep in mind Cam Newton type qbs are not just falling out of the sky.

As far as being soft, I already said Meyer is the exception because he recruits physical players. I understand this point is about the players you bring in. Meyer's success comes with big physical QBs like Tebow and Cardale. That's why them losing Cam Newton at UF was a big blow to them while he was there, because he didn't have a guy to replace that. But, Meyer is an elite coach that can make it work with small fast athletes as well. Let's not act like we just have a handful of Urban Meyer's hanging out ready to come to Miami.

**** we wouldn't even have a Chip Kelly or a Mark Helfrich or Art Briles and when one of those guys do pop up, the right school has to give them the opportunity and they have to generally want to go there. As good as their teams are, they are generally finesse, not physical. Also, I do understand the same principle applies to pro style coaches. You say that an Oregon will look soft against an LSU, but when you're at a championship level, you are going to play teams like that.

I also understand you don't have to run uptempo, but as I said before, most of these teams do run uptempo. Again Meyer is an exception. You mention Whipple with a high tempo pro style, but god it was often hard to tell if Jacory just loved throwing bombs that he didn't have the arm for or was that what Whipple wanted to call. I feel like it was partly on Whipple wanted to call it which is why he wanted Morris who could actually fit. As far as FAU, their drives were not 4 or 5 play drives. They were sustained drives with some big plays. Furthermore, their defense wasn't going to get worn out when they are forcing us into 3 and outs or short drives. I believe we were 1 for 7 on third downs at one point. Our guys on the other hand were tired because they were facing sustained drives, followed by a short offensive drive and right back no the field (the same result as if we were running a successful uptempo offense).

Again Urban Meyer is an exception not just because he recruits physical players. He's the exception, because he's an elite coach that knows what players are going to win him championships. There's a reason Urban is one of the only coaches who is winning titles with the spread (Malzahn could enter that picture of elite spread coaches though). Urban has a physical offense as well as always has a great defense and as you mentioned he controls the tempo.

Lastly, you point out that it makes lesser players players better and that pro style teams need good players. Guess what, at the University of Miami, we get good players. We are in the best recruiting ground in the US. We even get good players in the trenches as is evidenced by the guys we have been putting in the NFL. So we have the good players needed to make a pro style work. Why change to a system that's best at making lesser player look good when we don't have lesser players? We don't need that. I want to have a team that forces players to stack the box leaving guys 1 on 1 with Amari Cooper. We need to be at the point where we always have the guys like Amari Cooper again, a guy who came out of our back yard. How many teams in college truly have superior talent than us? This is the worst we have been in a very long time and we are still arguably more talented than 80% of the country and 95% of the teams we actually play. We just don't have the coaching to be successful and switching to the spread won't fix that.

Advertisement
Just like baseball...coley probably trying to teach him his bull**** and not let the kid sling it the way that is most comfortable to him

Any past QB here would've been happy with his completion percentage and yardage against whatever doormat they played. Sure, you could wish for another TD or two, but it's tough to knock a kid with those numbers IMHO.

This is what a bunch of people have been crying for around here. Spread offense is ****ing lame. With that said, it does lead to more "exciting" offense.

The spread is not lame, and it has nothing to do with our issues. Baylor's spread isn't lame. USC's spread isn't lame. Oregon's spread isn't lame. COLEY CAN'T COACH. That's the problem.

Matter of fact, the spread has actually HELPED us run the ball so far this season. With the way our OL is playing we would no doubt have issue trying to run the ball if we lined up in 21 personnel (under center).

I never said the spread was our issue and that you can't win with it. All I said is that I'm not a fan of it. I completely agree Coley is the issue with our offense and I've been saying that since year 1 when everyone tried to place all the blame on Morris.

I completely understand the spread is a viable option and wins games for many coaches which is why it is so widely used. I understand there are fundamentals and proper gameplanning involved. Please don't twist or misunderstand what I'm saying. I know you love the spread and that's great, but it's not my preference and I understand it's not the problem with our team.

With that said, you named a bunch of spread teams who have not won a title running the spread. Sure they are getting wins, but with exception to Urban Meyer, most have not been able to take it all the way to a title win.

Who cares if its a gimmick plug and play thing, it brings wins thats all that matters, thats how you win now a days is playing spread, and OSU won a national title with a spread option, oregon was there with the spread, TCU, baylor, most of the top ten with the spread, so yea it works

Did you read my post at all? I understand coaches are winning with it. There are coaches winning without it too. Let's look at the recent champs. FSU- pro style. Alabama(3 titles) - pro style. Auburn - Spread. Ohio St - Spread.

