Just one thing from me...

Imma be the one to say it, Golden told the administration to schedule easier OOC games that way he could build momentum. We didn't listen. Lol
Going for the money in those OOC games instead of trying to rebuild the program. That's on the Director and the Administration.

Advertisement
If we had the right HC, scheduling Bama doesn't bother me. But that hasn't happened since Butch really. I agree with your post. Manny has proven over and over again that he isn't the guy to lead UM back to the elite. I didn't expect to beat Bama, but can we at least look competitive and like how a UM team is supposed to play?
You mean if we have the right roster right

when will you realize HC doesn’t matter. It’s all about the roster

Going for the money in those OOC games instead of trying to rebuild the program. That's on the Director and the Administration.
Winning big games build programs. Beating Wagner doesn’t. Losing to Bama means very little in the grand scheme of things.

no more scheduling these tough out of conference openers if UM can help it. It's embarrassing. They're over-matched, bottom line, This isnt 2001. This program has enough issues consistently winning vs middling ACC programs, why make it even more difficult. Just schedule for success. I didn't like this game the second it was announced because as optimistic as I want/like to be, I'm also a realist. So next year, lets shuffle things around and get Wagner back on our schedule as the opener

Yeah, I said it

And now that I think about it, just a few more things:

* No more Turnover Chain, at this point it's become a self-parody of the program

* Early conservative play calling was baffling to me. And they still were trying to establish the run even as they fell behind early

* Are we sure we beat App St and Mich St the next two weeks? If we don't, I'd like this to be the end of Manny Diaz

* Still a lot of football to be played, lets see how this plays out. But today was another dose of reality. It was Clemson all over again
With our defense being so subpar every game left exception of Cent Connecticut is hold your breath

At this point, we've had so much Kool-Aid that we should rename this fine website 'Jonestown'

Now, with that said, I'd like to see Manny make a bit of a youth movement with the guys we saw yesterday. I get it, he probably felt the need to have more experienced guys vs Bama in the opener, but we saw (once again) the limitations of guys like Ivey, Scaife, Carter, etc. The tricky thing is that App St and Mich St aren't pushovers by any stretch for this program

my view is that if this AD had any conscience, in the back of their minds they know that Diaz has to show something these upcoming two weeks and beyond. I'll always support UM football, but Im not blind, either
Manny recruited every single player on the defense - Carter, Ivy etc. he’s been here 6 years. And he’s responsible for at least 1/2 the players on the offensive side of the ball, since this is year 3 as HC

Advertisement
no more scheduling these tough out of conference openers if UM can help it. It's embarrassing. They're over-matched, bottom line, This isnt 2001. This program has enough issues consistently winning vs middling ACC programs, why make it even more difficult. Just schedule for success. I didn't like this game the second it was announced because as optimistic as I want/like to be, I'm also a realist. So next year, lets shuffle things around and get Wagner back on our schedule as the opener

Yeah, I said it

* No more Turnover Chain, at this point it's become a self-parody of the program

* Early conservative play calling was baffling to me. And they still were trying to establish the run even as they fell behind early

* Are we sure we beat App St and Mich St the next two weeks? If we don't, I'd like this to be the end of Manny Diaz

* Still a lot of football to be played, lets see how this plays out. But today was another dose of reality. It was Clemson all over again
Scheduling a game like this is either you need the money or blind arrogance. We can play a competitive non-conference without playing a consistent top 4 team until we have proven we can compete above our weight class.

On a lighter note, fire Blake James already.

Scheduling a game like this is either you need the money or blind arrogance. We can play a competitive non-conference without playing a consistent top 4 team until we have proven we can compete above our weight class.

Or at least not lay them in these showcase nuetral site settings. I get that UM will play some tough games, Im fine with that. But how you schedule is an important detail

They'd just hire Lashlee. Not expressing an opinion on him, just noting our propensity to conduct a thorough search only to end up elevating a coach from the staff that just failed miserably.

Advertisement
Tbh.. We just aren’t in the same class, nor is any other team as Bama..

I feel we saw some moments where we looked like we could possibly hang with them (not for long).

lucky for us.. ACC might be cheeks this year.. King looks great even with his OL getting man handled by grown men.. and we finally got some dam WR worth a dam..

Offense is going to have to be the focus and driving force for this team.. cause this D just ain’t it.. no reason for us to not win at lease 10 games
I agree with what you said about the offense but the defense will be fine. Aside from the **** poor tackling in the 1st half, the defense played decent. You have to look at the totality of what happened. Lashlee with his ultra conservative play calling put the defense on the field nearly 11 minutes of the 1st quarter. We made 1 1st down in the 1st quarter and only 2 1st downs in our first 4 drives. Giving that many possessions to Bama wouldn't have resulted any differently for 99% of the teams. You can't put your defense in those situations. Lashlee should have started the game the way he did the 2nd half. Bama wouldn't have scored 27 points because they would have had fewer possessions. Perhaps it would have been a 17-7 or 17-10 score at halftime. If King scores on that 4th & goal, the 2nd half score would have been 17-10 Bama or perhaps 17-10 Miami because maybe that 94 yard touchdown pass doesn't happen.

Our front 7 played pretty well. Four of the 7 graded near 70 or better by Pro Football Focus.
1. Ford - 78.1
2. Flagg - 76.5
4. Silvera - 69.5
5. McCloud - 68.1

I think the play calling on both sides of the ball was too conservative to start the game. We needed to just come out swinging for the fences.

The bottom line is that the team was competitive in the 2nd half and they fought to the end. That's a good sign.

Or at least not lay them in these showcase nuetral site settings. I get that UM will play some tough games, Im fine with that. But how you schedule is an important detail
Wasn’t this game scheduled four or five years ago? By James and Richt. Richt probably thought he’d have Miami back on track and a national power by this year. Didn’t work out, sadly.

Advertisement
Wasn’t this game scheduled four or five years ago? By James and Richt. Richt probably thought he’d have Miami back on track and a national power by this year. Didn’t work out, sadly.

I guess so, all Im pleading is that we never make that mistake again

Yeah, I said it

The worst part was the play calling early on. I just can't wrap my head around what Lashlee was thinking the first several drives when we desperately needed a spark. All by himself, he sucked the life out of the entire team with BS calls while Alabama was walking away with the game.

Advertisement
The worst part was the play calling early on. I just can't wrap my head around what Lashlee was thinking the first several drives when we desperately needed a spark. All by himself, he sucked the life out of the entire team with BS calls while Alabama was walking away with the game.

Thomas, after we went down 7-0, conventional wisdom has you thinking -- OK, we need to score every drive, we can't be conservative and scared. You knew where this was going...

And that's precisely what we/Lashlee was -- frightened

I was at Barney Beanery and when they ran the ball on 3rd and 7 there was an audible gasp and 'WTF!!" from the Miami fans there(it's a traditional game watch spot for Hurricane fans out here in Los Angeles). It was funny, but not 'ha ha' funny, if you catch me drift

Advertisement
Back