Just finished rewatching the VT game. Avantae Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miami04

Senior
no one should be asking why Anantae isn’t playing more.

That was an extremely disappointing performance.

He is the face of what is wrong with this program right now. Highly rated recruits that come in and are either not coached correctly or are just a long way from being good.

Even the fumble he caused was a completion because he went the wrong way and didn’t cover his man.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He is the face of what is wrong with this program right now. Highly rated recruits that come in and are either not coached correctly or are just a long way from being good.

Even the fumble he caused was a completion because he went the wrong way and didn’t cover his man.
Its not just AW. Its the entire Safety room. They all gamble way too much. Kam gambles more than any of them. I like their knack for wanting to make a big play..I actually love it..but the difference between Ed Reed and all the other safeties whoever walked the earth is that Ed watched an ungodly amount of film to ensure he never made a mistake...He didnt gamble, he counted cards. (For my blackjack players)

It's amazing how positions like QB and safety that were looked at as strengths up until August have not performed well. I expect to see significant turnover from roster and coaching staff at the end of season.

Advertisement
PlAy THe freSHmeN!!
To be fair he's a sophomore and i like that they played him, found out he's not good or not ready, and sat him back down. They tried out other young guys and it did work out very well like Colbie, Wesley, Porter, Kelly, and Anez. I think there are still other young guys who need a shot to see how they'll do in games, mainly the young corners.

What in god's name was that angle he took on the throw late that should have been caught for a TD?

Looked like it was his first time seeing a football thrown. Maybe his first time seeing a football, period.
Ball should have been caught. If so, we add to our lengthy list of blown coverage/bad angle TDs and maybe lose another game. Can't keep give up cheap TDs without any consequences.

What in god's name was that angle he took on the throw late that should have been caught for a TD?

Looked like it was his first time seeing a football thrown. Maybe his first time seeing a football, period.
I laughed out loud when I saw the replay at how bad his angle was and him even trying to jump and make a play on the ball. He was so far out of position and the angle was so bad he took he should have just kept going to the locker room.

Advertisement

I agree with your assessment. However, I do believe many of the higher rated kids we have had come through here have settled on just being good to average players. A lot of the poor play we have seen from our top rated players has been due to lack of discipline and effort. I am a firm believer that Dogs are gonna be Dogs wherever they go and not matter who coaches them.

Advertisement
He's not a safety. Needs to be moved either closer to the line of scrimmage or at nickel. Just let him use his athleticism and eliminate as much decision making as possible. His tape had him coming downhill crushing kids and we dont see anything but blown coverages at this level.

On that dropped TD pass if AW takes the proper angle that is an easy int. He should have at least made and attempt and jump for it.
I'm just confused on what he's doing or reading. His pre snap alignment he's in between the hash and numbers. Snap he stays there and James Williams starts to drop in the middle of the field trying to get deep. The slot takes his route inside and it looks like Tae takes his eyes there for some reason, but from what you see that's James Williams responsibility to get deep middle. His recovery angle is too shallow/flat which causes him to get lucky that the receiver dropped it and he jumps late and kind of makes a half effort. Players not handling their jobs and trying to do too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back