Many spread teams try to take advantage of the mismatches and athleticism with an uptempo offense. The down side is they tend to wear out their defenses. It's the biggest problem the Big 12 had when the SEC had their championship runs. Their offenses would score quick and their defenses would get wore out (which so many just said it was because the defenses sucked but ignore how much time those defenses spent on the field).

Spread will win you games, but oftentimes it seems like they struggle when they run into a good physical team (why I feel they are soft). The exception is when the spread team also is physical, such as any good Urban Meyer team which is he wins championships with it and others generally don't.

Just like I told Macho, yes those teams are winning games and that's great, but it's not the only way to win as you are suggesting. There are plenty of pro style teams that win as well.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't mind elements of a spread in an offense. I see the benefits, but I also believe you don't have to be exclusively a spread team. I feel that a pro style team with spread elements or the ability to go into a spread is best. I don't want to be Florida where all our guys don't do **** in the pros. I tend to to see the pro style guys with more success in the pros since that's primarily what is run in the pros.

I read your post just trying to sell ya on it lol, you have a fair point to it, honestly as a fan i care about wins, what they do in the NFL is kinda not so important, but we are starting to see the spread come into the NFL slowly, to me from what i have seen the game evolve to especially in college is who can score the most points, looking at the teams in the final 4, 2 main offense is the spread option, the other 2 have spread in their offense, imo its all about offense now a days in college, the power of defense isnt as strong, baylors defense isnt really as dynamic and isnt loaded with studs, but they are aggressive and try to get the ball back into their offenses hands thats the key to winning in college

I agree and don't wholly disagree with your previous post about it working for us right now. As I just replied to cane since berth, I don't completely hate the spread element. I just dislike primarily being a spread offense. I'd always take a pro style over a spread, but I think the ability to implement spread elements are important for when you need them.

I can tell you a bunch of reasons why I prefer the spread. And that's coming from a DC.

I said it earlier, they tend to look soft and get smacked in the mouth by more physical teams and generally due to running at a high tempo wear out their own defense. Urban Meyer teams are an exception here. It gets exciting because you find yourself in shootouts, but after awhile it gets to the perception (just like the Big 12 and Pac 12) that you are just playing inferior defenses which end up hurting you in the long run.

This is not an X and O thing. I'm not trying to pretend to know every in and out. I understand that it is a viable option and if run correctly (just like any offense) can be successful. I just personally don't like it for the reasons above and don't believe it would help us in the long run to primarily be a spread team. I ultimately think it would work against our selling point of pro canes as they would not adjust as easily to pro systems. Again not saying we couldn't still put kids in the pros or that it wouldn't work here, but it's just my opinion.

1. Why would a scheme cause a team to be soft? What you're more than likely seeing is a difference in athletes. The only times where I' recall seeing the spread look soft is when they were playing against LSU and Auburn a few years ago, which at the time were loaded on defense. An Oregon offense is likely gonna look soft against an LSU, Auburn or Florida defense that's loaded with guys from the Southeast. It has nothing to do with scheme. Meyer's spread offenses never looked soft. Being soft is about personnel not scheme. You can run the same running plays out of the spread that you can out of the pro-style.

2. You don't have to run high tempo with the spread. They don't go hand and hand wither each other. Whipple ran a high tempo Pro Style. Right now Miami is running a slow tempo spread. Tempo and personnel have nothing to do with each other. FAU's high tempo spread caused all kinds of problems for our defense last night. Our guys couldn't get lined-up, they were tired, they couldn't get the defensive calls in time. The only defense that FAU's offense wore out was ours. (not their's)

3.Urban Meyer teams are the exception because of the athletes he recruits. Florida and Ohio State had studs on both sides of the ball during his tenure. (matter of fact, they were mostly on defense, as Meyer's offenses tend to make inferior offensive talent look better) Meyer has always had access to physical kids and elite defensive players.

The spread allows inferior players to succeed via match-ups. It allows less-talented QB's to succeed. It helps less-physical O-lines establish a running attack. A lot easier to run the ball when the defense only has 5 or 6 defenders in the box. A lot of easier for a QB to read what coverage the defense is in when they're all spread out.

Show me a Pro Style team that succeeds without superior talent. Alabama can run the Pro Style cause they always have elite talent at OL and RB. This causes defenses to stack the box and run Cover-3 (or Cover-1) which leaves CB's one-on-one with WR's like Amari Cooper.

You're not giving me a SCHEMATIC REASON as to why you prefer one over the other.

I never said it was a schematic reason, I said it was a preference that will ultimately hurt us in the end with pro style players (which currently is about the only selling point we have left). If it was a schematic reason, I would say it's not a viable option.

