Just watched the replay on TV.....Visions not as Bleak

blackvern

All-ACC
Banned
I was at the game so there are things I couldnt see but there are some things we have to improve on offense and defense

*Lining tight ends consistently at WR defeats the whole purpose of having Tight Ends!!! If we dont line up in single back 2 TE's 2 Wr's we defeat the whole purpose of having mismatches at Tight end over the middle, Weve pretty much made them WR's, If we cant line up in a traditional 2 TE set we lose the mismatch

*Kayaa wasnt as bad as I thought, he was definitely hindered by Richt, I was surprised at all the dropped passes you couldnt really tell how bad they were at the game

* Offensive line Wasnt really that bad either..except for one series in the 4th qtr wher Kayaa got sacked twice he had time to throw. The run blocking was not that bad 1st half we ran decent...there were pretty much selling out to stop the run and we were out schemed in the second halfon many runs that falls back on coaching,.

*Once again Yearby looked better then Walton between the tackles

*Richt can we add some spice to the rum game? FSU had many different run packages we have 1 or 2, We need to add some spice to our running game toss sweep, WR reverse, jet sweep cmon Richt!!

* We didnt do a good job against the run stiopping Dalvin Cook. Demetrius Jackson with another missed tackle giving up a long run

*We have to have playaction under center we cant continually choose to run everything out of shotgun. I understand Kayaa sux at it right now but we have to do it we have to use our Tight ends!! down the field.. No reason we should be throwing to malcolm Lewis on 3rd down with our tight ends

Advertisement
I was at the game so there are things I couldnt see but there are some things we have to improve on offense and defense

*Lining tight ends consistently at WR defeats the whole purpose of having Tight Ends!!! If we dont line up in single back 2 TE's 2 Wr's we defeat the whole purpose of having mismatches at Tight end over the middle, Weve pretty much made them WR's, If we cant line up in a traditional 2 TE set we lose the mismatch

*Kayaa wasnt as bad as I thought, he was definitely hindered by Richt, I was surprised at all the dropped passes you couldnt really tell how bad they were at the game

* Offensive line Wasnt really that bad either..except for one series in the 4th qtr wher Kayaa got sacked twice he had time to throw. The run blocking was not that bad 1st half we ran decent...there were pretty much selling out to stop the run and we were out schemed in the second halfon many runs that falls back on coaching,.

*Richt can we add some spice to the rum game? FSU had many different run packages we have 1 or 2, We need to add some spice to our running game toss sweep, WR reverse, jet sweep cmon Richt!!

* We didnt do a good job against the run stiopping Dalvin Cook. Demetrius Jackson with another missed tackle giving up a long run

*We have to have playaction under center we cant continually choose to run everything out of shotgun. I understand Kayaa sux at it right now but we have to do it we have to use our Tight ends!! down the field.. No reason we should be throwing to malcolm Lewis on 3rd down with our tight ends

We have to do something that in your own words we suck at? Expand please

Practice, practice, practice I remember kayaa being half decent under center at times last year...

this

The problem is we can't scheme to take advantage of their blocking in the run game. If you can't do that then you do not have TEs you do in fact have just large receivers.

Advertisement

That's actually more bleak. We were out coached it's not the leftovers from golden

Njoku's lack of production this year is a clear sign of an offensive coordinator that doesn't know what he's doing at the moment.

The best set we have is double tight end, single back with Coley and Richards outside. That should be our set 70 percent of the time. It gives us so much versatility. 12 is the grouping. 4 verticals with 86 and 23, and Yearby or Walton running an arrow route behind it......:rickflair2:

We could also help out the oline by having 1 or both of the tight ends chip before going out for a route or short screen. Or max protect and send 3 and 82 deep...so many options.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3542025.jpg

Practice, practice, practice I remember kayaa being half decent under center at times last year...

1 back stuff with 3WRs and a TE. And we threw on 1st downs to keep the defense off balance. Richt is insanely predictable.

You don't have Nick Chubb back there Richt.

Njoku's lack of production this year is a clear sign of an offensive coordinator that doesn't know what he's doing at the moment.

This. The fact that njoku and Herndon aren't being used on seam routes is insane. They would open up underneath routes for coley and the WRs and if you hit 1-2 big routes down the seam in a game that backs the safeties out of the box in run defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of how you or any of us break it down, majority of the problems that wont be able to get fixed are Brad Kaaya. Coach Richt can make adjustments, WRs can focus harder to try to catch ugly passes. But none of it matters bc our QB is going to choke for consecutive drives when we need him to step up the most. So many ppl making excuses for Kaaya just don't get it when it comes to the QB position.... you have to be a true leader on the field that holds everyone accountable to step up, along with yourself. He's missing so many intangibles as a QB that it makes his overall game terrible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we sit back and not reacte instabtly to an fsu loss we r more sane. When we lose to fsu its not a good idea to come to the boards immediately after cuz we trip out.

The problem is we can't scheme to take advantage of their blocking in the run game. If you can't do that then you do not have TEs you do in fact have just large receivers.

When Thomas got ejected you couldn't tell me we weren't going to go to our TEs primarily. When we didn't I was dumbfounded.

Plays were there to be made. Our QB needs to make the throws. Even his completions were off target most of the night.

Advertisement
Regardless of how you or any of us break it down, majority of the problems that wont be able to get fixed are Brad Kaaya. Coach Richt can make adjustments, WRs can focus harder to try to catch ugly passes. But none of it matters bc our QB is going to choke for consecutive drives when we need him to step up the most. So many ppl making excuses for Kaaya just don't get it when it comes to the QB position.... you have to be a true leader on the field that holds everyone accountable to step up, along with yourself. He's missing so many intangibles as a QB that it makes his overall game terrible.
I thought it was Kayaa who threw the game tying touchdown

Yeah he did thanks to Braxton Berrios putting the offense already inside the red zone. That drive would've went nowhere if that doesn't happen bc of who our starting QB is.

And besides that, Malik Rosier could've made the same throw, Brad was the reason the team was put in that position to have to come back and lose in the 1st place.

Yeah he did thanks to Braxton Berrios putting the offense already inside the red zone. That drive would've went nowhere if that doesn't happen bc of who our starting QB is.

And besides that, Malik Rosier could've made the same throw, Brad was the reason the team was put in that position to have to come back and lose in the 1st place.

Rosier doesn't even deserve a scholarship at Miami. You're that guy.

Advertisement
Back