Kaaya has not won the "big game"

brock

All-American
Is this complaint now dead from the naysayers? This was arguably miami's most important win in the past 10 years.

Look I know the victory wasn't one over fsu but it's not like he has played terrible against fsu at all in his career to the point where we lost because of him. In fact he kept us in all of those games. With that being said this is miami's most important win in the past 10 years. For one it was on a national stage at one of the best bowl games outside of the New Years six bowls. Everyone was watching Miami dismantle wvu. Also against a 10-2 top 15 or 16 ranked wvu team who had a high powered offense and and good dbs. Kaaya showed perseverance after having 6 straight 3 and outs he caught fire and they couldn't stop him. He toyed with their defense from the second quarter on. Im glad that he was able to deliver and to me he showed something last night that many didn't think he was capable of doing even some of his supporters... Finally it sent a message that defense is back in coral gables as we dominated one of the most prolific offenses in football and we put on a showcase for how young and talented Miami is with the young players absolutely balling out. We definitely flexed our muscle that Miami is on the way back and put college football on notice. This win will help with recruiting and perception as we finally won a bowl game after 10 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
proxy.php

This was his biggest win. Does it equal beating FSU or leading a game winning drive? No. Does it matter enough to warrant a new thread either way? No. Will we be better with him as RB next year? Yes, despite his faults.

Advertisement
Come on broke , slow down. It was a nice win but that don't make up for three years on inconsistency

This wasn't a big win. It was a really GOOD win, but a BIG win would be one that wins the Coastal, wins the ACC, or beats FSU. This was a quality win for sure, for a lot of reasons, but when it comes to UM football, and where we all want to be, this was not "big".

If I were an NFL scout watching this game, I'd give more credit to the D than to Brad Kaaya. Kaaya played well for three quarters, but come on... WVU wasn't all that.

I simply can't look at this game and say, "Brad Kaaya finally got his signature big win". I just can't do it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes because the way he played the first quarter these Nelleys would have had five threads talking about Kaaya's failure to win yet another big game!!!!

Advertisement
Yes because the way he played the first quarter these Nelleys would have had five threads talking about Kaaya's failure to win yet another big game!!!!

Exactly, he got his head out of his a55 and finished the game very good. From the second quarter on he was like 18-20 with 4 touchdowns 250 yards or so

WVU was an important first step but this game wouldn't even crack the top50 of biggest UM games. If Kayaa is content with this being biggest moment at UM then i'm content with him leaving. No disrespect to him. Wish he would come back and put himself into the UM hall of fame with a huge 2017.

Advertisement
Back