Just to give some perspective on how loaded this South Florida class is...

WITH THE TALENT HERE AT Miami, Manny NEEDS TO ADD BETTER STAFF MEMBERS.. BETTER COACHING WILL MAKE THIS TEAM BETTER!! Manny needs to hire coaches for the defense that can bring in a fast aggressive physical style system and COACH THE PLAYERS THAT SAME WAY!!

I’M STILL WAITING TO SEE THE COACHING STAFF BLOW UP ON THE SIDELINES DURING GAMES WHEN OUR PLAYERS MAKE BONE HEAD MISTAKES...

Advertisement
I get it good coaching I’d critical, but a good focused player don’t give a hoot just get me on that field and all will break loose but that’s just me .
It’s how I tolled , call the darn play and get me on that line of scrimmage That’s it WE GUNNA BANG ALL DAY .

I want these kids to have that FIRE , I need contact I WILL FEED

GOCANES
I agree with “want these kids to have that FIRE” BUT the players with the FIRE is much much better IF he has a Coach with the same FIRE!!

IT JUST SEEMS AS THOUGH THE STAFF HERE IS SOFT!! Our staff looks like they are homies, I just look at the elite programs and their staff looks into it during games, their engaged with players, our staff they only engage with players during timeouts!! “It might just be me fellas” ADD MORE ENGAGING COACHES, and this team will become a contender..

I don’t all the way agree with this. Those guys *should* Be studs no matter where they play if all things are equal but all things are not in the case of Miami.. from terrible schemes to terrible coaching.. who knows how they would have turned out. Not because of talent but because of situation. I believe with all my heart mark Pope at Alabama would be going dummy
Right because at Bama the player’s get coached different.. AND IT’S SIMPLE YOU EITHER PERFORM OR YOU WATCH!! Here at Miami, the upperclassmen get a pass and they don’t have to go super super hard to play here, MIAMI NEEDS A MORE DISCIPLINE PHYSICAL STAFF HERE!! Especially the position coaches, everyday at practice and in the weightroom IT SHOULD BE A BATTLE AMONGST THE PLAYER’S, this is the only way you get the best out of them.. “JUST MY THOUGHT”

I don’t think you can easily paint south Florida HS kids with a broad brush. Playing football at Northwestern or Deerfield is not like playing football at Columbus, American Heritage or St. Thomas.

Broward football is different from Miami-Dade, and Miami-Dade is different from Palm Beach. Public school football is different from private school football. The kids backgrounds, coaching support, etc, all varies.

St. Thomas has the most NFL players of any HS program in the United States by far, and they are a private school in Broward. So is American Heritage. They have nice facilities and coaches who played in the NFL, like Surtain, Oronde Gadsden and Jason Taylor. Their kids often play at these schools too. These private school coaches recruit without as many attendance boundaries or barriers of public school coaches.

Northwestern, Norland and central are among the national leaders in sending players to the pros, but they are Miami inner city public schools, and their games are based not as much on size, but on speed, skill and experience from kids who played optimist ball, such as Liberty City and Gwen Cherry optimists. The coaches come from a variety of backgrounds, and they receive a stipend to coach. I have watched football all over Florida and a few times outside of Florida, and type of football that is played by inner city schools at Traz Powell Stadium is really unique. Many of these kids, but not all of them, are not fully developed in a weight room or nutrition, so there might be room to develop when they get to college, if they have the right attitude and approach.

Broward won 4 state championships this year, and Dade won 1 (Miami Central). Last year, I think Miami Dade won 4 and Broward won 2. But each program is different. James Williams is very different from Kam Kitchens as a player, in size, in experience, in coaching, in training in background, etc. IMHO, they both will compliment each other.

I have seen the 2007 Northwestern team play, and I have seen this 2020 version play for several years. IMHO, these teams are very different, but coaching is so important in college. It’s important that Feeley and CMD get these players to stay focused and develop, and you will see them making plays. And unlike the Levonte David misses, IMHO, the players we got this time from Northwestern are the right players

Last edited:
Advertisement
I agree with “want these kids to have that FIRE” BUT the players with the FIRE is much much better IF he has a Coach with the same FIRE!!

IT JUST SEEMS AS THOUGH THE STAFF HERE IS SOFT!! Our staff looks like they are homies, I just look at the elite programs and their staff looks into it during games, their engaged with players, our staff they only engage with players during timeouts!! “It might just be me fellas” ADD MORE ENGAGING COACHES, and this team will become a contender..
Good points shared, true 👍

In all fairness we haven’t signed a blow-your-mind, future day 1 prospect since maybe duke johnson, and even then that didn’t pan out how it was supposed to. We recruited a ton of em (Jerry Juedy, Sony Michel, Pat Surtain jr, Devonta Smith) but we haven’t landed any of them, This class feels different, it’s the first time we’ve landed two of the top players in the nation at their position and if I’m not mistaken the first time we’ve landed the two top players in Florida.
Believe it or not, the year we signed Willis Peguese and Darius Frazier some would have ranked them top two in the state. Don’t know if that was deserved but Frazier seemed to come out of nowhere and went back there just as fast.

Dude, chill out. That does NOT jive with what we're doing here. Everyone sucks, we suck, the fans suck, Manny sucks, the jerseys suck, the concession prices suck, both Blake's suck, Sebastian sucks, we're never gonna be back, The Rat sucks, the new dorms suck, Jim Morris sucks, and A-Rod sucks. More posts like this and less where something can be construed as positive, please.
Has Donna ever sucked? ....not asking for a friend, either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back