Just watched the replay on TV.....Visions not as Bleak

Regardless of how you or any of us break it down, majority of the problems that wont be able to get fixed are Brad Kaaya. Coach Richt can make adjustments, WRs can focus harder to try to catch ugly passes. But none of it matters bc our QB is going to choke for consecutive drives when we need him to step up the most. So many ppl making excuses for Kaaya just don't get it when it comes to the QB position.... you have to be a true leader on the field that holds everyone accountable to step up, along with yourself. He's missing so many intangibles as a QB that it makes his overall game terrible.
I thought it was Kayaa who threw the game tying touchdown

Yeah he did thanks to Braxton Berrios putting the offense already inside the red zone. That drive would've went nowhere if that doesn't happen bc of who our starting QB is.

And besides that, Malik Rosier could've made the same throw, Brad was the reason the team was put in that position to have to come back and lose in the 1st place.

Rosier doesn't even deserve a scholarship at Miami. You're that guy.

Brad Kaaya doesn't either.... how many other schools were dying to get him again???

Advertisement
Regardless of how you or any of us break it down, majority of the problems that wont be able to get fixed are Brad Kaaya. Coach Richt can make adjustments, WRs can focus harder to try to catch ugly passes. But none of it matters bc our QB is going to choke for consecutive drives when we need him to step up the most. So many ppl making excuses for Kaaya just don't get it when it comes to the QB position.... you have to be a true leader on the field that holds everyone accountable to step up, along with yourself. He's missing so many intangibles as a QB that it makes his overall game terrible.

Yeah he did thanks to Braxton Berrios putting the offense already inside the red zone. That drive would've went nowhere if that doesn't happen bc of who our starting QB is.

And besides that, Malik Rosier could've made the same throw, Brad was the reason the team was put in that position to have to come back and lose in the 1st place.

Brad Kaaya doesn't either.... how many other schools were dying to get him again???

Like I said, you're that guy.

Like I said, you're that guy.

yeah I'm me lol... Miami can win games against FAMU, FAU, APP ST, and GT with Malik Rosier at QB. And lose all the meaningful games with him as well just like we've been doing for 3 years with Brad Kaaya. There is no difference except our 2nd string QB doesn't have a combination of two left feet w/ two arthritic knees.

Go to bed, you're drunk.

Advertisement
I'll give you all one good reason to rally around the canes and stop complaining. Driving FSU fans crazy with indignation. They are almost certainly out of ACC championship game. We control our own fate. Win out (will be favored in every game) and we will be playing in the ACC championship while FSU sits at home playing with their puds. They can laugh about the win, but we can shrug our shoulders and say "Great win. You really have our number but we are in the championship game. Enjoy your little moral victory and watching us on tv."

Rosier showed in his one start last year that he is more than credible as backup so your statement is baseless

It's really hard to say a QB "choked" when he threw a touchdown to tie the game with a little over a minute in the game. You did that.

Advertisement
Something is off with Brad Kaaya, he lacks that IT factor bc hes not a confident person. Which is one of several intangibles he's lacking. You can hear it when he speaks, he talks fast, mumbles, stutters and barely makes eye contact. This season was the 1st time ive ever seen him "shush" at opposing players and fans as a "sign" of confidence.... but its easy to see that Its just a front bc of how often our offense goes into this endless shell when he's at QB.

Actually several including USC if I recall correctly. Kaaya must not have been a camp junkie so he flew under the radar screen of the west coast teams. Coley got him to commit early. During his senior season, after he announced his commitment, he got a lot of attention but he never waivered or took any visits.

Something is off with Brad Kaaya, he lacks that IT factor bc hes not a confident person. Which is one of several intangibles he's lacking. You can hear it when he speaks, he talks fast, mumbles, stutters and barely makes eye contact. This season was the 1st time ive ever seen him "shush" at opposing players and fans as a "sign" of confidence.... but its easy to see that Its just a front bc of how often our offense goes into this endless shell when he's at QB.

The "off" is that he is a pocket passer who has been asked to become a read option (RPO) qb in his third year. Not just a different terminology, but a completely different skillset than he has developed over last three years. He can't snap ball and keep eyes on wrs, he has to watch his RPO key then look up and locate wrs downfield after he decides to run or pass. Why are people not understanding that this is an incredibly difficult transition to make?

