Just finished QB1

Advertisement
Miami is tough on AP credits. Especially credits for courses in your major field- maths, sciences. They have gotten harder over the past 6 years- I know from experience and two kids in school at UM....

When I enrolled you needed a 5 on ALMOST every AP test. And community college credits? Forget it.

if this is about martell, it was confirmed that he will enroll and hope for a waiver so no grad early thing

when i went there, they accepted some 3s, but i specifically remember English being a 5 only

Yeah needed 5's on English, which is stupid, because my English classes at Miami were not much harder than the AP English tests.

I got a 4 on Bio which got me credit, but that was it.

Advertisement
Yeah needed 5's on English, which is stupid, because my English classes at Miami were not much harder than the AP English tests.

I got a 4 on Bio which got me credit, but that was it.

lol my freshman english was a joke at UM compared to AP. my upper level english was def more work tho (i think we needed some 200 level english or some **** to graduate out of arts and science)

lol my freshman english was a joke at UM compared to AP. my upper level english was def more work tho (i think we needed some 200 level english or some **** to graduate out of arts and science)

Mine was kind of funny because my AP English teachers were HORRIBLE (and one was an unabashed Nole and I had her class in 2000 so she HATED me) but the content was challenging. My English teachers at Miami were really, really good, but the material wasn't very difficult.

One class was on the Cuban diaspora. I was the only "white" person in the class. Awesome class.

Advertisement
Well, here is webpage for AP Credits at Miami. Plenty of 4s and some 3s accepted.

https://admissions.miami.edu/underg...nformation/ap-credit-equivalencies/index.html

I think I saw two threes. One was in Latin. Many of these are very, very obscure to be offered as AP classes. I had about 5 total options for AP.

Also, the credits don't really matter all that much if they don't count toward your major. For example, I didn't have a language requirement, so French wouldn't have done me any good.

Listen I’m not riding the kid or even disrespecting him.In fact I’m glad as **** we got him.Im just pointing out what came up on the show and how what was said kind of contradicted what was thought by some about him talking all these college courses to graduate in two years.

Maybe he can.I doubt he does but if he can it’s great for UM football

Don’t have a clue why everyone is all upset about what I posted.I don’t think any of it was negative toward the kid other than saying I didn’t think he was pre-med.If he turns out to be I will personally come on here and eat crow...happily.The world can use great doctors.

I just knew what it took for me to graduate in 3 years and I wasn’t trying to play football and I was only a few credits short of my AA when I finished HS.

I personally love the kid and I’m much happier we got him and not Hurts especially if he’s able to play.

So if anyone thinks I was trying to disrespect the kid I apologize and neg away.

That's some real man stuff right there. Much appreciated. Some of the simps here would never make a post like this.

Honestly guys I think the Transfer is a 80% Lock. Urban Retired for a reason and not a good one. But QB1 was a great show, was expecting to learn more about Brevin Jordan. Bubba Bolden is the unsung Star of the Show. He almost broke Tate Martell's arm when he flipped the ATV/DuneBuggy but Martell will learn from that(Protect The Ball) and not think his arm is indestructible. Also Bubba Bolden blocking St. Thomas Aquinas game winning field goal shows me that he's a big moment guy. I Wish Haskell Garrett comes as soon as he Graduates

Advertisement
I just finished the series, too. I really liked how they contrasted the three kids. One of my favorite parts of the series was in episode 9 with the OC from Ohio State talking to Martell about expectations. It was like a "scared straight" experience for Tate. I took away that he seemed to grow up over the course of the show.

I agree with you @KWConch , He has that "it" factor for sure.

Advertisement
I ended up fast forwarding through the chubby WF kid b/c it was so boring and his team sucked.

When Martell did the reverse reverse, it reminded me of Hester. But I hope he doesn't do that here it would mean no protection, or a predictable screen. The coach that snitched on him for freelancing was next to him when he was talking to his teammate about getting benched, Both those coaches need to realize the scheme wasn't there and Martell actually made them look good. Then the head coach tried to save some face

Advertisement
Back