Just turned 50...

Never been, hope to someday. Which version you like better?


I mean...I prefer the old octagon (or was it a hexagon?). It smelled bad, the bathrooms were sketchy, but it had character.

And a great second floor balcony for checking people out and catching "free ****" on Thursday Promo Nights...
 
Thanks for posting the pics. LSU v. Miami 1988 at the old Rat. Epic. I think it was like dime beers and half off every time we scored.


You were watching the game at The Rat while I was getting arrested in Death Valley (Brit can tell you)...

Good times!
 
Old. Just like orange bowl

new one is great but just a way different vibe.
Loved the old one. Was good friends with one of the bouncers my sophomore through senior yrs (91/92-93/94). Lots of after hours with the staff finishing off kegs that were already tapped
 
Had major reconstructive surgery...

Skit, skat...


Old:
the-rat-um.jpg




New:
View attachment 229410

Congratulations my brotha.
 
Old school Rat was the best. As a student, if you knew the right people that worked there, after hours drinks and appetizers sitting out on the patio were commonplace. I knew the right people.
 
Congratulations my brotha.


Just to be clear, for everyone, I AM NOT REFERRING TO MYSELF.

I am referring to The Rathskeller turning 50. February 10, 1973, the "supposed only legal bar in Coral Gables" opened its doors for the first time...
 
There was never anything quite like a pitcher and a Dean Sandler sub out on the rocking benches overlooking the lake on a Thursday afternoon
 
There was never anything quite like a pitcher and a Dean Sandler sub out on the rocking benches overlooking the lake on a Thursday afternoon


I wasn't there when they were naming subs after Deans...pray tell, what was ON the Dean Sandler Sub?

I'm going to guess white bread, mayo, ham, American, and lettuce...
 
Back
Top