Just The Facts - Spring Game

Advertisement
OK. Jarren Williams doesn't know the offense. Doesn't know all the reads, doesn't know all the nuances.

But he's the best on the field, instinctive, accurate, and smooth.

So simplify the playbook for him, and let him scorch teams by using our superior receiver corps. How many plays you have isn't the key - it's how many plays you can execute with playmakers and speed for separation.

Our receivers can leave most defenders in our dust on a regular basis.

All we need is someone that can hit them.

OK. Jarren Williams doesn't know the offense. Doesn't know all the reads, doesn't know all the nuances.

So simplify the playbook for him, and let him scorch teams by using our superior receiver corps. How many plays you have isn't the key - it's how many plays you can execute with playmakers and speed for separation.

He’s actually accurate so even if Richt simplifies the o he can still at least run slants and short ,intermediate routes with him. Unlike rosier.

There’s a reason we stayed away from drags and slants . Do you really want a inaccurate qb they only knows one speed throwing in the middle of the field ?

This.

I don’t care how many cute/fancy plays Richt has in his play book. If kid is the goods work your playbook to him and get him developed we might have our Watson let’s ride

Advertisement
This.

I don’t care how many cute/fancy plays Richt has in his play book. If kid is the goods work your playbook to him and get him developed we might have our Watson let’s ride

The more reps he gets with the 1st and 2nd teams, the better he will be . Can't move forward if he only throws to the equipment manager in practice. He has actually benefitted from Weldon's eye infection in terms of getting reps with actual players. Needs more time with 1st/2nd teams

If I were Richt I would start Williams bc it gives him a built in excuse for losses, even though its ridiculous that he would have to rely on a true freshman in his 3rd year at the helm.

We beat LSU with Malik, but Williams appears to have the most upside, as the game went on, he got very comfortable and showed he might be the "promised one". But Perry after starting like 0 for 5 (or so) settled down and looked good, it appeared that MR was giving him every single opportunity to succeed.

Advertisement

Right on!

Like what Perry can provide,

Williams imo has the most upside of any qb on the roster and you could tell it from watching his highschool film

Advertisement

If the playbook were any simpler it would be written in crayon with the R’s reversed

Would that be the 11-25=44% Perry . We heard so much about how accurate he was when we recruited him yet his stats are terrible when given a chance to play.
As a few stated perry had drops and was throwing the ball away as well. He did mis a couple too. Cant just look at the stats.

Advertisement
As a few stated perry had drops and was throwing the ball away as well. He did mis a couple too. Cant just look at the stats.

I saw one article that said he was 11 of 26 and one that said he was 11 of 21 (Palm beach post). And this post saying 11 of 25. Does anyone know what the actual stat line says?

Like what Perry can provide,

Williams imo has the most upside of any qb on the roster and you could tell it from watching his highschool film

Agreed on Perry. Richt should go back to his roots this year and design his offense to look what he had with Charlie Ward at FSeww. Perry reminds me a lot of Ward imo. Can throw, can run and just has raw talent. Get him moving to create some easy throws to our WRs and help the O line.

Rosier backup and redshirt Williams.

We beat LSU with Malik, but Williams appears to have the most upside, as the game went on, he got very comfortable and showed he might be the "promised one". But Perry after starting like 0 for 5 (or so) settled down and looked good, it appeared that MR was giving him every single opportunity to succeed.

The problem with that is it would solidify him as the starter. We'd probably run the table (with a few more unnecessarily close games) & lose in Charlotte. Again.

The problem with that is it would solidify him as the starter. We'd probably run the table (with a few more unnecessarily close games) & lose in Charlotte. Again.

There is no way that Rosier can play like he did last year and retain his job this upcoming season. Last year we did not have a legitimate back up QB. Shirreffs was one of the worst game time QB's I have ever seen. As a high school senior Williams would have been more capable than Shirreffs. I From what I have heard about his work ethic, I am willing to bet Williams will continue to work and improve over the summer and make a run a the starting job come fall.

Advertisement
Back