Justin Flowe

Advertisement
Again, I'm not trying to argue with anyone, just want to provide facts.

You are mixing up "burden of proof" with "examining". "Burden of proof" is what would be required to win a legal case. Merely examining (also known as AUDITING) is a much different issue.

Yes, the IRS may be gun-shy about auditing issues related to religion/politics. The ****storm is still out there from when they VALIDLY inquired about all of the political non-profits that arose in the last 10+ years.

Remember, a non-profit organization is still supposed to keep receipts. You can't just form a non-profit to launder money. If a church is paying for things that are not valid expenses, it could conceivably be considered a crime (and that is where burden of proof would come into play).

Your general point, about the political and practical difficulty of auditing churches and their finances, is valid, but there is ABSOLUTELY existing law and caselaw that allows for such an investigation.
Not trying to argue either. As you can see I’m not well versed in tax evasion or money laundering.
Just asking.
I just think religious institutions while also being non profit have extra exemptions.
But I’ll stop jacking this thread.
Long shot or not. Flows likes it here and I still believe we have a chance.

Last edited:
But UGA after getting Dean? It would be laughable. People would write off UGA at that point. Cat would be out of the bag on their cheating.

Haha you really think that's the thing that would get people's attention? No one's going to do anything about the SEC offering underhanded money to recruits

Advertisement
Not trying to argue either. As you can see I’m not well versed in tax evasion or money laundering.
Just asking.
I just think religious institutions while also being non profit have extra exemptions.
But I’ll stop jacking this thread.
Long shot or not. Flows likes it here and I still believe we have a chance.

No problem, I'm not mad at anyone, I just wanted to clarify the issue. If a church is funneling money in a recruiting scam, it would be a crime. Detecting that crime and finding the evidence of that crime would, indeed, be a challenge.

Advertisement
RE: Members on page 21
Stop with the BS back and forth, you guys are disrupting the thread I don’t care who started it just end it already. We’re getting too many complaints so chill..

Regards Jim Pager
Ban @D RevLee then. I’m sure all the complaints are in regards to his ****.

We could go 15-0, win a natty with Manny mushroom stamping Saban and Dabo on midfield in both games and this kid still would not come here. Don’t kid yourselves. Win and they will come is a myth. Focus on guys we can get and lock down 3-4 strong prospects with an eye on the elite ‘21 class

I have to disagree w/ you, my guy.

We've been on the down for so long, we forget what it felt like to be on top. Bag's been there, and yes they are on a different level today, but we were getting top players from around the nation when we were on top. We were getting the DJ Williams of the world, keeping the Willis McGahees and Andre Johnsons home. We were snatching up Greg Olsen from NJ while keeping D Hest home. We snatched up a Graig Cooper out of NY. Why? B/c we were winning, and even when we snatched up Coop, we weren't far removed from winning. Winning cures everything.

No, we're not going to get every player; that's literally impossible, but we are losing out on top players, the elite of the elite, b/c we have not been winning. We are losing out on them b/c our name don't echo in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL draft anymore, not on a consistent basis. We are losing out on the elite of the elite b/c we're not pumping out pro-bowlers anymore. Until that change, we will continue to strike out.

As much grief we give UGA for not doing anything more than being paper champs, they have been flooding the NFL w/ 1st round talent and pro-bowlers for a minute. They just recently played for the National Championship and played in the SEC Title game. Clemson is out here is winning and producing 1st round picks; Saban is out here winning and producing 1st round picks. Prior to his retirement, Urban was out there winning and producing 1st round picks. THAT'S why these kids are going there, b/c believe or not, EVERY school provides some sort of impermissible benefits. Some are just more egregious than others.

We HAVE to start living in reality, and I've been harping about this reality for 6 yrs now; until we get our chit together, until we actually act like we're The U ON THE FIELD and get players paid off the field, and not have them "in hopes" of getting paid on a 2nd contract, we're going to continue to lose the grip on the fence (what's left of it) and we're definitely not grabbing the elite of the elite.

Last edited:
I have to disagree w/ you, my guy.

