Just saw a headline from Espn........

I do. I also understand that was 40 and 20 years ago respectively
Sorry fellow came I think you are missing my point!! What Alabama is doing is thinking out of the norm. You said Jason Taylor is part time, but they have two other former nflers on that staff and they are former canes!!! The reed move was nice. I’m saying we should see how we can get more folks to do that on the low to help our program!

Advertisement
Racism
There honestly needs to be some sort of cap for collegiate staffs at this point. What we're seeing with the bamas and osu's abd clemsons of the world wirh 87 head coaches in 40k/yr analyst roles etc. Etc. Is the equivalent of turning the salary cap off in madden franchise and signing every single best free agent (whether you need them or not) just for the sake of having them lol

The end product that the NCAA is putting out is quite honestly complete garbage on NBA levels now...but because the handful of schools that can leech off of Mark Emmerts saggy *** are bringing in revenue, nothing will change until people stop watching.
Emmert has a strange affection for these cracker schools: Alabama, Clemson, OU, and OSU (I know it's up North but it"s Redneck Central in most of the state). They've taken CFB and turned it into an endless episode of "Hee Haw".

Last edited:
All true, yet but for clock mismanagement at the end of the half in the SEC championship game, weirdo Dan Mullen likely would have engineered an upset. And UF isn't close to spending level of OSU & Bama.

All those advantages, fair and unfair, doesn’t make them absolutely unbeatable. But it gives them the best odds of anybody.

My point is, it’s not a level playing field, although even teams with all the advantages lose sometimes.

But over time, law of averages, they’re going to win way more than anybody else.

Advertisement
as crazy as it sounds I can ALMOST and I said ALMOST can understand why some BAMA fans scream for his head when he goes without winning a NC every year.

With what he has at his disposal,with everything to work with there's really no reason for him NOT to win a NC every year.I mean the guy has the best of EVERYTHING at his disposal.Best facilities,best players,best coaches,best boosters ( moneywise) I mean why should he ever lose.

I know he's recognized as probably the greatest college coach ever but I wonder how many other coaches could do the same thing if not even better than him given everything he has to use.

I just wish we had 1/2 of what BAMA has at their disposal and that's not BAMA slurping by any means it's just recognizing the facts..

as crazy as it sounds I can ALMOST and I said ALMOST can understand why some BAMA fans scream for his head when he goes without winning a NC every year.

With what he has at his disposal,with everything to work with there's really no reason for him NOT to win a NC every year.I mean the guy has the best of EVERYTHING at his disposal.Best facilities,best players,best coaches,best boosters ( moneywise) I mean why should he ever lose.

I know he's recognized as probably the greatest college coach ever but I wonder how many other coaches could do the same thing if not even better than him given everything he has to use.

I just wish we had 1/2 of what BAMA has at their disposal and that's not BAMA slurping by any means it's just recognizing the facts..

It is not slurping when you say that with their overwhelming advantages they should be winning the ship every year. Their fans have a right to be upset. It’s an upset when they don’t win. They should win it every year, especially since they have the head of the NCAA running interference for them so they have carte blanche to cheat all they want

Imagine an NFL franchise having 25 first round picks every year.

That’s what you have in Alabama

Advertisement
Tuscaloosa would have absolutely nothing if not for their college football team. They are the only game in town. :/

All that money into football, and that place has some of the ****tiest roads I've ever drove a truck on.

Almost as bad as Detroit. And THAT is saying something.
thats why sometimes im just flabbergasted as to what does Tuscaloosa have to offer that Miami cant beat when it comes to recruiting. There has to be something more than just football to entice these kids coming out of high school.

Must be nice to be able to buy anything you want.
No surprise here. I remember the days when everyone was dropping Miami from their schedules. They were afraid of the nuclear capabilities the team had then. Why aren’t more schools dropping bama??? $$$$$$$ they dont care about winning and positioning for championships. Nor do they care about fans, supporters, or players coming out of that game unscathed.