I already understand that its about mismatches and that it helps lesser qbs be more successful, but that is one of my biggest issues with it. Those lesser QB's get exposed against legitimate defenses, because they become over reliant on athleticism in spread options (I hate watching these QB's the most) and always want to run even when it's supposed to be a passing play. Those running just a straight spread will throw tons of picks and will lose you games against a real defense (again we are talking about lesser qbs). Keep in mind Cam Newton type qbs are not just falling out of the sky.

As far as being soft, I already said Meyer is the exception because he recruits physical players. I understand this point is about the players you bring in. Meyer's success comes with big physical QBs like Tebow and Cardale. That's why them losing Cam Newton at UF was a big blow to them while he was there, because he didn't have a guy to replace that. But, Meyer is an elite coach that can make it work with small fast athletes as well. Let's not act like we just have a handful of Urban Meyer's hanging out ready to come to Miami.

**** we wouldn't even have a Chip Kelly or a Mark Helfrich or Art Briles and when one of those guys do pop up, the right school has to give them the opportunity and they have to generally want to go there. As good as their teams are, they are generally finesse, not physical. Also, I do understand the same principle applies to pro style coaches. You say that an Oregon will look soft against an LSU, but when you're at a championship level, you are going to play teams like that.

I also understand you don't have to run uptempo, but as I said before, most of these teams do run uptempo. Again Meyer is an exception. You mention Whipple with a high tempo pro style, but god it was often hard to tell if Jacory just loved throwing bombs that he didn't have the arm for or was that what Whipple wanted to call. I feel like it was partly on Whipple wanted to call it which is why he wanted Morris who could actually fit. As far as FAU, their drives were not 4 or 5 play drives. They were sustained drives with some big plays. Furthermore, their defense wasn't going to get worn out when they are forcing us into 3 and outs or short drives. I believe we were 1 for 7 on third downs at one point. Our guys on the other hand were tired because they were facing sustained drives, followed by a short offensive drive and right back no the field (the same result as if we were running a successful uptempo offense).

Again Urban Meyer is an exception not just because he recruits physical players. He's the exception, because he's an elite coach that knows what players are going to win him championships. There's a reason Urban is one of the only coaches who is winning titles with the spread (Malzahn could enter that picture of elite spread coaches though). Urban has a physical offense as well as always has a great defense and as you mentioned he controls the tempo.

Lastly, you point out that it makes lesser players players better and that pro style teams need good players. Guess what, at the University of Miami, we get good players. We are in the best recruiting ground in the US. We even get good players in the trenches as is evidenced by the guys we have been putting in the NFL. So we have the good players needed to make a pro style work. Why change to a system that's best at making lesser player look good when we don't have lesser players? We don't need that. I want to have a team that forces players to stack the box leaving guys 1 on 1 with Amari Cooper. We need to be at the point where we always have the guys like Amari Cooper again, a guy who came out of our back yard. How many teams in college truly have superior talent than us? This is the worst we have been in a very long time and we are still arguably more talented than 80% of the country and 95% of the teams we actually play. We just don't have the coaching to be successful and switching to the spread won't fix that.

Yea it would, with the team we have now we need the spread, we dont have the elite players bama has, even bama has trouble with their offense at times and go to a spread offense, but imagine our talent and talent in SoFl with the spread, i know kids down here love it and wanna play in it, i know elite kids that love the oregon offense but dont go because its in oregon, you mention the softness, i see oregon too but outside of them, i dont see it, baylor isnt a soft team, neither is TCU, its what macho is saying its how you teach it and your philosophy

Advertisement
No one has anything to say about how he's regressed? Mechanics are different and his accuracy is way off compared to last year.

His accuracy is way off? He's completing passes at a higher percentage than last year. Are you redefining accuracy?

1. Again, it's not the scheme that makes Oregon look soft against elite defenses, IT'S THE PLAYERS. Oregon doesn't have the horses that LSU, Bama or OSU do. You actually think that Miami would become a soft team simply cause they decide to line-up in the gun with four WR's every play? Makes zero sense. Physicality is about mentality. Again, THE SAME EXACTLY RUNNING PLAYS THAT YOU RUN IN THE PRO-STYLE CAN BE RUN WITHIN THE SPREAD. (power, iso, counter, etc)

2. It's not the spread offense that causes inferior QB's to get exposed against good defenses, it's the difference in talent. Majority of the good spread teams in this country are teams with slightly inferior talent. When Oregon plays against an LSU defense with four future NFL DB's then they're gonna have issues. Oregon isn't lining up with four future NFL receivers like Miami would. I don't see too many people exposing Meyer's spread offenses because at both of his recent coaching stops he's had NFL players at the skill position.

