Just The Facts - Spring Game

Advertisement
I heard this last year about our DL drinking their own Koolaid and being dominant. Pump the brakes

The bigger concern is that we only kindasorta have 5 starting caliber OL. If our OL isn’t drastically better than last year in terms of running the ball, we are in deep trouble. Richt isn’t smart enough to scheme around this issue.

Back to throwing fade routes to Mike Hartley after 2 straight runs up the middle.......

Some of the "we should start Williams" comments sound a lot like last year's "we should start Perry" comments.

What's unacceptable is not standing a chance against elite teams because of an inaccurate, one-read QB when the rest of the team is loaded.
I suppose you'd rather field an inaccurate, one-read QB who doesn't have a clue how to run the offense, pick up defensive keys, adjust protections, and make checks?

The one-read label on Rosier needs to stop. The only people saying that are the CiS Perry fan boys. Mark Richt has said over and over this Spring that Malik is the ONLY guy who's making the proper reads and going through the proper progressions. It's pretty pathetic that you don't want Malik to beat LSU just because you're afraid he'll lock up the starting job. I wonder which team are you going to root for 9/2 if Malik is the starter? Will you pull for LSU and pray Richt makes a QB change?

Advertisement
I suppose you'd rather field an inaccurate, one-read QB who doesn't have a clue how to run the offense, pick up defensive keys, adjust protections, and make checks?

The one-read label on Rosier needs to stop. The only people saying that are the CiS Perry fan boys. Mark Richt has said over and over this Spring that Malik is the ONLY guy who's making the proper reads and going through the proper progressions. It's pretty pathetic that you don't want Malik to beat LSU just because you're afraid he'll lock up the starting job. I wonder which team are you going to root for 9/2 if Malik is the starter? Will you pull for LSU and pray Richt makes a QB change?
You can tell just from their high school film & scrimmage throws Kosi & Jarren are more accurate than Malik, who's probably the worst passing QB we've had since Kenny Kelly. Of course Malik knows the offense better - he started every game last season & it's his 5th year on the team. It's the only advantage he has.

If you watched Malik play last year & think he goes through his progressions, you don't know what you're talking about.

FOH with those ridiculous LSU comments.

Williams is right now way overhyped. He is the most slow footed of the three quarterbacks. He doesnt know the offense yet.He will likely redshirt this year unless someone gets hurt. He has great potential and by next year our Oline will be better.
With our offensive line a QB's ability to run will be important. Thats where Perry will shine. Perry has more athletic upside and if he settles down can be a real fine qb. Its like Clockwork -the newest kid on the block is always the next messiah.
Its Rosier and Perry this year unless one gets hurt.

You can tell just from their high school film & scrimmage throws Kosi & Jarren are more accurate than Malik, who's probably the worst passing QB we've had since Kenny Kelly. Of course Malik knows the offense better - he started every game last season & it's his 5th year on the team. It's the only advantage he has.

If you watched Malik play last year & think he goes through his progressions, you don't know what you're talking about.

FOH with those ridiculous LSU comments.
Nkosi has had 5 scrimmages and he’s ranged from 38% to 50% with 4 TDs and 7 INTs. There is absolutely nothing about anything he’s done in his short time at Miami that even remotely suggests that he’s more accurate than Rosier. He’s immensely talented but he’s still thinking too much and that causes him to be a little late in his decision. Even Williams, who’s had really nice compeletion percentage, coaches have remarked that he’s not going to the correct receiver.

That said, my money is on Jarron being able to take down Rosier if anybody does it this off season.

Williams is right now way overhyped. He is the most slow footed of the three quarterbacks. He doesnt know the offense yet.He will likely redshirt this year unless someone gets hurt. He has great potential and by next year our Oline will be better.
With our offensive line a QB's ability to run will be important. Thats where Perry will shine. Perry has more athletic upside and if he settles down can be a real fine qb. Its like Clockwork -the newest kid on the block is always the next messiah.
Its Rosier and Perry this year unless one gets hurt.
Yeah. I’m trying not to fall into that trap and just be encouraged by a spring report for a change rather than disappointment.

Advertisement
He’s actually accurate so even if Richt simplifies the o he can still at least run slants and short ,intermediate routes with him. Unlike rosier.

There’s a reason we stayed away from drags and slants . Do you really want a inaccurate qb they only knows one speed throwing in the middle of the field ?
What I’d do just to see the drag route ran again by UM football. Used to be a beauty and worked every time, especially to Andre Johnson and Jason Geathers.

Advertisement
Back