I've seen him play under heavy pressure his freshman and early games last year. But I mentioned in another post, he's seemed to change after the Clemson game. It' as if he's plagued with post traumatic stress syndrome. Whatever the cause, he needs to shake it quick. There's still a lot of football left and despite the calls to see what someone else can do, right now, there's no better option.

Advertisement

I've seen him play under heavy pressure his freshman and early games last year. But I mentioned in another post, he's seemed to change after the Clemson game. It' as if he's plagued with post traumatic stress syndrome. Whatever the cause, he needs to shake it quick. There's still a lot of football left and despite the calls to see what someone else can do, right now, there's no better option.

EXACTLY... obviously you and I aren't the only two ppl seeing this, so my question is how can a QB that comes off like he's dealing with PTSD, give us the best chance to win? our toughest games left are UNC, VT, ND and maybe the ACCCG and or Bowl game. Studying tape and "opening up the playbook" isn't going to solve his issues when we play these games.

EXACTLY... obviously you and I aren't the only two ppl seeing this, so my question is how can a QB that comes off like he's dealing with PTSD, give us the best chance to win? our toughest games left are UNC, VT, ND and maybe the ACCCG and or Bowl game. Studying tape and "opening up the playbook" isn't going to solve his issues when we play these games.

I don't have an answer to that. You can't simulate that type of pressure in practice or in a scrimmage (without the risk of injuring your starting QB).. But one thing I believe, that while Rozier may give a defense some different looks, he doesn't make those two TD passes to Coley. And Sharrif (sp), Allison or Testaverdi haven't taken a snap.

The best set we have is double tight end, single back with Coley and Richards outside. That should be our set 70 percent of the time. It gives us so much versatility. 12 is the grouping. 4 verticals with 86 and 23, and Yearby or Walton running an arrow route behind it......:rickflair2:

We could also help out the oline by having 1 or both of the tight ends chip before going out for a route or short screen. Or max protect and send 3 and 82 deep...so many options.

meant to upvote. Completely agree

Advertisement

This nonsense you keep putting out baseless. You have know idea what kind of confidence kaaya has and by your logic of judging how he speaks, Jameis Winston is the least confident qb on earth bc he can't form coherent complete sentences

I was at the game so there are things I couldnt see but there are some things we have to improve on offense and defense

*Lining tight ends consistently at WR defeats the whole purpose of having Tight Ends!!! If we dont line up in single back 2 TE's 2 Wr's we defeat the whole purpose of having mismatches at Tight end over the middle, Weve pretty much made them WR's, If we cant line up in a traditional 2 TE set we lose the mismatch

*Kayaa wasnt as bad as I thought, he was definitely hindered by Richt, I was surprised at all the dropped passes you couldnt really tell how bad they were at the game

* Offensive line Wasnt really that bad either..except for one series in the 4th qtr wher Kayaa got sacked twice he had time to throw. The run blocking was not that bad 1st half we ran decent...there were pretty much selling out to stop the run and we were out schemed in the second halfon many runs that falls back on coaching,.

*Once again Yearby looked better then Walton between the tackles

*Richt can we add some spice to the rum game? FSU had many different run packages we have 1 or 2, We need to add some spice to our running game toss sweep, WR reverse, jet sweep cmon Richt!!

* We didnt do a good job against the run stiopping Dalvin Cook. Demetrius Jackson with another missed tackle giving up a long run

*We have to have playaction under center we cant continually choose to run everything out of shotgun. I understand Kayaa sux at it right now but we have to do it we have to use our Tight ends!! down the field.. No reason we should be throwing to malcolm Lewis on 3rd down with our tight ends

There's a purpose behind that, and every OC does it from college to the NFL. (especially the NFL)

DC's look at offensive personnel before every play.

If the offense has more WR's on the field (3+) then the DC will usually send out an extra DB.
If the offense had one or more TE's on the field then the DC will keep 3 Linebackers in the game.
It's called "personneling". You have to match the other team's skill-set and personnel.

If I see 2 TE's on the field, but then they line-up at WR, I now have a LB covering an athletic 6'4" TE in space.
Even if you match up DB's with my TE's, I now have an athletic 6'4" TE against an undersized DB.

This is why athletic TE's are so coveted and basically indefensible.

Advertisement
Back