3. It's harder to play QB in the Pro-Style. That is all.

4. Apparently we don't get good enough players because we've struggled on offense since the early 2000's. (largely due to the fact that we've had trouble finding a QB for the scheme) With the Pro-Style offense you need a great QB. If you can't find that guy that can take snaps under center and read defenses while dropping back, you're doomed. It's much harder to find guys for the Pro-Style (down here) than it is to find guys for the Spread. The Pro-Style needs mauling O-linemen, a legit receiving threat at TE, a beast Fullback and a great QB. It's a talent-based system. It simply doesn't work without the talent. A spread offense can excel with inferior players. We see it all over the country. We even see it in the NFL. Do you think Julian Edelman would be who he is if he played outside in a Pro-Style offense and had to be matched-up with every defense's #1 CB? (**** no)

5. Who cares about leaving guys one-on-one with Amari Cooper when I can line-up with four WR's and have guys one-on-one with four future NFL receivers? How 'bout forcing a defense to go one-on-one with Allen Hurns, Stacy Coley and Phillip Dorsett at the same time with Duke coming out of the backfield? Instead, you wanna run a Pro-Style and hope that you come across a talent like Amari Cooper?

6. Majority of the key pieces that made our Pro-Style so successful over the years weren't even from our main recruiting ground. We had to recruit far and wide to make it work. That's becoming harder to do. Why fight an uphill battle when you can run the spread and reload your offense with South Florida kids EVERY YEAR? That's what scheme every kid down here wants to play in. West Virgina's offense was deadly with South Florida kids. Clemson's offense excels with Florida kids. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO RUN AN OFFENSE THAT NO HIGH SCHOOLS IN YOUR MAIN RECRUITING REGION RUN! Your schemes on offense and defense should reflect your main recruiting ground. It's like that all over the country.

Finally...

7. From a Defensive Coordinator's perspective, the spread offense is hard to defend, and it's not even close. Unless you have studs at QB, RB and O-line the Pro-Style offense doesn't propose any problems for a DC. I can also disguise my defense easier against the Pro-Style. The spread offense SCHEMATICALLY is hard to prepare for. Nothing about the Pro-Style is hard to prepare for.

Your whole argument as to why you prefer the Pro-Style is purely subjective. I need to hear a schematic reason as to why the Pro is better, not some generic answer like "the spread is soft".

Advertisement
I was literally just talking to a few of my coaching buddies about this today...one of which just won Broward County Head Coach of the Year last season and had the #2 ranked offense in all of South Florida. (at a school with inferior talent)

We all agreed that the spread is what's actually helping Miami run the ball right now. If we lined-up in Pro-Style (21 pesonnel) with this O-line we wouldn't be able to run the ball at all. Defenses would load the box and we don't have the talent up-front to push them around. Being in the spread has forced defenses to play 2-high coverage which leaves them with only 5 or 6 defenders in the box. It also has allowed us to isolate Yearby with Linebackers.

I was literally just talking to a few of my coaching buddies about this today...one of which just won Broward County Head Coach of the Year last season and had the #2 ranked offense in all of South Florida. (at a school with inferior talent)

We all agreed that the spread is what's actually helping Miami run the ball right now. If we lined-up in Pro-Style (21 pesonnel) with this O-line we wouldn't be able to run the ball at all. Defenses would load the box and we don't have the talent up-front to push them around. Being in the spread has forced defenses to play 2-high coverage which leaves them with only 5 or 6 defenders in the box. It also has allowed us to isolate Yearby with Linebackers.

Until we play FSU and they go cover-1 and send 5, or go zone (but their underneath defenders pattern-match) and get pressure with 4. Still, we have no choice to operate out of spread formations.

Scary part is, our WRs have not shown the ability to separate...other than Coley LULZ. If they don't show it against that awful secondary of Nebraska's (they suck), then I see no reason why certain Coastal teams wouldn't roll the dice on defense against us (leave their scary **** and start sending pressure). In-fact, Tenuta over at Virginia loves to send blitzes and our offense stunk against them.

Last edited:

Until we play FSU and they go cover-1 and send 5, or go zone (but their underneath defenders pattern-match) and get pressure with 4. Still, we have no choice to operate out of spread formations.

Scary part is, our WRs have not shown the ability to separate...other than Coley LULZ. If they don't show it against that awful secondary of Nebraska's (they suck), then I see no reason why certain Coastal teams wouldn't roll the dice on defense against us (leave their scary **** and start sending pressure). In-fact, Tenuta over at Virginia loves to send blitzes and our offense stunk against them.

Yup. Spot on dude.

If I'm looking at Miami's offense right now I'm going single-high. WR's haven't shown any ability to separate from coverage.

Advertisement
Back