Justin Renfrow

BlackKeysFan

Sophomore
Saw that herald article that says Justin Renfrow, a DT from UVA, will be enrolling. Anybody hear anything about this?

Advertisement
him, suttles and david gilbert apparently are all coming in. Heard Renfrow is a good run stopper as a back up. i think he was in London's doghouse.

Thats definately good news. Adding any RS Sr to the DT rotation with a pulse is a good move. I'd like to see him compete with Cory King and Moore for the 4th DT spot. Makes us better.

Gilbert is what it is, if he is healthy its a huge addition and if its not, free tuition for the kid and hopefully he can help coach up some of the younger guys.

Suttles is a wildcard, is he crazy? Is he even that good? we didn't recruit him that hard the first chance we got Love the footage and sounds like a nice story, I like a little crazy on the D-Line if they can channel it.

I'm a huge fan of picking up these 1 year guys. They are more mature and no risk, if we have the scholly to give.

6-6, 310 kid. Very athletic, thought about basketball as well. Was recruited as a 260 lb DE and grew like crazy.

He's never made an impact and has only 18 tackles in his career. Virginia is having all kinds of trouble at DT as well.

That said, his best game was probably his last, as he played very well against Virginia Tech.

This is nice news as his strength is said to be run stopping and he's a very good athlete for his size. Could definitely take that 4th DT spot in the rotation.

Renfrow was the guy standing on the field that the Beast called David Gilbert.

37.jpg

http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_renfrow_799840.html

Advertisement
Advertisement
He doesn't look like a FBS DT let alone a NT, Iike the baraka atkins assumption better. If it is him I say welcome and lets go young man.

I've always felt the best diagnosis of a player's ability comes when said player is wearing street clothes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll take as many 1-year guys as we can get on the DL. The depth is beyond critical, and one of them may surprise. It's a no downside gamble.

I am watching the replay of the UVA vs UM game from 2012 that is not Renfro unless he has lost 50 lbs. # 54 for UVA in that game is Curtis Porter huge. And will be a good pick up interms of being a space eater which is basically what he did, and he got pretty good pressure.

But AGAIN that can't Renfro unless something caused him to lose weight. I am thinking that is Derosier looking at those ankles.

Go Ganes

Renfro is #54 for UVA
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVI5PsjhU8[/video]

Last edited:
AT VIRGINIA

2012 - Appeared in all 12 of UVa's games ... made 11 tackles on the season ... made three tackles against Richmond ... made one stop against Penn State and two at Georgia Tech ... made one stop at TCU and two against Louisiana Tech ... made one stop at NC State. 2011 - Appeared in six of Virginia's 13 games ... saw time against William & Mary, Indiana, North Carolina, Southern Miss and Maryland ... had four tackles and 1.5 tackle for a loss ... had two stops against the Tribe and two more against the Tar Heels. 2010 - Appeared in four of Virginia's 12 games ... made collegiate debut against Richmond ... appeared in 15 total plays on defense ... also saw time against VMI, Florida State and North Carolina ... made three tackles ... registered first collegiate tackle against Richmond ... made two more stops against VMI. 2009 - Did not appear in any games in 2009 ... redshirted.

HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL

Imposing run stopper and pass rushing threat for coach Jeff Humble at William Penn Charter School ... also started at tight end ... 3 stars by Rivals and Scout ... ranked the No. 43 strongside defensive end by Rivals ... the nation's No. 43 defensive end according to ESPN ... No. 63 on Scout's East Hot 100 list ... Scout's No. 21 tight end nationally ... listed as the No. 15 player in Pennsylvania by SuperPrep and No. 20 by Rivals ... Harrisburg Patriot-News Platinum 33 ... first-team all-conference and second-team Philadelphia Daily News all-city as a senior ... Mini-Maxwell Award recipient given by the Maxwell Football Club of Philadelphia ... an accomplished basketball player ... hails from the same school as former UVa basketball great Sean Singletary.

I am watching the replay of the UVA vs UM game from 2012 that is not Renfro unless he has lost 50 lbs. # 54 for UVA in that game is Curtis Porter huge. And will be a good pick up interms of being a space eater which is basically what he did, and he got pretty good pressure.

But AGAIN that can't Renfro unless something caused him to lose weight. I am thinking that is Derosier looking at those ankles.

Go Ganes

Renfro is #54 for UVA
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJVI5PsjhU8[/video]

Never post those highlights again

Advertisement
Back