Kaaya did an interview with a UCLA site...

Bottom line is the chance of him flipping is the same as just about any other recruit. When there are two schools involved, it's 50/50. With three, the odds go to 33%. Point being, unless you are his parents or have known him all your life, you have no idea what he will do. You don't know what his word means to him or what might sway him. It's the same each and every year. Kids flip to us, kids flip from us to others. Not a knock on LeBrow's analytical skills or his reporting abilities, He_Just_Doesn't_Know. Nor does anyone else on this board or anyone on a UCLA board.

The only exception I would see to this would be someone like Ray Jr or Chick. When their family is part of the U, their commitment usually is pretty solid.

Advertisement
Peter - Don't be so sure UCLA has a powerful base in Los Angeles that's actually a lot larger than USC's. They've been down and out in football but seem to be making strives to correct that and could become a major national factor again. UCLA has more NCAA championships than any other university.

Downside is they play over an hour away at the Rose Bowl and have terrible fan support largely due to the distance and the fact they have a huge Oriental student enrollment and they don't follow football. Kaaya would be right at home in Miami's passing system and have great receivers here.

Orientals don't follow football? I couldn't say as I don't know any. I know a lot of Asians and we all seem to love football.

Peter - Don't be so sure UCLA has a powerful base in Los Angeles that's actually a lot larger than USC's. They've been down and out in football but seem to be making strives to correct that and could become a major national factor again. UCLA has more NCAA championships than any other university.

Downside is they play over an hour away at the Rose Bowl and have terrible fan support largely due to the distance and the fact they have a huge Oriental student enrollment and they don't follow football. Kaaya would be right at home in Miami's passing system and have great receivers here.

You're right, if you want to win a national championship in Volleyball, Water Polo or Softball, then you go to UCLA. They're one of the best in country in that area. They have 1 NC in football from 1954. Just because they have 19 NC's in volleyball, doesn't mean that's going to seal the deal for top level football recruits when you pitch them all the NC's that OTHER programs have won.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208268616&DB_OEM_ID=30500&DB_OEM_ID=30500

Advertisement
Im 90% confident that Brad Kaaya will be in this class.

The other half of me thinks otherwise.

Sincerely,

YogiBerraCane

Blackvern loves to talk up any possible negative angle yet downplays anything that might be construed as a positive (like saying he doesn't believe the weight gains some of our guys have made) when it comes to the Canes under Golden. This is him after finding the UCLA article mentioning Kaaya:

79.gif
This^^^^

Advertisement
Did that really just happen?!?! We now have furniture enrolling into colleges?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in the minority, but it would be funny if Alin ended up staying committed and BK and Rosier left.. Nothing and I mean nothing surprises me in recruiting anymore.

Blackvern loves to talk up any possible negative angle yet downplays anything that might be construed as a positive (like saying he doesn't believe the weight gains some of our guys have made) when it comes to the Canes under Golden. This is him after finding the UCLA article mentioning Kaaya:

79.gif

Lulz questioning a guy who gained 17 pounds in 2 months...If that makes me a negative nancy so be it.. We've heard for the last 5 years how bigger our guys have been .. I specifically remember ex players saying we look like an NFL team and then proceeded to watch us to get our **** pushed in during the season.. So excuse me for questioning another preseason hype machine led by Miami Hurricane Media..

Advertisement
Back