All those advantages, fair and unfair, doesn’t make them absolutely unbeatable. But it gives them the best odds of anybody.

My point is, it’s not a level playing field, although even teams with all the advantages lose sometimes.

But over time, law of averages, they’re going to win way more than anybody else.

I agree. But it's worth noting that UF didn't sneak up on Bama like Ole Miss might have. They went toe to toe with a ready and motivated Bama squad. They aren't invincible.

In sports where there are a five or seven game series, the deeper, better team almost always wins. In football where it comes down to one game, an innovative coach on a less talented team can still scheme up something that catches the stronger team by surprise. Point is, a game against Bama is not totally hopeless, but it will require some outstanding coaching and a lot of luck. And if you are going to play them, the first game of the season is definitely the time to do it. Bama will have a lot of roster turnover and Miami has a lot of experienced players coming back. UF's performance showed me that there are ways that a team with a somewhat comparable talent level to Miami can still manage to be competitive with Bama, at least for one game.

Emmert has a strange affection for these cracker schools: Alabama, Clemson, OU, and OSU (I know it's up North but it"s Redneck Central in most of the state). They've taken CFB and turned it into an endless episode of "Hee Haw".
I like it. Couldn’t agree more. I cant imagine the ncaa stepping up to destroy the bama dynasty. Could you imagine an investigation for infractions on a school who’s become the poster child for the sport, especially with a coach with 7 NC’s....

Advertisement
I like it. Couldn’t agree more. I cant imagine the ncaa stepping up to destroy the bama dynasty. Could you imagine an investigation for infractions on a school who’s become the poster child for the sport, especially with a coach with 7 NC’s....

Just like Al Capone, the only way that Bama and those cheating schools will get brought down is through tax investigations. If the IRS bothered to look into how a kid who didn't have two nickels to rub together suddenly has a 40k car, then went after the recruit for not reporting the financial gain and the person who didn't report that gift on their taxes, the playing field would start to level.

For some reason, the a$$holes at the IRS will fine regular working stiffs for not reporting a $300 bank signup promo bonus (as just happened with me, I didn't know the bank reported that as income to the IRS, and that $300 bank bonus from two years ago is now costing me over $1000 in fines/late fees) but turn a blind eye to millionaires buying houses and cars for recruits. Go figure.

Advertisement
Forget the money they invest into their Football program, can you expect a Baker surviving in Alabama with the ****** performance our Defense had this past season? Of course not. Saban’s standards are night and day different than Diaz’s. No one survives giving up 700 yards at Bama.

There honestly needs to be some sort of cap for collegiate staffs at this point. What we're seeing with the bamas and osu's abd clemsons of the world wirh 87 head coaches in 40k/yr analyst roles etc. Etc. Is the equivalent of turning the salary cap off in madden franchise and signing every single best free agent (whether you need them or not) just for the sake of having them lol

The end product that the NCAA is putting out is quite honestly complete garbage on NBA levels now...but because the handful of schools that can leech off of Mark Emmerts saggy *** are bringing in revenue, nothing will change until people stop watching.
Ratings are down for most sports already.

Just like Al Capone, the only way that Bama and those cheating schools will get brought down is through tax investigations. If the IRS bothered to look into how a kid who didn't have two nickels to rub together suddenly has a 40k car, then went after the recruit for not reporting the financial gain and the person who didn't report that gift on their taxes, the playing field would start to level.

For some reason, the a$$holes at the IRS will fine regular working stiffs for not reporting a $300 bank signup promo bonus (as just happened with me, I didn't know the bank reported that as income to the IRS, and that $300 bank bonus from two years ago is now costing me over $1000 in fines/late fees) but turn a blind eye to millionaires buying houses and cars for recruits. Go figure.

I agree with you, but very hard to prove, and with NIL coming up, it will be perfectly legal anyway.

Advertisement
Back