Justin Renfrow

adding gilbert and renfrow brings in experience which means aqm, kamalu, etc arent relied on as heavily and allows them to develop at a slower pace.

Advertisement
Golden is creating a deep rotation. It might lack star power, but there is something to be said go being able to use guys like Renfrow and Derosier and Shayon in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and keep guys like Pierre and Porter and Chick fresh for the 4th. Hopefully lets us do the Davon Johnson redshirt plan with Moore and Grimble too.

Edit: and we might get Dye back late in the year to replenish the group.

Last edited:
Golden is creating a deep rotation. It might lack star power, but there is something to be said go being able to use guys like Renfrow and Derosier and Shayon in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and keep guys like Pierre and Porter and Chick fresh for the 4th.

And that's exactly what it's about. You're not going to have 8 Cortez Kennedy's, you just need solid, sturdy workman who can give you between 15-25 snaps a game( as back-up rotational guys)who wont get blown off the ball.

These guys also make sure that young guys( and UM had too many of them play heavy minutes before they were ready) to stay on the sideline

Golden is creating a deep rotation. It might lack star power, but there is something to be said go being able to use guys like Renfrow and Derosier and Shayon in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and keep guys like Pierre and Porter and Chick fresh for the 4th.

And that's exactly what it's about. You're not going to have 8 Cortez Kennedy's, you just need solid, sturdy workman who can give you between 15-25 snaps a game( as back-up rotational guys)who wont get blown off the ball.

These guys also make sure that young guys( and UM had too many of them play heavy minutes before they were ready) to stay on the sideline

This, this, and more this. K9 just gets it.

Exactly what it takes to build a team. Dopes are too caught up in collecting alleged talent and not enough in building a team.

Advertisement

Exactly what it takes to build a team. Dopes are too caught up in collecting alleged talent and not enough in building a team.

I'll take having 6 guys who fight and are interchangeable any time...destroys olives because there is no let up for 4 quarters. Beautiful thing, that.

Renfrow was the guy standing on the field that the Beast called David Gilbert.

37.jpg

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_renfrow_799840.html

lel, if that was david gilbert then we are going 0-12

Are you allowed to actively recruit graduated players like Gilbert and Suttles? It's odd how we're finding these guys unless we're searching them out. Seems that they are either from the area or in Renfrow case a guy that Golden must have seen in Philadelphia when he was at Temple.

Interesting question.

So this is what the reward is when Shalala went and told Al that the leash is off and go get it last summer! This guy is an animal! For Dmoney to say that we are still looking at MORE players OUTSIDE of Derosier, Kamalu, Suttles, and Renfrow that is just downright scary.

Question: Why do you think players are so willing to transfer here AFTER graduating from other schools? Do you think its the city that is the lure or the chance to play one more year for a good squad? Unless I missed something I dont see this often other then when Russell Wilson did it..U dont see happening at current powerhouses like LSU/ALA or ORE. Dont get me wrong I am happy as ****..Just seems like Al is using the "waiver wire" practice alot more then other teams..

Advertisement
Suttles isn't a graduate. He is a freshman who got kicked off the team. As far as Gilbert and Renfrow, they both left their programs in the spring. No longer affiliated with the teams. Just college students at that point. I don't think there is a rule in place about contacting kids who are about to graduate and are not part of a program.

Jassid82 I see it as a great indication of how these guys see this program trending and their faith in Coach Golden. There will come a time when we won't need as much help from the "waiver wire", but I'm certain that there are other programs that could use help that can't get it. Credit to this staff for making a known weakness into a potential strength in less than a year.

So this is what the reward is when Shalala went and told Al that the leash is off and go get it last summer! This guy is an animal! For Dmoney to say that we are still looking at MORE players OUTSIDE of Derosier, Kamalu, Suttles, and Renfrow that is just downright scary.

Question: Why do you think players are so willing to transfer here AFTER graduating from other schools? Do you think its the city that is the lure or the chance to play one more year for a good squad? Unless I missed something I dont see this often other then when Russell Wilson did it..U dont see happening at current powerhouses like LSU/ALA or ORE. Dont get me wrong I am happy as ****..Just seems like Al is using the "waiver wire" practice alot more then other teams..

Last edited:
Jassid82 I see it as a great indication of how these guys see this program trending and their faith in Coach Golden. There will come a time when we won't need as much help from the "waiver wire", but I'm certain that there are other programs that could use help that can't get it. Credit to this staff for making a known weakness into a potential strength in last than a year.

I think he looked at the roster and realized we need to manufacture depth on the d line because, for reasons already covered, we didn't have any. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
D$ - is the goal to operate at the full 85 this year? What are we at now with all the add-ons?

aside from the good idea of redshirting moore. isnt it time this staff tells grimble to move on? i mean he never,ever gets mentioned by the coaches as someone to watch. even corey king and earl moore always come up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back