Just read 2 articles on Rivals...

AtrainCane

Junior
Premium
One was on Valentine, one was on Kaaya.

Both committed, but 2 totally diff vibes. This is the quote I didn't like.

"As of right now, I'm still committed," Kaaya said after his game Friday night. "I'm not telling (Miami) anything crazy. It's all smooth right now.

Valentine was 100 percent..But our future QB, the leader of your football team sounds shaky at best.....

Advertisement
I tried to tell yall... He honestly would just be hard headed not to take the UCLA offer

This thread will turn bad really quick. Kaaya has been very mature in this recruiting process, I predict men will spazz like women, but nothing will change.

Advertisement
Coley, Lewis, Waters, Griffin, Dobard, Berrios, Langham ... McDermott, Flowers, Isidora, Gall, Odogwu, Gibbons, Darling. ... Gus the Bus, Yearby, Powell.

There is a reason Peyton went to Denver. There is a reason Kaaya will go to Miami.

I tried to tell yall... He honestly would just be hard headed not to take the UCLA offer

What a silly comment. How would he be "hard headed" to not sign with UCLA? The kid has expressed that he loves Miami and it's staff, the kid was treated well by Miami and was ignored by other schools until Miami came to him. His mother has had nothing but positive things to say. Many kids come cross country to go to school, and his mother already said she would get a place in Miami.

Advertisement
Stop getting worried about Kaaya. It's a tough choice for him and he's taking his time to make the right choice

I'm sure it is tough, but if he really did say that......not good for us.

Like other posters have said i'm not worried because Golden always has a plan. But you can't see this as good.

I have to see a full summary. It's just like a player doing a 15 minute interview and then the reporter picks out 1 sentence and makes a story about it but nobody focuses on the questions asked, how he answered or the full statement so im taking this with a grain of salt at least until he completely decides

It's hard for me to believe someone (Kaaya) who has been recruiting for us, wears all canes gear to the UCLA game and is throwing up the []_[] in the stands, is going to just drop us and jump on the UCLA train. I'll believe it when it happens.

Advertisement
Stop getting worried about Kaaya. It's a tough choice for him and he's taking his time to make the right choice

Like other posters have said i'm not worried because Golden always has a plan. But you can't see this as good.

I have to see a full summary. It's just like a player doing a 15 minute interview and then the reporter picks out 1 sentence and makes a story about it but nobody focuses on the questions asked, how he answered or the full statement so im taking this with a grain of salt at least until he completely decides

Nothing to make us feel any better.

It's hard for me to believe someone (Kaaya) who has been recruiting for us, wears all canes gear to the UCLA game and is throwing up the []_[] in the stands, is going to just drop us and jump on the UCLA train. I'll believe it when it happens.

Believe me, I want you to be right.

That's a losers mentality though. Yes, Kaaya is taking his time but there is a looooooooooong and strong relationship that the staff have with the Kaayas and you still see him in Cane gear and still showing love to Cane targets/commits even from Saturday with Berrios so obviously UM is still huge with him even with UCLA. All im saying is trust that everything the staff has done this whole time to build the bond will work out in the end instead of being paranoid that he's going to leave

Advertisement
If a Miami kid committed to UCLA got a Miami offer, sounded excited, came to a Miami game with his Miami committed teammate, and was quoted as saying that he's committed to UCLA.... "for now"....., in October, I know what all of us would be thinking.

I'm far from Mope Squad but I don't care for this "for now" stuff and I'm disappointed by it, really. Based on his earlier commentary I didn't think he would ever even allow that much stretch, small as it may be.

That's a losers mentality though. Yes, Kaaya is taking his time but there is a looooooooooong and strong relationship that the staff have with the Kaayas and you still see him in Cane gear and still showing love to Cane targets/commits even from Saturday with Berrios so obviously UM is still huge with him even with UCLA. All im saying is trust that everything the staff has done this whole time to build the bond will work out in the end instead of being paranoid that he's going to leave

It's not about a losers mentality, its about facts. I'm going by what he himself said. What he actually did was say the same thing his mother said when he first got the UCLA offer. Your QB should not be saying he is committed for now, and he will evaluate again after the season. Y are you guys trying to act like a QB is a rb, or wr, te, or dl. He isn't, he is supposed to be your leader.

It's not about a losers mentality, its about facts. I'm going by what he himself said. What he actually did was say the same thing his mother said when he first got the UCLA offer. Your QB should not be saying he is committed for now, and he will evaluate again after the season. Y are you guys trying to act like a QB is a rb, or wr, te, or dl. He isn't, he is supposed to be your leader.

It's still a tough choice and a leader still recruits for a school and stays in contact with committed guys and guys who UM really wants which is what he's doing. I still want the full summary because just like Ryan Mayes the other day who made 1 quote that got blown up until many posters posted the rest of interview which had a totally different tone

Much as I like Kaaya, Valentine is more important recruit. He is monster for our NT position and will improve the entire D. We have Williams, Crow and Baby J at QB; We have nothing approaching that at NT. I think Brad is too smart to take the UCLA cheese(as Al would say). Staff turned Morris into potential 1st round pick and Williams looks one heck of a lot better this year. Three more wins and we will be in every NC discussion. In two weeks, UCLA will probably have 2 losses. If they beat the Ducks and Stanford, then I think we have a problem.

Advertisement
Back