Just finished QB1

I wouldn't automatically assume he's going to be the starter. The job will be won on the Greentree practice field.

As far as the waiver goes, I'm not as optimistic as you. See my comment here:
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/martell-waiver-timeframe.145079/post-3830452
The waiver thing is annoying. I saw an article where the author all but says fields waiver is a lock due to the racist commmets of one student. I would never make light of racism but that’s pretty weak. I think a sudden coaching change and the turmoil surrounding the Coaches at OSU would have more of an impact on an athlete then one ignorant persons comments.

Advertisement
His ranking says that.....remember though he doesnt have Urban anymore the qb whisperer.
The ones who transferred here done pretty well!

Or you mean percentages of a waiver are against them... yea u prolly right.
I measnt like percentages of being super stars like a Cam Newton, the number is very low. Im saying that works against them but I will say I think Martel can be great here, all I was pointing too was the fact that the percentage of real success (football success/being elite) are against them. One poster took it personal and got in there emotions and didnt understand what I was saying, they took it as a slight on Martel.

The waiver thing is annoying. I saw an article where the author all but says fields waiver is a lock due to the racist commmets of one student. I would never make light of racism but that’s pretty weak. I think a sudden coaching change and the turmoil surrounding the Coaches at OSU would have more of an impact on an athlete then one ignorant persons comments.

Yeah. Coaching turnover is rare in college football.

But getting called racist names by prospective teammates is no big deal.

Advertisement
Yeah. Coaching turnover is rare in college football.

But getting called racist names by prospective teammates is no big deal.
He was a baseball player if I recall. Let’s not be naive and pretend that Racism doesn’t exist on college campuses and even in locker rooms. It should not be accepted or go unpunished but to suggest one comment is so traumatic or any more traumatic than so many other things that could occur is absurd.

He was a baseball player if I recall. Let’s not be naive and pretend that Racism doesn’t exist on college campuses and even in locker rooms. It should not be accepted or go unpunished but to suggest one comment is so traumatic or any more traumatic than so many other things that could occur is absurd.

To suggest coaching turnover is the equivalent of, or a bigger deal than, a teammate calling you racist names is absurd.

Fields is baseball player, too. It wasn’t some random fan, it was a future teammate. And the fact that he felt comfortable speaking as he did in a public setting would suggest the culture on that baseball team might be an issue for Fields.

I’m fairly certain the argument Fields is presenting would be much clearer to folks if he transferred to Miami or they weren’t blinded by disdain for all things UGA/SEC/Ohio State.

I’m not saying his case is simple. But it’s a bigger deal than coaching turnover, IMO.

To suggest coaching turnover is the equivalent of, or a bigger deal than, a teammate calling you racist names is absurd.

Fields is baseball player, too. It wasn’t some random fan, it was a future teammate. And the fact that he felt comfortable speaking as he did in a public setting would suggest the culture on that baseball team might be an issue for Fields.

I’m fairly certain the argument Fields is presenting would be much clearer to folks if he transferred to Miami or they weren’t blinded by disdain for all things UGA/SEC/Ohio State.

I’m not saying his case is simple. But it’s a bigger deal than coaching turnover, IMO.
The baseball player was dismissed and Fields' sister is at UGA on a softball scholarship. His argument hold no water.

The baseball player was dismissed and Fields' sister is at UGA on a softball scholarship. His argument hold no water.

What does his sister being on the softball team have to do with the culture on the baseball team?

Have you seen the women’s softball team roster versus the men’s baseball roster?

Y’all keep parroting the same argument about his sister, but have no clue what their roster looks like.

Advertisement
What does his sister being on the softball team have to do with the culture on the baseball team?

Have you seen the women’s softball team roster versus the men’s baseball roster?

Y’all keep parroting the same argument about his sister, but have no clue what their roster looks like.
What does the roster have to do with him or his family feeling some type of way about a dismissed player and then sending their daughter to the same place? Nothing, his argument is weak.

What does the roster have to do with him or his family feeling some type of way about a dismissed player and then sending their daughter to the same place? Nothing, his argument is weak.

The argument, weak or not, is that Justin doesn’t feel comfortable staying at UGA and joining the baseball team because of the culture.

I assume they will argue he wouldn’t have selected UGA if he knew the baseball culture when he made his choice.

The women’s softball culture has nothing to do with their argument.

I honestly think both are pretty weak.

I'm African American and I think it's a pretty weak excuse to use a racist comment by 1 student as reason to tranfer especially after playing the whole season. I've faced racism my whole life. I would never hide behind it as an excuse to get a transfer waiver. I find it insulting to try to use that as an excuse. The kid that made the racist comment was on the baseball team and was kicked off of the team. So, it's not like the school did nothing. If I moved every time I heard a racist comment, there'd be no where to live.

Advertisement
The Bowers q.b that went to wake forest just found out is the nephew of Troy Drayton former miami dolphin te

Here's a link to an episode on You tube called "Welcome to the It Factory" - it's a series about the 2016 Elite 11 kids. This link is for episode #4 - the Power of the Jersey. It features Tate Martell and some other guys you will recognize. It was posted earlier today on another board but I thought some of you might be interested. It's worth watching. I think the whole series is 9 episodes. If you don't want to watch the whole thing - although it's worth it - skip to the 4-5 min. mark. Another side of Martell...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back