Just for laughs and to stir the pot....

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
A somewhat long term poster on CS who actually hates Golden, claims that he has gotten info for a "fact" that Ermon Lane is seriously looking at UM. That Lane told the staff that the reason most kids in So Fla were dissing UM was because they think the staff sucks and cant develop players, and that in response, the staff told him, that they had to strip down the offense this year significantly because of Morris. They supposedly told him that Williams knows the whole offense and next year the play book is going to be totally different, and that they are going all in to bring in the best talent possible, including going all in after TV, JC Jackson, and Bo.

This is almost 99% ceretain to be bullsh*t, but this dude is a major Golden hater, so for him to post some of this is odd. What he said about Williams too does resonate a bit, in something some players have told people privately, that RW really knows the whole offense and playbook more than any other QB.

Since its Sunday night and we arent likely to get any major news, and we are in the home stretch of the Recruiting season insanity, I thought I would share this gem for your "crootin" pleasure.

Advertisement
The same guy who laughed after claiming that UM was still in the picture a week ago?

He's FSU-bound to play with Cook.

Advertisement
FSU is going to sign the top-3 Wrs in the country! Dupre, Randolph and Lane...smh.

Advertisement
FSU is going to sign the top-3 Wrs in the country! Dupre, Randolph and Lane...smh.

Yeah they might but after Winston goes pro after this season wouldnt suprise me to see FSU go back to all hype no substance like usual.

Advertisement

Yeah they might but after Winston goes pro after this season wouldnt suprise me to see FSU go back to all hype no substance like usual.
At least they got back to the top.

Jimbob has shown he can get them there. Golden hasn't shown that.

True I agree Jimbo is a better gameday coach but lets not forget Ponder and Manuel were 1st round NFL picks deserving or not. But you give any coach a QB like Winston and they will make you look **** good.

Advertisement

At least they got back to the top.

Jimbob has shown he can get them there. Golden hasn't shown that.

True, but sometimes its a matter of "everything just coming together". Butch had a lot of talent here, and couldnt get over the hump until the scrawny kid from California was able to lead the team the way it needed to be led, got the ball to the playmakers, and suddenly Butch looked like a genius.

Jimbo has had a ton of talent up there and hadnt done jack. He finally caught lightning in a bottle with Winston, and it now makes him look like a genius.

Mack Brown had been sitting on top recruiting classes for years and years at UT, and didnt win sh*t until he caught lightning in a bottle with Vince Young.

There are very few coaches who can consistently win it all or be the best. With better talent, even AG could have had 11 wins this year. And if he keeps recruiting the way he is, I think he will get there. Wether he can win it all, I think will depend on finding that special player, that "guy" that brings it all together. Often it is things like that which separate just a "good" coach, from a championship coach.

I can see Lane possibly thinking about us and maybe listening but I don't think he signs. Although he should

I absolutely do believe the stuff about the offense and Morris. Morris though gifted is just not very bright. It was obvious to anyone. I believe the offense will be so much more efficient without Morris and a healthy Duke and Yearby coming in. I'm telling you right now that Morris was the worst compliment to that ****** defense. With that awful bend dont' break but break anyway was compounded by a quarterback that had a one trick pony in going deep and once Dorsett and Duke went down, he was awful. We needed a quarterback to move the chains and keep the defense off the field. He could never do that Don't start lumping me in with a staff apologist but I can't stand Stephen Morris and think the offense and team will be better without him.

I can see Lane possibly thinking about us and maybe listening but I don't think he signs. Although he should

I absolutely do believe the stuff about the offense and Morris. Morris though gifted is just not very bright. It was obvious to anyone. I believe the offense will be so much more efficient without Morris and a healthy Duke and Yearby coming in. I'm telling you right now that Morris was the worst compliment to that ****ty defense. With that awful bend dont' break but break anyway was compounded by a quarterback that had a one trick pony in going deep and once Dorsett and Duke went down, he was awful. We needed a quarterback to move the chains and keep the defense off the field. He could never do that Don't start lumping me in with a staff apologist but I can't stand Stephen Morris and think the offense and team will be better without him.

I believe the offense will get better as coley becomes a better play caller

the staff told him, that they had to strip down the offense this year significantly because of Morris. They supposedly told him that Williams knows the whole offense and next year the play book is going to be totally different

Believe it or not, a former player said this exact same thing in the middle of the season this year via email. Nothing regarding recruiting, just the offense/Morris/Williams.

Advertisement
Back