We've been on the down for so long, we forget what he felt like to be on top. Bag's been there, and yes they are on a different level today, but we were getting top players from around the nation when we were on top. We were getting the DJ Williams of the world, keeping the Willis McGahees and Andre Johnsons home. We were snatching up Greg Olsen from NJ while keeping D Hest home. We snatched up a Graig Cooper out of NY. Why? B/c we were winning, and even when we snatched up Coop, we weren't far removed from winning. Winning cures everything.

No, we're not going to get every player; that's literally impossible, but we are losing out on top players, the elite of the elite, b/c we have not been winning. We are losing out on them b/c our name don't echo in the 1st or 2nd round of the NFL draft anymore, not on a consistent basis. We are losing out on the elite of the elite b/c we're not pumping out pro-bowlers anymore. Until that change, we will continue to strike out.

As much grief we give UGA for not doing anything more than being paper champs, they have been flooding the NFL w/ 1st round talent and pro-bowlers for a minute. They just recently played for the National Championship and played in the SEC Title game. Clemson is out here is winning and producing 1st round picks; Saban is out here winning and producing 1st round picks. Prior to his retirement, Urban was out there winning and producing 1st round picks. THAT'S why these kids are going there, b/c believe or not, EVERY school provides some sort of impermissible benefits. Some are just more egregious than others.

We HAVE to start living in reality, and I've been harping about this reality for 6 yrs now; until we get our chit together, until we actually act like we're The U ON THE FIELD and get players paid off the field, and not have them "in hopes" of getting paid on a 2nd contract, we're going to continue to lose the grip on the fence (what's left of it) and we're definitely not grabbing the elite of the elite.

I think you make a lot of really good points. I would like to add something that really struck me when I heard it.

Andrew Ivins is a fairly regular guest on Larry Blustein's Florida High school sports show on Monday night. He speaks about the state of the program, recruiting, etc. I don't know if anyone else listened - you can hear the show on the WQAM site under Blustein's program. Ivins comes on around the 20 min. mark.

Last night Ivins talked about how different the program feels now. Prior to coming to Miami, Ivins covered Notre Dame and whether or not you agree with what he says or appreciate his tendency to be conservative ,you have to acknowledge he puts in the time, makes contacts and he gets around.
He talked about how much of an impact the new IPF, the coaches offices, team meeting rooms, etc has made on the "feel " of the program. He talked about how involved Manny is in the camps - he's down on the field talking to kids, interacting with the coaches, getting involved in instruction. He didn't criticize CMR but said there is a clear difference in what is going on now and what happened in the past. He had nothing but praise for the enthusiasm and coaching he observed from our staff interacting with the kids. His words were "it feels like a top level program now" as opposed to how it used to feel.

To me, this is part of the transformation to TNM.
It's important to continue to build on this perception with the kids. It brought to mind something Manny said back in Jan when he first took over the HC job - he mentioned convincing the local elite guys that coming to Miami wasn't like going to 13th grade. This is what we needed to do to grab their attention, make them recognize Miami is more than just the local, hometown school; winning on the field is what will keep them coming back. I don't know about all of you but I am a little tired of reading interviews where all the kid says is "it's home. It's the crib" when asked why he likes Miami. It's a process and I think Manny and the staff have made great strides forward in the perception of the program. The biggest part comes starting Aug. 24th....

I think you make a lot of really good points. I would like to add something that really struck me when I heard it.

Andrew Ivins is a fairly regular guest on Larry Blustein's Florida High school sports show on Monday night. He speaks about the state of the program, recruiting, etc. I don't know if anyone else listened - you can hear the show on the WQAM site under Blustein's program. Ivins comes on around the 20 min. mark.

Last night Ivins talked about how different the program feels now. Prior to coming to Miami, Ivins covered Notre Dame and whether or not you agree with what he says or appreciate his tendency to be conservative ,you have to acknowledge he puts in the time, makes contacts and he gets around.
He talked about how much of an impact the new IPF, the coaches offices, team meeting rooms, etc has made on the "feel " of the program. He talked about how involved Manny is in the camps - he's down on the field talking to kids, interacting with the coaches, getting involved in instruction. He didn't criticize CMR but said there is a clear difference in what is going on now and what happened in the past. He had nothing but praise for the enthusiasm and coaching he observed from our staff interacting with the kids. His words were "it feels like a top level program now" as opposed to how it used to feel.

