Kaaya did an interview with a UCLA site...

"even if the bruins offer he is still a solid commit" so im trying to figure out how this is bad? or gives the indication of him leaving? if you want to pick apart what kids say in interviews

Advertisement
Peter - Don't be so sure UCLA has a powerful base in Los Angeles that's actually a lot larger than USC's. They've been down and out in football but seem to be making strives to correct that and could become a major national factor again. UCLA has more NCAA championships than any other university.

Downside is they play over an hour away at the Rose Bowl and have terrible fan support largely due to the distance and the fact they have a huge Oriental student enrollment and they don't follow football. Kaaya would be right at home in Miami's passing system and have great receivers here.

94.jpg

Two Threads in Three Days?!? Please don't tell me this is gonna be a habit.

Advertisement
I've talked to him about it. He's not going anywhere.

With all due respect, how the **** do you honestly know

OP posts an article and follows it up by eloquently saying "If/when UCLA offer ...he gone"

Then Pete, who has spoken to Kaaya on numerous occasions says, "I've talked to him about it. He's not going anywhere."

And your natural reaction is to attack Pete for his statement? What type of backwards world do you live in where two confidently communicated statements are made- one by a guy who only posts when it's bad news and only read an article with a quote in it and the other by a guy who has surely spoken with the topic of conversation on numerous occasions (likely both on and off the record) - and you choose to question Pete's?

Advertisement
I've talked to him about it. He's not going anywhere.

With all due respect, how the **** do you honestly know

I think the first line he said, "I've talked to him about it." Kid is the most solid recruit in our class. Nothing to see here at all.

So what if they've talked about it, this is recruiting.

Lets say a kid from Miami, grew up a cane fan like us, gets over looked by UM his junior year in HS but UCLA offers him and see his potential, offer, he commits. Kid gets seen by AG a couple times his senior year and offer him....

Your telling me kids not going to The U?

The kid & his parents have been actively recruiting for Miami since he committed. Will you ******* whiny *** ******* quit with the soft shoulder bull**** & man the **** up already? God**** we got some ignorant as mother****ers on the board as fans......smfh

Long time between now and NSD... People need to relax. If this is going to happen every time a rumor comes up about one of our commits, this should make for a fun fall, winter, and spring!!!

Advertisement
UCLA had many opportunities to offer Kaaya. UM did, he committed and has been on the recruiting trail for UM since. I don't see Mora as a longterm HC at UCLA with his NFL HC experience.

Advertisement
One thing that should give us hope is that this kid seemed to build his loyalty to us because of how we treated him. He seems big on the fact that WE found him, believed in him, offered him first, and stood by him. Im hoping that is going to keep him on board. That he knows he was our top choice, that we picked him for the dance, before all the Johnny Come Lately's decided to give him a look. Moreover, he was a key choice for us, not an afterthought that got offered late by another program because someone else fell through.

Blackvern loves to talk up any possible negative angle yet downplays anything that might be construed as a positive (like saying he doesn't believe the weight gains some of our guys have made) when it comes to the Canes under Golden. This is him after finding the UCLA article mentioning Kaaya:

79.gif

Last edited:
He's all cane! Not worried he's been recruiting for us like a freecen coach would. Really doubt a kid like that flips to a different school

Advertisement
Back