Juwan Howard

This is definitely a fireable offense. This isn't his first time involved in some post game controversy either. Seems like every year he's been at Michigan he's had some sort of run in with opposing coaches. If this had happened in the pro ranks it'd probably just be a suspension and they'd move on. But because of the world we live in today and it happening at the collegiate level, I just don't see them sweeping it under the rug. A lot of eyes are on the Big 10 and the Univ of Michigan right now. Right or wrong pressure will be put on them to act swiftly and sternly.
No, it's not fireable. The scales of justice say so. Also, the Whiskey Coach bares responsibility as an instigator. A stiff suspension yes, "fired" no.

Advertisement
No, it's not fireable. The scales of justice say so. Also, the Whiskey Coach bares responsibility as an instigator. A stiff suspension yes, "fired" no.
It absolutely is a fireable offense. Do I think he should be fired? No, not at all. But do I think a school has the right to fire their coach for fighting on the court? **** yeah they do!

And yes, I agree with you on Gard. He should've definitely gotten some kind of suspension as well. Can't put your hands on another man in that kind of situation and not expect a response. Can't do it. And to make matters worse, I think it's BS that Wisconsin is paying his $10k fine.

Juwan is pretty low-key on the bench (compared with most other coaches I've seen). In that sense, his actions seem a bit out of character for him. His suspension length seems about right to me.

A big add'l "punishment," of course, is that he'll now be coaching under a microscope. Any little transgression will be caught and exploited. How many things did Bob Knight do that basically were swept under the rug during his career. Talk about an out-of-control coach who was no role model.

No, hitting a player is not ok. I clearly said it wasn't. What I did say is peer confrontations are common place. Coach v Coach and Player v Player.

You wouldn't be calling for Mario's job if he had done something similar. Opinions all depend on the lenses you're looking thru.

Mario wouldn't hit another coach. This isn't the first time Juwan has lost his temper either.

And it's not that I'm "calling for someone's job", I'm simply saying that this kind of behavior merits firing. I am not saying that every guy will be fired in every situation, I'm just saying that should be the outcome most of the time.

Mario wouldn't hit another coach. This isn't the first time Juwan has lost his temper either.

And it's not that I'm "calling for someone's job", I'm simply saying that this kind of behavior merits firing. I am not saying that every guy will be fired in every situation, I'm just saying that should be the outcome most of the time.
Yeah throwing a punch as a coach is very extreme. I think 5 games suspension is not enough. Should include the postseason. Imagine an assistant throwing a punch. Would be gone in a second.

Advertisement
It absolutely is a fireable offense. Do I think he should be fired? No, not at all. But do I think a school has the right to fire their coach for fighting on the court? **** yeah they do!

And yes, I agree with you on Gard. He should've definitely gotten some kind of suspension as well. Can't put your hands on another man in that kind of situation and not expect a response. Can't do it. And to make matters worse, I think it's BS that Wisconsin is paying his $10k fine.
You're right, I should have said it doesn't deserve "firing"

Advertisement
Back