Justin Fields granted immediate Waiver by NCAA

Good stuff @ MIATL. For some reason the playing baseball angle went right over my head. Folks often bring up the SEC and its racist culture with regards to football players, but baseball? Man that's a whole different animal and it starts in grade school.

Advertisement
I still think the domestic violence situation and mentally needing a change of scenery due to how much the situation bothered, disturbed, and hurt Martell is the best avenue.

Justin Fields is the real m'fckn deal and went to uga not understanding that Fromm is tied to the hip of Smart like Brady to Belic.

He left a situation where he was not going to overcome the relationship that Fromm has with Smart and the hooded boosters in Athens, Ga.

So you're saying Fields claimed bait & switch?...if so, then Martell can make the same claim.

Advertisement
Obviously, you have never seen Fields play. You're just throwing out smoke hoping to catch a fire. Justin Fields is the real m'fckn deal and went to uga not understanding that Fromm is tied to the hip of Smart like Brady to Belic.

The same clowns that said that Perry or Williams wasn't good enough to beat out #12 ignorantly don't recognize coach's flaws and bias. Unless Fromm completely **** the bed, the qb1 job was his.

You can try to make up any fake scenario you want to validate your claim, but to say Fields ran from comp is straight trash. He left a situation where he was not going to overcome the relationship that Fromm has with Smart and the hooded boosters in Athens, Ga.

I will state this and stand by word, "Fields is the best qb in cfb in overall talent." Just like Lawrence and tua, all you need is a good opportunity with a good oc/qb coach. Not trashing Tate at all but he's not 6'4 230 with a accurate cannon for an arm, can run just as well as Tate and has franchise qb already written in the books.

Not really hopeful that Tate will get his waiver for 2019, he just doesn't have a good case...but really looking forward to see Perry/Williams under better qb coaching. I think Perry grows up this year maybe starts first few games, then (like Lawrence) Williams takes over the offense and the team rises in rankings, points scored, offensive proficiency, individual stats and pure dominance. Maybe we get to enjoy our Aussie punter once or twice a game at the most.

I've seen highlights of fields play in HS. what ive seen in college wasn't much. not saying he sucks, but he ran away from fromm. same reason why martell left OSU. he ran from fields.

how is kid's knowledge of domestic abuse by a coach more valid than a kid directly hit with racial slurs, in which the former student/baseball player was dismissed for the actions

The kid wasn’t directly hit with racial slurs, he didn’t even hear them first hand. He found out about it happening after the fact.

Martell has a very close relationship with his Mom and his sister. In fact, him and his sister are reportedly best friends. As such, he’s highly sensitive to abuse of women. On top of that, there was also a coaching change and change in offensive philosophy at tOSU. Those two things combined make for a stronger case than Fields.

The kid wasn’t directly hit with racial slurs, he didn’t even hear them first hand. He found out about it happening after the fact.

Martell has a very close relationship with his Mom and his sister. In fact, him and his sister are reportedly best friends. As such, he’s highly sensitive to abuse of women. On top of that, there was also a coaching change and change in offensive philosophy at tOSU. Those two things combined make for a stronger case than Fields.

Advertisement

to your first point, i think its a big one. what we know publicly about the situation is that one kid during a game called Fields a name. It was not in his face nor was it around the athletic facility. Now, there may have been other instances where that kid has called Fields worse or the same in more intimate occasions, but from what we know, he was 1 kid in a crowd of 95k. the only reason the kid got in trouble was bc others around him complained. it isn't likely that fields even heard it unless the kid has done it to Fields in other instances. Martells primary recruiter was found to be a dirt bag and both the recruiter and coach got fired and retired. usually, ive seen them grant waivers for situations like these (i believe patterson got one citing a coaching change).

The racist stuff is bs and was just a lame excuse. You mean a kid going to Georgia, Alabama, FSU, or any of these of these SEC schools don’t hear that stuff on a daily? It’s a weak excuse because he knew he wasn’t going to beat out Fromm. Fields was promised the job and once Martell found out he wouldn’t get a fair chance, he bolted as well. If Martell wants to throw up a dumb excuse like Fields, Tate could use the whole Meyer retiring after faking more health issues and covering up his assistant(Tate’s primary recruiter) domestic violence. The only reason Martell won’t be approved is because he is now at Miami. Also if Fields was so traumatized by this, why is his sister still at UGA?

If the slurs were directed at him, whether he heard it with his own ears or from a third party he was the victim. When you haven't been through such a thing, it's hard to comprehend the situation or feelings he may have suffered.

If the slurs were directed at him, whether he heard it with his own ears or from a third party he was the victim. When you haven't been through such a thing, it's hard to comprehend the situation or feelings he may have suffered.

Never said he wasn’t the victim, but hearing second hand about someone calling you a racial is not the same as someone doing it to your face.

Advertisement

he was a victim, but he would've stayed at UGA if he beat out Fromm racist remark or not. its just the excuse to get him cleared. it never was about racism. it was about PT.

One thing for sure, Fields decision sets a low freaking bar to jump over to show health and safety exception applies. Low low bar.

If what the poster above said is true about the NCAA adopting coaching change as a qualifier, this is just a formality. It's already 2019 and Tate had a toxic environment and a coaching change, **** I think every coach involved with his recruitment is gone from taint.
I think we're heading to full on free agency, they just couldn't jump straight into it. I was surprised to hear Richt say he thought it was definitely coming on the national signing day show.

Advertisement
There are too many variables within a process like this especially when lawyers are involved trying to make a case.

I liken this thread to CNN having a bunch of law experts yapping and yapping about one side or the other. Which just gets so repetitive and boring after a while.
And at least those are law experts who know what they are talking about from court experience most of the time.
This here is just a bunch of people who have no clue what they are talking about trying to come to conclusions without knowing what is being said during the process, what is being evaluated during the process and who is judging the case and with what standards.

I have made no claims that I know what is going on. Just making fun of the people clinging to their convictions on this without knowing relatively much.

Ok fair enough.

Fields was promised the job and once Martell found out he wouldn’t get a fair chance, he bolted as well.

Stop it, Martell ran from competition just like you claim Fields did. If you don't believe me then revisit Martells tweets & interview after Fields decided to transfer to OSU.

But I do believe it'll be straight up bull$h!t if Martell's waiver request is denied.

Just an OPINION

I think Fields and Martell both transferred because they concluded that they would not win the starting job at their respective schools. But, the NCAA isn't going to grant a waiver because you don't think you can win the starting job. So, you look for something the NCAA might accept as a reason. I don't think it's more complicated than that. It's all a sham and the NCAA sets the rules.

I think it was right for the NCAA to grant Fields immediate eligibility, and I think Martell should also be granted. but I'll believe it when it happens.

Stop it, Martell ran from competition just like you claim Fields did. If you don't believe me then revisit Martells tweets & interview after Fields decided to transfer to OSU.

But I do believe it'll be straight up bull$h!t if Martell's waiver request is denied.

Thanks for repeating what I just said.

Advertisement
Back