Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

Advertisement
I hear ya fam but I'm outta the game. I was too dejected after the last fail. I got another one coming up in '23, and I'm watching from afar. He's gonna wind up a mid to high 4 star down here but SoFla's loaded at WR and I don't we're gonna prioritize him. Plus he's at STA and I don't think his dad's a huge Canes fan like me...
The problem with Miami in my family is that the younger kids never lived there although our bloodline hails from south Florida.. when the grandparents left for Texas every kid from the branch eventually followed and as time went by we’re all now Texas kids.

Thats Cardi B. She’s a beast. She would literally turn me over, make me bite the pillow and pound me into the subfloor.
sexy schitts creek GIF by CBC

The problem with Miami in my family is that the younger kids never lived there although our bloodline hails from south Florida.. when the grandparents left for Texas every kid from the branch eventually followed and as time went by we’re all now Texas kids.
I hear ya bruh, it happens all the time. I coulda been a semenhole or bulldog if my family never migrated down...

Advertisement
I watched his sophomore highlights . #1 takeaway is that HUDL is loooonnnnngggg. Which means he's a playmaker.

Medlock is a true LB, so we won't have any issue with him taking 2-3 years to convert from rush end, and we've seen how hard that is to do. He's built really well, has enough speed to close the gap on RBs in the second level and scrambling QBs, so he's not slow. He's faster than Flagg when comparing HUDLs. I especially like his ability to diagnose the play quickly and always get to the ball.

His negatives still show up. He doesn't have a good first step, and it's not just due to reading the play. Even on clear blitz situations, he is no faster than anyone on the defense off the ball, including the nose tackle. He seems to be fine after that first step, but he's not bursty either. We saw Keontra close that gap in a finger snap during the Spring Game. Or Phillips get-off from the edge. Medlock doesn't have that.

All in all, I think he'll make a great add to the class. He'll cover his zone well, give us what Shaq brought us. Super solid. High floor but ceiling's not Day 1 / Day 2.

Acceleration/reaction could be an issue in terms of ceiling limits, but he is flat-footed at the snap a lot - and that can be fixed.

Pretty good pickups, Flip and Medlock are solid players. Just glad to have someone on board at those positions. Not spectacular but both could start here in a couple of years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just so we’re clear; this was all Patke. He was the Primary & Only recruiter on this one. I look forward to seeing this young man’s bounce back. His tape does feel better than Flagg’s.
He’s better. And I’m the Flagg number 1 fan. Manny needs to put him next to Corey immediately tho. lol fr he can learn how to diagnose like Corey we got something

Advertisement
Back