Justin Hill

Advertisement
It seems like every year we have these massive recruiting weekends with an insane amount of elite talent. But very rarely do we have a large number of committed players, especially elite type of guys. Those committed are usually these under the radar guys they got an early eval in on and feel very strongly about.

So something I've noticed is that I feel like outside of a small select group, the staff seems to generally not know who they want to zero in on until early summer.

That's not a bad thing either. They don't use these recruiting events to actually get commits. They use it to evaluate who they want to actually target and zero in on. That's why a lot of people here get frustrated after we host like 75 high end 4 star and 5 star players in a month but get like 1 commit.

Staff isn't trying to get commits. They're just trying to narrow their focus so they can become obsessive animals over the next 6 months.

“Any relation to Pat” - Someone on CIS
“Any relation to Quad” - someone else on CIS
“I think it’s Randall’s 2nd cousin once removed” - someone else on CIS

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It seems like just yesterday everyone wanted Joe out because of lack of recruiting.
You ain’t lying. I heard enough good things from the right people to take a step back and see how it went and he delivered

Addae on the other hand there just was never anything good about him. To the point where it was weird. Like it wasn’t some weird message board narrative where people are parroting eachother either.

It seems like just yesterday everyone wanted Joe out because of lack of recruiting.
He had 2 **** years of portal and high school recruiting. When the circumstances changed (on paper) the heat went away. Results typically warrant shifts in attitude.

Advertisement
He had 2 **** years of portal and high school recruiting. When the circumstances changed (on paper) the heat went away. Results typically warrant shifts in attitude.
Not saying the heat wasn't justified. Just crazy how quickly opinions can change.

Not saying the heat wasn't justified. Just crazy how quickly opinions can change.
I'm more interested in his development now. Taylor never took that next step and we continually bring in stop gaps so the young guys aren't getting opportunities. I would love to see some of those recruits he has identified display some ability this year.

I'm more interested in his development now. Taylor never took that next step and we continually bring in stop gaps so the young guys aren't getting opportunities. I would love to see some of those recruits he has identified display some ability this year.
Unfortunately that just seems to be the way of college football now with the portal. Neither young guys or coaches seem patient enough to develop. The ones that do seem to have more sustained success. Portal will create teams that pop-up for a year and then disappear because it's just not sustainable.

Josh Horton is a guy that got lost in the shuffle. He was a higher prospect than guys like Popo. UNC has been good at recruiting DTs over the years and he was an important flip.

But yeah now we gotta see guys like that start to show up

Advertisement
Back