It's important to continue to build on this perception with the kids. It brought to mind something Manny said back in Jan when he first took over the HC job - he mentioned convincing the local elite guys that coming to Miami wasn't like going to 13th grade. This is what we needed to do to grab their attention, make them recognize Miami is more than just the local, hometown school; winning on the field is what will keep them coming back. I don't know about all of you but I am a little tired of reading interviews where all the kid says is "it's home. It's the crib" when asked why he likes Miami. It's a process and I think Manny and the staff have made great strides forward in the perception of the program. The biggest part comes starting Aug. 24th....
Good scit. I believe that game is going to make or break this season. I know it’s the first non conference game and we can still win the coastal blah blah blah. If we beat UF, I couldn’t care less by how many, we instantly take the state in recruiting. That’s this class and the 21 class. That’s when we have a shot to be Clemson.

Advertisement

Ab-so-lute-ly. I was admittedly skeptical about the Manny hire; however, Manny knows what a REAL Miami team is supposed to look like. As I've stated before, if he wins, he will turn the program back around. Unfortunately, we are looked like the 13th grade. How often have kids said, "Miami is Miami....I mean, I know they are going to be there." That's an indictment of where we are in these kids minds. Get this, the class of 2020 have NEVER seen Miami at it's lore. They've only seen us a shell of ourselves. So it's imperative Manny wins to restore our luster, and then AND ONLY THEN, we'll we start seeing us not only recruiting elite talent, but having them sign here.

I think the pick up and shut down of Rivers is a lot bigger than most people think. I’ve said that elite programs recruit trenches at an elite level.
We pulled in one of the top OT’s that was being recruited by top schools that didn’t lose like we did last year. I’m not counting anybody out anymore.

Burfict was fat and out of shape at the time. He’s a way better athlete than his numbers showed. Kid always battled other issues, but he was a consensus five star generational type LB out of hs.
And I can't believe that the Dolphins didn't take a shot at him with our 6th or 7th round picks?
Did anybody learn from Randy Moss?

Advertisement
Ab-so-lute-ly. I was admittedly skeptical about the Manny hire; however, Manny knows what a REAL Miami team is supposed to look like. As I've stated before, if he wins, he will turn the program back around. Unfortunately, we are looked like the 13th grade. How often have kids said, "Miami is Miami....I mean, I know they are going to be there." That's an indictment of where we are in these kids minds. Get this, the class of 2020 have NEVER seen Miami at it's lore. They've only seen us a shell of ourselves. So it's imperative Manny wins to restore our luster, and then AND ONLY THEN, we'll we start seeing us not only recruiting elite talent, but having them sign here.
Lord almighty please make this happen. I pray he can build a real Miami team and real Miami teams, which has been stated multiple times in recent posts, were not built on all world recruits. They were built on "Miami" kids. So I pray Manny can build "that" team consistently. Big tilt tomorrow night in Beantown Rell.

LOL at this flaming fairy..you have it made up in your mind that anyone who comments to you..you seem to own or is thinking about you. CLEARLY losing the purpose of what a message board is for. Listen George Michael...any thread I’m on..I read every single comment so don’t feel special you fluffer..it’s what us regular folk do here on all message boards.

I bet you show your friends this **** & all of you sword fight afterwards. & of course you kept it on your profile..you like sucking dyck...why would you delete it? Like duh

Shlt man, I got tears...

"Win and they will come" is absolutely not a myth. It's just not the only metric, and also, doesn't apply to kids who command 6 figures in the bag game like Flowe. But if you think Miami's recruiting class this past year would've been the same had we gone 11-1, I can't help you.

And it’s not just about one season of winning. We need to win consistently over time to see the full effect in recruiting

Advertisement
Back