Just spoke with Butler CC asst. about Ufomba Kamalu...

So, if he's that athletic, that productive, why isn't K State or any of the usual suspects who recruit Jr. Colleges all over him? Very strange.

Auburn and WVU are after him, and they recently plucked first round defensive linemen from JUCO (Nick Fairley and Bruce Irvin).

Advertisement
So, if he's that athletic, that productive, why isn't K State or any of the usual suspects who recruit Jr. Colleges all over him? Very strange.

Auburn and WVU are after him, and they recently plucked first round defensive linemen from JUCO (Nick Fairley and Bruce Irvin).

I think he was a backup plan to Auburn, and they got Hooks so they were good.

West Virginia fans do seem bummed to have lost him though.

I think he was a backup plan to Auburn, and they got Hooks so they were good.

West Virginia fans do seem bummed to have lost him though.

Lavon Hooks is at Ole Miss, not Auburn. What's your next excuse?

I want to see what some of the kids Golden has been able to redshirt look like this year. Anyone seen O'Donnell to see how much weight he's gained?

Advertisement
I want to see what some of the kids Golden has been able to redshirt look like this year. Anyone seen O'Donnell to see how much weight he's gained?
172.jpg

Advertisement
I dont see what the issue is. The kid is a bit raw, but is going to be more along than a true Frosh. Someone we can rotate in and get him some reps and hopefully he will start to develop FASTER than a Frosh, as he's already a bit ahead of the curve. Kid is HUGE with a frame to be 6'5 and over 300, and if he runs anywhere close to a 4.5 that is the type of athleticism that can really grow into something phenomenal within a year or two.

Ill differ to Golden on this matter. They obviously liked this kid enough to offer him a ship in what is going to be a limited class. They must have really liked what they saw. His stats looked pretty **** good for a "raw" kid. With his size and speed we can use him in a number of different spots, **** if this kid is that fast, Id like to see him take a crack at DE first, can you imagine a 6'5 280-290 DE here with 4.6ish speed? Guy like that could wreak HAVOC in a backfield and totally shut down his corner of the LOS. Would certainly be nice to take some pressure off of Chick.

Im also assuming that Golden is probably thinking that we are only getting ONE of Bryant and Bostwick, though both of those guys seem destined for DT, but I suspect this kid eventually will too.

Bottom line is, we have the kid for 3 years, he's already got a year into a decent program and development, he's raw, and yet his stats were pretty good, and his athleticism is phenomenal. This is kid is a bit of a gamble. But the risk/reward seems like its worth it. We need all the help on the DL we can get, and lets face it, we dont have a ton of options left at this point.

Who says he redshirted at Butler? I thought the kid led his team in sacks last season?

He said that Ufomba is a good, quiet kid. No character issues. Leads by example.

Will arrive in May.

Definitely passes the eye test. Big, athletic body, room to grow and put an additional 20-25 pounds on w/o losing agility. Not a fat 280, solidly built. Needs to get stronger, get in the weight room.

Coach also said he's physical, has good get off, is an asset or will be in the running game.

Definitely improved over the season, played outstanding in the national title game. Says Franklin should develop him, however he did mention it would benefit Ufomba to redshirt, but it's his understanding Miami needs him to play immediately. He's a bit concerned about him adjusting to the physicality of the ACC w/o a year to transition, but said he expects him to pick it up quickly and be an important component on the line .

Lots of upside, but we might not see it immediately, but expects Ufomba to be contributing right away.

why would a butler coach say he needs to redshirt when he already burned his redshirt at butler? lol

exactly......he's 3 in 3 because he redshirted his 1st year of JUCO. Can't redshirt again...

The coach basically said a whole entire bunch of nothing. Read the last paragraph to the end, he contradicts himself with everything he says.

Advertisement
I like these African kids. Some of them seem to have unreal physiques. Not spoiled by American junk food and bad habits. Both our Nigerians come from the smartest and most industrious tribe in Nigeria, the Igbo's (sometimes called Ibo's.) Many were decimated over a generation ago when they seceded and tried to start a separate country, Biafra.

Advertisement
Back