Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

I swore I remembered seeing on here someone saying that T will was the reason we were being considered. That would be sick if he was actually considering us even without Twill
That someone is me who mentioned it. I don’t personally believe Patke can pull perk but anything is possible and there is a connection between the two

Advertisement
How many no name kids has Clemson turned into highly productive stars during their run to greatness, especially at the LB position? Evaluation and development still matters the most. This kids is a very good take who has all the skills necessary. Just needs to be developed.
Those linebackers have also played behind some ridiculous front 4 players.
Im not a coaching guru but playing behind a bunch of nfl talent makes everyone look good.
Not excusing our play or evaluation at the position. But man those dlines they’ve had and still have are elite.

Gotta go with what I saw with my own eyes. Flagg was AT TIMES the most technically sound and disciplined linebacker on our D as an undersized true freshman.
I could also see that McCloud and Jennings were not it however many years into the program.
Give the kid a real offseason to develop. He should’ve never seen the field last year in a decent defense.

Advertisement
Lol perks current head coach who is also the RB coach (perk is the best RB in the district as well probably) Greg Rogers was a free safety at SFA (Where Patke played) but besides that they have a pretty cool relationship in general considering they’re also related 😂 perk and patke have spoken before. They like each other. That’s all I got
Tell Coach Rogers to throw his cuz a bone, even though Perkins is a 48 Oz. Ribeye....

Those linebackers have also played behind some ridiculous front 4 players.
Im not a coaching guru but playing behind a bunch of nfl talent makes everyone look good.
Not excusing our play or evaluation at the position. But man those dlines they’ve had and still have are elite.
We've had some pretty dang good Dlines here too, so...

Advertisement
We've had some pretty dang good Dlines here too, so...
Really? 2 first round draft picks that played 1 year each? Rj and Willis?
your gonna put that up against what they’ve recruited and out in the league.
Maybe Taylor now. But we haven’t had a Breese, Murphy or Lawrence on here for multiple years in a long time.
Pretty good is not elite

Really? 2 first round draft picks that played 1 year each? Rj and Willis?
your gonna put that up against what they’ve recruited and out in the league.
Maybe Taylor now. But we haven’t had a Breese, Murphy or Lawrence on here for multiple years in a long time.
Pretty good is not elite
I'm talking about production at the college level, not what we've put in the league. Since Manny took over as DC, our DL play has been very good in general.

I’d say the more important areas to work on our his get off and his hips. I want to see him burst and close to the ball more quickly. Everything else looks good to me.

In our defense is this even necessary though? We dont seem to run a D where the DL are asked to occupy blockers while the LBs shoot gaps to make plays. Instead, it seems like we ask our DL to go crazy upfield while the LBs end up having to fill lanes. In this case, fast instinctive decisionmaking and sure tackling might be higher priorities than a quick initial burst.

Advertisement
How can we compete with the Clems and Bamas of college football if we keep taking projects or questionable skill sets? For the most part stars matter these days as we are no longer living under a rock since discovering the internet and social media.

You're a project.

Advertisement
So they're talking about this guy as a MLB, and I know we're mostly looking at 10th grade film so this may be premature, but based on the film do you guys see a MIKE or a WILL?

Advertisement
Back